+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

hammam

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Does the reference letter from your employer state that you were paid in cash ?

Incase they haven’t can you approach this previous employer and ask them to provide a amended reference letter which includes a statement that you were paid in cash. Additionally check if they can support you with a payment voucher (back dated)....
If you have these you can include a letter on top from your side stating between this period you were paid in cash here is the company’s supporting document. You are not able provide any bank statement since the payment was not directly debited to your bank account
Unfortunately, my reference letter states my hourly rate and how many hours (30-35 per week)
My previous employer offered to give me a letter stating that I was paid in cash and a table with my monthly salary each month (as it's variable due to my variable working hours)

Is that enough?

Also, can I get an extension to prepare these letters as 7 days are so tight?!

Reactions: roversam

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hey guys! First time commenting here.

FSW-I CRS: 447
ITA: 26-Mar-2018
AOR: 11-Apr-2018 | Visa Office: Centralized Intake Office Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
MEP, IP1: 18
-Apr-2018
IP2: Not sure if in IP2 | PPR: | CoPR:

I was asked for the Schedule A for me and my wife on April 19th. Since then the application has not been updated. Documents are still "being reviewed". Ordered GCMS notes last month, got them this week. Last proper note was created in May, the agent said he "was not satisfied with the information provided regarding my foreign work experience" and that "I lost the CRS score" because of that, requiring it to be reviewed. The two other more recent notes said: "***AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed." and "PReVU Verified (applicant information)".

So, I think that its almost certain that they are going to ask for more information regarding my work experience, but what I don't understand is why they don't just ask for it, instead of leaving me hanging. Pretty much going insane here.

hammam

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Again out of curiosity, you must have shown experience 5 yrs and above right? If problematic experience is about a year ( 10 years ago) why is it critical?
I have two different NOC one as a software developer and the other as a teaching assistant and graduate research assistant. I picked the software developer one as the main NOC since I have a good reference letter matching the requirements. I hardly have 3 years experience in that NOC while the remaining experience belongs to the other NOC.