+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hi guys, a few weeks back my medicals status went from "you passed the medical exams" to "you do not need medical exams". I just logged into my account and it now says: "July 3, 2019 You passed the medical exam". Could this be some sort of good news?

Reactions: BonjourCA

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hello, April 4th CEC

I just spoke with an Agent and she told me the following:

-Eligibility passed as per the last call on June 10th, 2019
- Security passed probably around the 20th of June ( ghost update ) BGC completed! finally
What is left now it is the medicals which expired on the 24 April 2019.
Is there a pattern or a time frame from the medical expiration and eventually a request to redo them or extension?
What are your experiences about it? how long did you guys wait? 1 month,2,3....? Thanks to everyone in this forum
My medicals went from you passed the medicals to you do not need a medical on the 5th of June. Yesterday on the 2nd of July I got a message in my account asking me to re do the medicals. In the middle of this around the middle of July my eligibility, criminality and security were all passed. I heard some where before that generally it takes between 2-4 weeks for the medical status to update to whether they are extended or asked for re medicals.

Reactions: djangoboy

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hi guys, a few weeks back my medicals status went from "you passed the medical exams" to "you do not need medical exams". I just logged into my account and it now says: "July 3, 2019 You passed the medical exam". Could this be some sort of good news?
It seems like the final/main visa officer looked at your file for the last time and extended your medicals. I believe you should expect the good news by the end of this or the next week at the most.

Reactions: matper18

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
My medicals went from you passed the medicals to you do not need a medical on the 5th of June. Yesterday on the 2nd of July I got a message in my account asking me to re do the medicals. In the middle of this around the middle of July my eligibility, criminality and security were all passed. I heard some where before that generally it takes between 2-4 weeks for the medical status to update to whether they are extended or asked for re medicals.
thanks, we have a very similar timeline. If I am not mistaken my medical also went from passed to not needed on the 6th of June but I haven't received any request to redo them!

BonjourCA

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
thanks, we have a very similar timeline. If I am not mistaken my medical also went from passed to not needed on the 6th of June but I haven't received any request to redo them!
Same here :(

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
I guess medical request or extensions are sent after final review from an Officer.
try to look at the bright side.....we might get lucky and our medical will be extended....300$ saved!!!
No Kidding!! I agree..Just had to shell out around 500 bucks for me and my wife!!!!!!

Nov 29, 2018
I had the same update on 20th June. As per the update from irccc call center today, still reviewing eligibility.

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
This definitely sounds like good news - hopefully they have extended your medicals. Hope you hear good news soon!

Reactions: matper18

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
I managed to get through to CIC yesterday and spoke to a very helpful agent who informed me that everything is now passed - eligibility, security etc. and I should be getting a "request" email very soon, which he said is the last step in the process to finalise my application. He said it could also be a request to redo medicals, but he can't confirm that. He said if I haven't received anything from them in the next month then I must phone back again. I'm just so happy to have some positive feedback at last!

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
I managed to get through to CIC yesterday and spoke to a very helpful agent who informed me that everything is now passed - eligibility, security etc. and I should be getting a "request" email very soon, which he said is the last step in the process to finalise my application. He said it could also be a request to redo medicals, but he can't confirm that. He said if I haven't received anything from them in the next month then I must phone back again. I'm just so happy to have some positive feedback at last!
Congratulations..Its time for you to have a Kitkat..Lol.. Yeah I know what it feels like to wait for months and months without any news...Almost there..Hang tight.

Reactions: Kitcat247

KeyboardName

Jan 27, 2019
Congrats. Please share your timeline.

Linobmw2000

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Still no news my side. Tomorrow will mark 15 months since AOR. According to our agent, who contacted CIC, everything has been cleared and they are just awaiting the last criminality reports. But this makes me very confused as we passed criminality last year already, so I'm assuming it's the security checks that are ongoing. Our medicals expired in March and we've had no news on this. Our file has been sitting in Pretoria VO since March and I got an email response from them last week to say my file is in queue for review, but this is such a generic response that could mean anything. Really don't know what to make of any of it - everything is always so vague. Really hope and pray for some news soon so this limbo can end.
Our application was also moved to Pretoria VO and no word as well.We were requested to upload a ADR which was done on the 13th of May 2019 & then on Wednesday the status changed to Review of documents, N/A. So the wait continues.(AOR 21May 2018)

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
Congrats. Please share your timeline.
Thanks. AOR - April 2018, Meds passed and additional doc request re our marriage certificate in May 2018, then silence for many months till our file was moved to Pretoria in March. Now just the final stretch to the finish line as we wait for everything to finally be finalised.