+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hi,
AOR 11 April 2018. VO Sydney NS
Eligibility was RR and passed on June 13th 2019. Security and Criminality also passed.
I called CIC on June 17th 2019 and July 19th 2019 and both times the agent told me that I have to wait for a decision regarding my medical : extension or re-do it. I don't know why it is so long for me, I am desperate :(.
You are close! Cheer up.
My case is still waiting in Sydney. I waited 11 months to get an ADR request, security started in this June, then silence again. I can’t believe our security need to take that wrong, but the truth is truth. I’m still thinking it is due to security screening or their laziness...

Reactions: kzeed12

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
You are close! Cheer up.
My case is still waiting in Sydney. I waited 11 months to get an ADR request, security started in this June, then silence again. I can’t believe our security needs to take that wrong, but the truth is the truth. I’m still thinking it is due to security screening or their laziness...
I don't know if this will cheer you up but I wrote to the Minister of Immigration Ahmed Hussen last week, and because I believe our applications are in the same batch, this is the reply :

Thank you for your correspondence of July 23, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding your application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications it receives in the most efficient and effective way.

The [URL='https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html']processing times
listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

Please note that background checks and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants may be required to update their results. In certain cases, immigration officials may extend the validity of medical results.

IRCC records confirm that your application, which was received on April 4, 2018, is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney. IRCC records further confirm that eligibility requirements and background checks are complete, however, your medical examination results have expired.

While I cannot provide you with a timeframe for the completion of the application, please be assured that you will be contacted should an updated medical examination be required, or once a final decision has been reached.

Applicants can check the status of their application by using IRCC’s online services.
Requests for expedited processing of applications are understandable. However, applications are, in general, only expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Applicants should direct any information or documentation in support of such a request to the processing office, or contact IRCC through existing service channels.

Sincerely,
F. Macmillan
Ministerial Enquiries Division[/URL]

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I don't know if this will cheer you up but I wrote to the Minister of Immigration Ahmed Hussen last week, and because I believe our applications are in the same batch, this is the reply :

Thank you for your correspondence of July 23, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding your application for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications it receives in the most efficient and effective way.

The
processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

Please note that background checks and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants may be required to update their results. In certain cases, immigration officials may extend the validity of medical results.

IRCC records confirm that your application, which was received on April 4, 2018, is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney. IRCC records further confirm that eligibility requirements and background checks are complete, however, your medical examination results have expired.

While I cannot provide you with a timeframe for the completion of the application, please be assured that you will be contacted should an updated medical examination be required, or once a final decision has been reached.

Applicants can check the status of their application by using
IRCC’s online services.
Requests for expedited processing of applications are understandable. However, applications are, in general, only expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Applicants should direct any information or documentation in support of such a request to the processing office, or contact IRCC through existing service channels.

Sincerely,
F. Macmillan
Ministerial Enquiries Division

Hey Thank you for the information.....my case is similar to you guys......my application has been 'on hold' with reason 'pending further review' since Nov 2018, even though everything was passed as per GCMS notes. My AOR is May 2018. Used webforms and contacted MP. The replies were -> application waiting for further review/verification. Medicals have expired and have got no remed request or extension. Just waiting.

LaDavid

Oct 15, 2018
Just a quick question for the group. I decided to contact my MP after 15 months. Just wondering for those who contacted their MP how long after did they receive an update from the MP regarding their application?

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Just a quick question for the group. I decided to contact my MP after 15 months. Just wondering for those who contacted their MP how long after did they receive an update from the MP regarding their application?
Usually 5 to 10 business days........but they won't tell anything more than if you call.

Reactions: EE12345

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Very happy to share that we got our PPR this morning!!!
16 months and one day! See you soon, Canada!
Haha...Congratulations....Much deserved and a long wait finally comes to an end...Enjoy and cherish this day!!