+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

connect2rsk

Jul 22, 2018
Hi Everyone !
Below is my timeline, i'd like to know if it is normal to get a ghoste update and don't receive PPR even after 18 days ??

AOR :15th April
IP 1 : 21st April
IP2 : 26 July
Ghoste update : 10th August

I called CIC they told me that my application is still in progress ...and should wait up to October or November to expect receiving ppr.

Kindly advise

Many thanks
May be eligibility and Criminality passed. Security might be started/in progress. I got ghost update on 16th August and I called Cic they said eligibility, Criminality passed, but security not started

Reactions: imysns

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi Everyone !
Below is my timeline, i'd like to know if it is normal to get a ghoste update and don't receive PPR even after 18 days ??

I called CIC they told me that my application is still in progress ...and should wait up to October or November to expect receiving ppr.

Kindly advise

Many thanks
Similar here.
AOR : 14 April
Direct IP2 & MEP : 20 April
Ghost update: 21st August.
Called CIC, agent wasnt very helpful. Said Background check is "half done". I am not sure what he meant by "half done". Says eligibility recommend passed.
Hi Everyone !

Kindly advise

Many thanks
Yes completely normal. Ghost update doesn't always mean PPR. I also got ghost update 7 days back, but nothing happened after the ghost update. Called CIC, agent who wasn't very helpful. Said Background check is "half done". I am not sure what he meant by "half done". Says eligibility in progress.

AOR : 14 April
Direct IP2 & MEP : 20 April
Ghost update: 21st August.

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
Hi All,

Got PPR 9th of August, was very busy.

My timeline as below:

AOR - 16 April 18
MEP/ IP1 - 24 April 18
IP2 - 2 August 18
PPR - 9 August 18
Passport sent NDVO - 9 August 18
Got passport back - 27 August 18.

Ordered GCMS notes July 10, interestingly my GCMS notes showed that file is recommended pass on 27th April, then after no background or security started till 10 July, so they just kept file on side I think for the Single applicant and re-start the process after 2.5 months.

Be patient & All the Best to Everyone!! :) :)
Congratulations :)

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
Hi Friends,

I have a query, while making express entry profile I mentioned destination Ontario, Toronto. I got my COPR and on it it's mentioned Toronto Destination and province Ontario.

Now, I have already booked my flight to Montreal as my cousin is there so I changed the destination for first landing, later on I go to Toronto (after some days staying in Montreal).

Can you please help me here ?? -- Is it possible to do landing at the air-port other than mentioned on COPR ?

or I have to change flight and go to Toronto only ??

Please advise.

Thanks
We're doing exactly the same on September 29th. Landing in Montreal and taking the bus to Ottawa after 2 o 3 days. First of all, as far as we're concerned almost all flight itineraries from Tunis to Ottawa land in Montreal first, so even if we'd continued our trip directly to Ottawa we'd still have to deal with immigration formalities in Montreal. Second, as long as you can prove that you intend to settle outside Quebec, it shouldn't be an issue (like airbnb rental confirmatiom outside Quebec). Finally, I've read about a young lady who did exactly the same last year and didn't have any issues with immigration officers. Basically, you just need to stay coherent with the process, if you land in Montreal with nothing showing your intent to settle elsewhere, the immigration officer is definitely not going to be very nice with you.

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
Got PPR today.

My timeline as below:
AOR - 18 April 18
MEP/ IP1 - 18 April 18
PPR - 28 August 18

Never went into IP2 or got any "ghost" updates. Never ordered GCMS notes or called them, just waited patiently.

Background:
Single Applicant
FSW
Indian citizen based in the US
CONGRATS!!! :)

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
Hi Everyone !

Kindly advise

Many thanks
Hi, I received a ghost update on August 10th and later called cic. They informed me that my file has been moved to London for BGC. My criminality and eligibility are cleared. So I guess its normal? Btw ip2 since august 08.

Reactions: imysns

vikas01

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Waiting for PPR

AOR - 21 April
MEP/IP1 -26 April
CEC INLAND
PA + 1 dependent
It’s been more than 4 months now I am still in Ip1 stage, there has been no change and no update in my application. Ordered GCMS notes on 21 August. Called CIC the first time agent said the same standard script wait 6 months we have the same info as you have. Called again last week this time the agent said my eligibility has not been met yet which is really concerning. I am really worried. Is anyone in same boat as me?? Still stuck at IP1 even after 4 months?

Btw the second agent said my file is at cpc Ottawa
Yes, I am with you.. AOR 26 no update after medical pass on 3 May.

vikas01

Star Member
May 23, 2017
In case this helps anyone in the forum

AOR 21 Feb
PPR 3 Aug
Visa 27 Aug (Issued at CPC-Ottawa)
FSW-O-India (VFS Delhi)

No GCMS notes ordered, no ghost updates, 1 ADR (PCC), Meds redone after expiry, no phone calls/emails to CIC, no agents/lawyers used.

Stay calm folks!
Thanks!! This will be a big relief for many like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: kushagra452

SKTUN2018

Jan 5, 2018
We're doing exactly the same on September 29th. Landing in Montreal and taking the bus to Ottawa after 2 o 3 days. First of all, as far as we're concerned almost all flight itineraries from Tunis to Ottawa land in Montreal first, so even if we'd continued our trip directly to Ottawa we'd still have to deal with immigration formalities in Montreal. Second, as long as you can prove that you intend to settle outside Quebec, it shouldn't be an issue (like airbnb rental confirmatiom outside Quebec). Finally, I've read about a young lady who did exactly the same last year and didn't have any issues with immigration officers. Basically, you just need to stay coherent with the process, if you land in Montreal with nothing showing your intent to settle elsewhere, the immigration officer is definitely not going to be very nice with you.
Always appreciated positive replies from experts. wish you good luck for you new journey and all the best inchallah.

Reactions: Toronto2018

vish97

Feb 7, 2018
has anybody's application passed 130 days from AOR and still in ip1, please respond , just trying to see how many of us are in same boat.

thanks