+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Rpl_09

May 23, 2018
Thanks. I knew they say 3 days but was getting worried when the status didn't update to 'Complete'. Thankfully I checked just now and it has changed.

Fingers crossed that you get an oath soon. Is your status 'Decision Made' or still 'In Process'?
Decision made since Dec 13. Thanks bro and congratulations... you’re certified Canadian now...

Reactions: robinhood_1984

Farah85

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

Anyone here is from Ottawa ?
I did my test on October 3, and I passed it. I haven't heard anything since then. It is almost 3 months and half since I did the test. I have been waiting for a long time. Applied April 3.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Decision made since Dec 13. Thanks bro and congratulations... you’re certified Canadian now...
Thanks again. It's good that you're DM, at least it means that everything is alright, they've accepted your application and you're just in line for a ceremony. I know the waiting can be hard, but there is no doubt that you'll get it now.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Hello everyone,

I did my test on October 3, and I passed it. I haven't heard anything since then. It is almost 3 months and half since I did the test. I have been waiting for a long time. Applied April 3.
What does your ecas status show? In Process, or Decision Made?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Thank you for the reply

It is still in process
If it's still In Process after all this time, I'd guess that they're still doing more in depth background checks and are waiting for that, especially if they haven't communicated with you, asking for further information about anything.

On some other threads on this forum, it has been suggested that people from places like Iran and other Middle Eastern countries sometimes face delays and that it could be because IRCC seek to check the applicants background with the authorities of their country of origin and that the authorities in those countries can be very slow.

Sadly, the lack of transparency and communication from IRCC means that we're all blind as to our progress and the only thing we can do is wait. Most are lucky and don't get any real hold ups but there are always quite a few people in each month who seem to wait longer than the rest and the reasons for that wait is guess work at best most of the time.

Fingers crossed that you get DM soon.

Rpl_09

May 23, 2018
Thanks again. It's good that you're DM, at least it means that everything is alright, they've accepted your application and you're just in line for a ceremony. I know the waiting can be hard, but there is no doubt that you'll get it now.
Thank bro. I will keep you guys posted once i get the oath invitation letter. God bless us!

Reactions: robinhood_1984

victorysmile2001

May 9, 2018
Is there any applicant here from Edmonton who took the test last Dec 12, 2018 and still waiting for oath taking ceremony invitation? Thanks guys..
As per spreadsheet, there 10 of us April applicants with Edmonton as local office. 3 have been invited already for oath ceremony in January and February, 3 of you have taken the test interview and still awaiting for Decision Made and 4 of us are still in process since July. I spoke with CIC last week and confirmed that everything is done and just need to wait for the local office's instruction. Hope that helps./

Farah85

Nov 10, 2018
If it's still In Process after all this time, I'd guess that they're still doing more in depth background checks and are waiting for that, especially if they haven't communicated with you, asking for further information about anything.

On some other threads on this forum, it has been suggested that people from places like Iran and other Middle Eastern countries sometimes face delays and that it could be because IRCC seek to check the applicants background with the authorities of their country of origin and that the authorities in those countries can be very slow.

Sadly, the lack of transparency and communication from IRCC means that we're all blind as to our progress and the only thing we can do is wait. Most are lucky and don't get any real hold ups but there are always quite a few people in each month who seem to wait longer than the rest and the reasons for that wait is guess work at best most of the time.

Fingers crossed that you get DM soon.

I am from the Middle East, and the office didn't ask me for any information. Thank you for clearing things up for me. It is just a matter of time. Thank you

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Hello everyone,

I am from Calgary and in the same boat since the test in October. The officer told me that background check is still in process and i have to wait for that

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
I am from Calgary and in the same boat since the test in October. The officer told me that background check is still in process and i have to wait for that
And you status is still 'In Process' ?

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014

shundai79

Sep 12, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-04-2018
Yay, finally! I received my interview notice via email (Surrey, BC)

Here's my updated history:

App Sent: April 16, 2018
App Received: April 23, 2018
AOR: June 26, 2018
In Process: July 24, 2018
Test Invite Letter (email): January 21, 2019
NOTE: hasn't updated on ECAS yet today

Any recommendations or tips for the interview? ...obviously shouldn't forget all the documents they requested, but other than that, what kinds of things do they ask you?

Reactions: Uranus and Libu

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Yay, finally! I received my interview notice via email (Surrey, BC)

Here's my updated history:

App Sent: April 16, 2018
App Received: April 23, 2018
AOR: June 26, 2018
In Process: July 24, 2018
Test Invite Letter (email): January 21, 2019
NOTE: hasn't updated on ECAS yet today

Any recommendations or tips for the interview? ...obviously shouldn't forget all the documents they requested, but other than that, what kinds of things do they ask you?
Our interviewer asked 3 questions. One was do you have any of the prohibitions on these forms?

Then she scrutinized my passport and my wife's against our absence calculator and asked how it was that we had pretty much the exact same amount of trips. I thought being married and taking vacation together would be self explanatory!!

Finally she asked why I went to the States a few times a year. Told her it was for visit and that was fine.

All in all it took about 10 minutes.

That said in the Scarborough office interviews are done in one small room so you can hear a lot of conversations while you wait. I did hear people get asked about language proficiency, how many jobs they had, why stamps didn't match absence calculator, why people failed the test and other stuff.

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
After 14.5 weeks my husband finally got DM!

Admin please add my husbands timeline. I think it would help someone similar to his position since he waited for a long time for decision made.

Application sent March 29, 2018
Application received April 3, 2018
AOR April 25, 2018
Application processed June 25, 2018
Fingerprints Requested July 27, 2018
1st Test September 6, 2018 FAILED
2nd Test October 11, 2018 PASSED
Decision Made January 22, 2018
Oath Invite Not yet
Oath Ceremoney Not yet

Reactions: Libu