+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
how often do you guy's check your e-cas?
A few times a week but I don't think there's any point yet. If you look at the March spread sheet, hardly any of those have IP yet outside of one person at the very start of the month so outside of urgent processing or random flukes, I don't think any of us from the start of April should expect much for another month at least, probably longer, and if anything happens before that, it'll just be a nice surprise.

Febreze

May 5, 2018
Please add me to the tracker
id: febreze
App.Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1456
App Sent: Apr 10, 2018
App Recd: Apr 13, 2018
AOR:
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

Thanks

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
please update
app sent - march 31
app received - april 5
AOR - may 3
Physical presence days - 1487
BC applicant
Congrats!! @SC89 Can you also share your location and your App type (Single/Family)?

id: AruninBC
Physical Presence Days: 1302
App Sent: Apr 20, 2018
App Recd: Apr 26, 2018
AOR:
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:
Added. Good Luck!!

id: febreze
Physical Presence Days: 1456
App Sent: Apr 10, 2018
App Recd: Apr 13, 2018
AOR:
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

Thanks
Added. Good Luck!!

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Current Indian passport is going to get expired by October 2018. Application delivered on April 19th. Whats the best option , renew it or wait for Citizenship ?

Reactions: new_guy

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Current Indian passport is going to get expired by October 2018. Application delivered on April 19th. Whats the best option , renew it or wait for Citizenship ?
It depends on how much you are willing to chance it. Based on spreadsheets we can see that the percentage of applications being completed under 6 months is still below 50%, so the prudent thing to do would be to renew it. It depends on how much you think you are going to need your passport in the months after October and how expensive/difficult it is to go through the renewal process.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
It depends on how much you are willing to chance it. Based on spreadsheets we can see that the percentage of applications being completed under 6 months is still below 50%, so the prudent thing to do would be to renew it. It depends on how much you think you are going to need your passport in the months after October and how expensive/difficult it is to go through the renewal process.
Do you need a valid passport for surrendering the Indian passport after receiving Canadian passport? If an Indian passport is expiring before getting a Canadian passport, is it mandatory to renew the Indian passport? I am in the same boat and that's why asking, I don't want to renew my Indian passport unless I really have to. Also, I have no travel plans coming up so don't really need a valid passport.

Reactions: macwhitby

upandgoing

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I am going out to post my application. One last quick question. Do i need to tick yes in question 17 c. I am a resident of ontario

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I am going out to post my application. One last quick question. Do i need to tick yes in question 17 c. I am a resident of ontario
I'm in Toronto and I checked No for that question. I doubt I'll ever live in Quebec and I didn't want it to look like I intended to live there by checking yes.

Edit: The application also says this right underneath -

Whether you answer yes or no is completely your choice. Your answer will not affect your citizenship application. Inclusion in the permanent list is not mandatory.