+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
oh I see. Wow it is rare that your employer has been contacted by CIC, still baffle me!
I'm not too concerned as I had legit reference letters and my manager was able to answer their questions - they just wanted to know what the company did and what I did there. I'm just relieved that there is finally movement on my file as it's been sitting in limbo for almost ten months.

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
Hi All,

Its almost a year now and no information about my PR. I called CIC last month and was told that background and criminal record check is completed. Medical passed since last year June. However, my application has been sent to home office CIC in Ghana.

Today, I called for an update and the agent told me they cannot see any other information since the application has being transferred to Ghana, i asked again about the background and criminal record clearance, she said she couldnt see any information as the office handling the application is no longer in Canada so they cant see any update.

I dont know what to think about this? Is this a good sign?
My file also recently moved to my home country VO and I'm hoping this is a good sign - from what I've researched, and since your background check is complete, it seems to be a good thing and the final step.

draxxemsklounst

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi,

1 year anniversary today... I called CIC yesterday, same information. Eligibility review required, file in a queue waiting for review by an officer...
Eligibility review required since April 26th 2018...
Medical exam expired since March 10th 2019.
File stuck in CIO Sydney NS.

Feeling a bit more depressed every day...

:(

I know the waiting is awful, but you will get it eventually. Hang tough pal.

Reactions: BonjourCA

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hi,

1 year anniversary today... I called CIC yesterday, same information. Eligibility review required, file in a queue waiting for review by an officer...
Eligibility review required since April 26th 2018...
Medical exam expired since March 10th 2019.
File stuck in CIO Sydney NS.

Feeling a bit more depressed every day...

:(
You're not alone, I'm this exact situation right now...

Reactions: BonjourCA

Zain7639

Nov 5, 2018
According to the IMMITRACKER for candidates under RR the magic number is somewhere in between 380 and 390 days.
Specially in cio and almost now ottawa is following these foot steps of cio before ottawa was not crossing 300days even for rr files but now its more than 12 to 13 months

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Specially in cio and almost now ottawa is following these foot steps of cio before ottawa was not crossing 300days even for rr files but now its more than 12 to 13 months
exactly also for workload redistributions files are moved to other CIO like Sydney right now.

Zain7639

Nov 5, 2018
exactly also for workload redistributions files are moved to other CIO like Sydney right now.
It could never be possible with the efforts of all people they did too much campaign on social media abt their problem and them this action was taken by authorites and their files start redistrubute to less busy departments and now we can see some kinda move ment in files and peope start getting ppr mails

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
My medicals expired on Mar 29 and they did not request for re-medicals till now and its not even extended. I called them last week to inquire about medicals and they said I have to wait for them to contact me. Is anyone in a similar situation?

hahaHHH

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Category........
Hitting the 1 year milestone today with AOR April 17, 2018.

Medical expired already and today received a request to re-do the medical within the next 30 days.

Hope it’s the final step !!!

Reactions: SonaCanada

Kitcat247

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
AOR Received.
04-04-2018
My medicals expired on Mar 29 and they did not request for re-medicals till now and its not even extended. I called them last week to inquire about medicals and they said I have to wait for them to contact me. Is anyone in a similar situation?
In the same boat - our medicals expired in March and when I phoned to ask what we must do the agent said to not do anything as they will either request us to do new meds or they will extend it, so just more waiting....