Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
When you will get that golden Mail all confusions will be gone automatically.

Reactions: bimale4bipeople

romacoco

Mar 12, 2018
I landed at Etobicoke today. I am writing to share my experience with you.
I applied under EE - CEC inland, no dependants, and single.
I was so nervous since Etobicoke office contacted me via email to attend an interview to finalize my PR.
In my case, the process of PPR and CoPR was missing, so I was worried about the interview.

Anyway, CIC sent me an interview request letter. They told me to bring the passport, 2 photos, SIN number, and the receipt of the landing fee ($490).
I also brought a hydro bill in case they want the documents which proves my address.

My interview was arranged at 10:00 a.m. and I arrived 30 min. earlier.
I showed my interview request letter to the front desk, and they gave me a number, and I waited to be called.
This is first come first served system, so I recommend you to arrive earlier.
After about an hour, my number was on the sign, so I went to the window and had an interview. (There are about 10 windows)

The immigration officer was very kind and treated me respectfully with smile.
She let me ease my nerves. She asked my passport, 2 photos and the interview letter, so I submitted.
She first asked if my address is xxx, I said no (maybe that was my immigration consultant's office address) she asked my address so I showed her my hydro bill.
She then asked if you would like to get PR card to your address, so I said yes.
Since the first question was asking my address to get a PR card, I was excited!
Then she also asked basic questions, first date come to Canada, last date enter Canada, are you working,
are you single, do you have any children, have you convicted of any crime, have you been refused to enter in Canada, or required to leave Canada.

I said all no to these questions and she asked me to Initial and sign on the 2 identical copies of CoPRs. She put my photo on one of the CoPRs and gave me the other copy of CoPR saying Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada. I was so touched at that moment. :) Then she explained me how to get a new SIN number and let Service Ontario know that my status has been changed (This is due to the health card). I said thank you and left.

There are 2 booths on the office to get a new SIN number. You can fill out the form that the immigration officer gave you and wait until they call your name. It took about 20 min. to get a new SIN number.

Even though I was so nervous since this "interview" process was not familiar, but I believe this is much better than going to the border. You can get your PR and new SIN number on the same day, and no need to drive that far!

FYI, I write my timeline below. I hope everyone would get PR without any issues and very very soon! :)
This forum was so helpful whenever I need some information and whenever I feel anxious. We are all companies aiming for the same goal. :)

EE - CEC Inland
Invitation: April 11, 2018
AOR: April 29, 2018
MEP: May 6, 2018
IP2: Not accurate but some time around medical pass.
Interview Request: July 3, 2018
Landing: July 9, 2018
This is wonderful. Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: wannabepr9090

Ajay Abraham

Star Member
Mar 4, 2018
Hello All,

I called CIC today and they said that there are two level of background checks. First one is completed and second one has not started yet by visa officer. What does that mean? In auto message, it say background check in progress which should be ip2. My file is in CIO , Sydney still..any implications?