+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Nialll

Jul 20, 2018
Hey all,

Happy to finally write that I received my PPR last night. I logged on yesterday and had what I thought was a ghost update, but when I checked my account, my "Review of additional documents" went from "under review" to "Not applicable." so I didn't think it was a ghost update as something had physically changed, but sure enough last night around 11 pm est the email came through.

My AOR is the 7th of April and I've been sitting in IP2 since the end of April with no updates at all. I ordered my GCMS notes a month ago and received them last Friday so I dunno if that helped speed things up.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for answering my questions along the way and for all around good vibes being sent out. We applied through CEC and all in all, it took 5 months 4 days so hang in there everyone still waiting. It's right around the corner.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey all,

Happy to finally write that I received my PPR last night. I logged on yesterday and had what I thought was a ghost update, but when I checked my account, my "Review of additional documents" went from "under review" to "Not applicable." so I didn't think it was a ghost update as something had physically changed, but sure enough last night around 11 pm est the email came through.

My AOR is the 7th of April and I've been sitting in IP2 since the end of April with no updates at all. I ordered my GCMS notes a month ago and received them last Friday so I dunno if that helped speed things up.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for answering my questions along the way and for all around good vibes being sent out. We applied through CEC and all in all, it took 5 months 4 days so hang in there everyone still waiting. It's right around the corner.
Congrats Niall... I think that ordering GCMS notes, maybe just have been the trigger

Nialll

Jul 20, 2018
Congrats Niall... I think that ordering GCMS notes, maybe just have been the trigger
Who knows, I've heard it can help as they have to reopen the file and if anything is waiting to be looked at, they'll look at it. My notes said that security hadn't started yet so they might have had it and not updated the file or something. Either way, if it helps or not, it's still good to have them ordered to find out anything about the file.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
am in the same boat!! got ghost update on sunday and still no PPR.
hoping for some good news soon #fingerscrossed
Me too....I received a ghost update on August 30 and when I called IRCC about it on September 5 they mentioned my application was approved that day. I have yet to receive any "official" news though.

NW1

Jul 19, 2018
Me too....I received a ghost update on August 30 and when I called IRCC about it on September 5 they mentioned my application was approved that day. I have yet to receive any "official" news though.
I am in a similar situation. I also received a ghost update and was told on aug 27 that my application was approved, however no official email has been received yet.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
I am in a similar situation. I also received a ghost update and was told on aug 27 that my application was approved, however no official email has been received yet.
I'm worried every day that they forgot the email or sent it to the wrong email address. Then again, I've seen up to 18 days between Ghost Update and PPR on this forum.

It's also possible that they submitted information to one of their offices to arrange for a landing interview (I live in Vancouver) but are currently experiencing high volume due to all the study permits for the new academic year?

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I'm worried every day that they forgot the email or sent it to the wrong email address. Then again, I've seen up to 18 days between Ghost Update and PPR on this forum.
Don’t worry buddy. I am cent percent sure your ppr emails are part of today’s batch update. You will definitely receive it in this week. Till that time of start packing your bags and begin your good bye parties. Good luck

Reactions: Vitesze

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Don’t worry buddy. I am cent percent sure your ppr emails are part of today’s batch update. You will definitely receive it in this week. Till that time of start packing your bags and begin your good bye parties. Good luck
I already live in Vancouver though, I won't be packing any bags :p