+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
My employer doesn't issue reference letters. So I had just my letter of employment to use. I guess that didn't satisfy them. I'm not asking what happened? I'm asking what I can do to salvage this? :(

I've entered the pool again, good thing is our scores are still high so fingers crossed for ITA tomorrow. But it's just so much work gathering documents to reapply.
Did your letter of employment had duties listed?
if not than you should ask your employer to write it and issue a new one. if yes try choosing closest NOC to duties, may be you can ask seniors or post your duties here and ask for NOC code and i think it should match the main sentence of NOC code and match with some duties in list
Good luck, my situation is bit same but I have provided LOE from HR itself and from myself, After hearing about you I am bit scared, my current status is recommended pass, did agent told you recommended pass at anypoint?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
So the minimum criteria is a 1 yr job full time or part time continuous
She gets max point for foreign work exp if it is 3 years. For this once has to provide the reference letters with job duties, salary, working hours/week etc...
anything more than 3 yrs is not required to be put in work experience, it goes into personal history/activities....

Reactions: michelletoronto2018
Jun 28, 2018
So the minimum criteria is a 1 yr job full time or part time continuous
She gets max point for foreign work exp if it is 3 years. For this once has to provide the reference letters with job duties, salary, working hours/week etc...
anything more than 3 yrs is not required to be put in work experience, it goes into personal history/activities....
Thanks for your prompt response. She may have got CRS points for her 4 years experience (first job) as a Network Engineer(NE). Later she moved to Software Engineering(SWE) since last 3 years. So she set the NOC in her application to 2173 which is for SWE as exact NE NOC was not applicable to her experience anymore.
She mentioned through our Whatsapp messages that she was confused with 2133(electrical network engineer) and 2147(network engineer – communication hardware) as both seem applicable to her first job but over time and particularly her current job is under 2173 so she chose that as her previous employments(not first or current) were in SWE.
Complex situation with no correct guidance so she took a chance(kind off). I am not sure if this can be an issue with IRCC. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018
My employer doesn't issue reference letters. So I had just my letter of employment to use. I guess that didn't satisfy them. I'm not asking what happened? I'm asking what I can do to salvage this? :(

I've entered the pool again, good thing is our scores are still high so fingers crossed for ITA tomorrow. But it's just so much work gathering documents to reapply.
I can totally understand your frustration after waiting for months to find this out.
Please resubmit the required documentation with correct format, roles, responsibilities, hours, salary etc and with correct NOC. Possibly, get a second opinion on this again from the group members. The letter of refusal may have more details about it(I am just guessing here).
The dream is too to big to stop you from small documentation issues so try again with correct documentation. I hope you get it the next time you apply. Good luck.

Jun 28, 2018
She just sent me the following internship letter which she submitted with her profile. Employer, salary are changed for security.

This letter is to confirm that SHE was employed by XYZ, Inc. from 6/3/2013-12/22/2013. SHE worked full time in the position of
Technical Intern on assignment at XYZ based in ABC, USA. Her salary was $aa.bb per hr. and the current YTD is $xxyygg.yy.
Please feel free to contact us at 800-xxx-yyyy or email us at abc@cdg.com if your office should require further information

Does anyone think that this can be a problem?

The other letters are thorough except the current employment letter which does not have job responsibilities as her employer gives the verification letters to employees only in a specific format which is not compliant with IRCC requirements.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for your prompt response. She may have got CRS points for her 4 years experience (first job) as a Network Engineer(NE). Later she moved to Software Engineering(SWE) since last 3 years. So she set the NOC in her application to 2173 which is for SWE as exact NE NOC was not applicable to her experience anymore.
She mentioned through our Whatsapp messages that she was confused with 2133(electrical network engineer) and 2147(network engineer – communication hardware) as both seem applicable to her first job but over time and particularly her current job is under 2173 so she chose that as her previous employments(not first or current) were in SWE.
Complex situation with no correct guidance so she took a chance(kind off). I am not sure if this can be an issue with IRCC. Any thoughts on this?
The NOC 2133 Electrical Network Engineer is totally different than that of NOC 2147 Network Engineer...

NOC 2133 is applicable if you are in professions such as below or similar, more suitable for candidates deals in Industrial Internet of Things(IIoT):

https://new.abb.com/network-management/
https://www.silverspringnet.com/solutions/metering-devices/

This is more geared towards, Electrical Engineers, Instrumentation & Control (I&C) Engineers

NOC 2147 is applicable to computer engineering and Network Engineers best fit this category. You will find candidates in this NOC dealing within the mainframe systems, local and wide area networks, fibre-optic networks, wireless communication networks, intranets, the Internet and other data communications systems

Hope I was able to confuse even more :D

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Lol guys I asked a question about Medicals, instead I'm getting more questions thrown at me regarding other people's applications. The truth is, at this point I don't consider myself the best person to advice anyone on their application because mine that I thought was great, got refused. Also I wrote earlier that my employer doesn't issue reference letters, and some is asking me to go and get one from my employer :confused:

In any case, can someone please tell me if they know if I can reuse the Medicals I did in April for a new application? Or I have to do new Medicals for another application?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Lol guys I asked a question about Medicals, instead I'm getting more questions thrown at me regarding other people's applications. The truth is, at this point I don't consider myself the best person to advice anyone on their application because mine that I thought was great, got refused. Also I wrote earlier that my employer doesn't issue reference letters, and some is asking me to go and get one from my employer :confused:

In any case, can someone please tell me if they know if I can reuse the Medicals I did in April for a new application? Or I have to do new Medicals for another application?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/second-time-ee-new-medical-exam.514807/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/reusing-medical-for-new-application.505771/

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

So lets talk about your Reference Letter... you said your employer does not issue reference letters...is that documented? i mean an email from your employer that they don't provide a such a doc? That can come in handy if you have one...

So the alternate to Company provided reference letter will be to:

Get a letter from your a senior manager/colleague instead who can vouch for your role, responsibilities and number of hours you are
working, salary etc, mention how is he/she related to you in the organization, and if this person can provide the ID card copy attach it along.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-rejected-due-to-employer-reference-letter-on-company-letter-head.325282/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/self-declaration-employment-reference-letter.485582/

connect2rsk

Jul 22, 2018
AOR - 18th Apr 2018 (FSW - Single)
MEP/IP2 - 26th Apr 2018
No further updates till date
GCMS ordered - 28th June 2018

Today, I called CIC regarding my application status. They said "Eligibility recommended pass, BGC in progress and Visa office Ottawa".

Anyone with similar timelines ??

balwinder_kaur

Star Member
May 2, 2018
MEP/IP2 - 26th Apr 2018

Today, I called CIC regarding my application status. They said "Eligibility recommended pass, BGC in progress and Visa office Ottawa".

My AOR is 19th April and no updates except medical passed..

egemens

Feb 7, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
14-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-04-2018
Med's Done....
24-04-2018
MEP/IP2 - 26th Apr 2018

My AOR is just a day before yours. You can check the details on my signature. Medical passed, eligibility recommend pass, and not much else.

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016

why does this sound fishy? I mean people are trying to help you yet it fills like you don't need their help. In the fact, it fills like you anticipated that it might get rejected, I mean you are not ready to talk about a reference letter which is the main thing for file, again it is just one man's opinion. :(