Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

FSW-O
AOR: April 26
Medical: May 3

BG not yet started

No status change since May 3

Total applicants: 3

Just called cic. Agent said my application is being processed at Ottawa, eligibility check is being done

Can anyone help me with some inputs(timelines) based on the recent trends? Thanks in advance
You look at the post of BillHyatt: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/
It describes the various sub stages of he eligibility. To summarize it varies from application to application wrt to the points you are claiming for and the relevant documents you are providing.

My experience is as follows I would have called up CIC around the second week of May. They mentioned my BGC is ongoing and the and eligibility has not started.
I called them end of last week, they said eligibility is done and recommended passed.

Cecapplicant17

Oct 15, 2017
Hey I'm CEC, An Aussie living in Canada. AOR Was April 19th, Meds passed/IP1 April 26th and then heard nothing else until the email.
Congratulations! I have a question, when you got the PPR email, did your online application status change? Did you receive any email update on your application?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Congratulations! I have a question, when you got the PPR email, did your online application status change? Did you receive any email update on your application?
Status changes when your passports are stamped and Confirmation of PR(CoPR) is provided. Search threads on this forum, you will get additional details

Singah

May 31, 2018
You look at the post of BillHyatt: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/
It describes the various sub stages of he eligibility. To summarize it varies from application to application wrt to the points you are claiming for and the relevant documents you are providing.

My experience is as follows I would have called up CIC around the second week of May. They mentioned my BGC is ongoing and the and eligibility has not started.
I called them end of last week, they said eligibility is done and recommended passed.
Thanks a lot for the link. Very useful. Any common reasons why eligibility check takes time? Just curious to know

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks a lot for the link. Very useful. Any common reasons why eligibility check takes time? Just curious to know
Just my guess, e.g.

- if you are claiming points for Arranged Employment/Job Offer, and/ or Canadian work experience they may wanna inquire about it with your employer,
-if you are claiming points for siblings in Canada, they may inquire
-docs that you may have submitted with your applications e.g. ECA/IELTS etc. they may want to authenticate it with respective organizations.
-Proof of funds, etc.
there maybe other reasons as well which we may not be aware of at all.

scenarios like these take time and in unfortunate circumstances applications gets rejected as well: https://myimmitracker.com/ca/trackers/march-2018-aor-permanent-residency-tracker/cases/case-41774 . His applications gets rejected after 40+ days
(sorry don't want to scare you, that's not my intent)

Last edited:

sahil1515

Nov 6, 2017
Hello all,
I recieved my aor on march 17, 2018.
My status shows medical passed, do not need additional documents, do not need fingerprints or interview.
We are reviewing your eligibility and background check has not started yet. Its almost been 2.5 months now.
Can anybody tell me what stage i am in, is it normal?
Thanks for any help.

Hsingh13

May 31, 2018

Hi ..
can u help me how can i contact ircc and know status of my application
From outside canada
Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi ..
can u help me how can i contact ircc and know status of my application
From outside canada
Thanks
Hi, you can follow the post of Emmemm07: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-82
and also refer this post about what time you should call them and what options to select: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/april-2018-aor-join-here.552109/page-84
keep the application#/UCI# handy. they may ask you some additional verification questions(DoB etc.)

All times are Canadian local time(Eastern Side) between Mon-Fri(except public holidays)

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmemm07

SS@2018

May 31, 2018
Hello all,
I recieved my aor on march 17, 2018.
My status shows medical passed, do not need additional documents, do not need fingerprints or interview.
We are reviewing your eligibility and background check has not started yet. Its almost been 2.5 months now.
Can anybody tell me what stage i am in, is it normal?
Thanks for any help.
A lot of people in this window have the same status so dont think there is anything to worry about.

Michael26

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
A lot of people in this window have the same status so dont think there is anything to worry about.
I am not adding any value to this thread except the same dumb question. But I still have it as a question

I have passed my medicals and the current status is like below

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Am I in IP1?

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
I am not adding any value to this thread except the same dumb question. But I still have it as a question

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Am I in IP1?

Yes, it's IP1 based on the wordings.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

Am I in IP1?

Hey Michael, you are contributing to the forum by sharing your queries... Others get a chance to read what goes about in various applications...
No questions are dumb tbh. We all are learning as we try to understand the process better...

So please feel free to ask questions and don't ever think for a moment that these questions are dumb, because the next person who comes after you applying in the PR process will be able to learn something from your questions and your post.

honeyk3g

Aug 10, 2017
Hi
Today I called CIC and luckily able to speak to agent, My application is still under eligibility review and BGC hadn't started yet.
AOR : 24 April'18
Visa office : ottawa
Medical passed : 1 May 2018

any thoughts on average time after eligibility checked.
thanks
Honey