+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
I called Ircc guys 6-7 times today. Each time my call was dropped because the recording said that the call volume is very high and hence the call can’t be connected to an agent. :rolleyes:
Talk about Monday madness!

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Nice one man......Question: Why is your wife going through this EE route? Couldn't you sponsor yourself since you already have PR? Or is the sponsorship process the same?
Long story. I did not have concrete plans to move to Canada and just wanted to give it a try. So I did not include her in my EE as accompanying (was included as non-accompanying dependent. Once I got my PR iI was immediately able to travel to Canada through an internal transfer from my existing employer. Sponsorship takes too long (1 year Vs 6 months or less for EE. My EE took 8 months though) so went the EE way for my spouse as well hoping for a speedy PPR.

Reactions: keebs and Rijo02

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
PNP-SINP
Resident of India

AOR-12th April, 2018
IP1/MEP-20th April, 2018
IP2-1st May, 2018

On 25th May 2018, I called CIC twice, in 3-4 hours of span ( I had to disconnect the first call, due to a meeting, so called again after 3-4 hours). I got to know different information regarding my application, as mentioned below,

1st Call: Agent said my file is at Syndney. (Due to shortage of time, I was not able to ask further)

2nd Call: Agent said, File is at Ottawa. Eligibility check is completed. Background check from Canada point of view completed (Background check from LVO will be done accordingly). Your application and all the process are good and within timeline. Its just matter of days to complete the whole process.

My queries,
1. Two different locations for my file, which is not possible but has anyone experienced such case?
2. As per second call, what can one define? Approx when the file will be transferred to LVO? Probably my file will be transferred to NDVO, so how many months it takes to send PPR request?

Thanks in advance.
May I know the number that you called for status?

theontarioguy

May 4, 2018
Hi,

FD is a valid proof of fund and should be accepted. I too got a refusal letter (March 2017 Aor. Got refusal on Nov 9th 2017 and PPR on Nov 16 2017. I'm in Canada now. I'm on this thread as my Wife's AoR is April 2018). I had submitted a combination of FD, PF and Savings Account. FD was 50% of total PoF requirement. I sent an email to CIC explaining that even though the FD matures at a future date, one can prematurely withdraw the FD. I took screenshots from the Bank's statement in its official website. I sent an email to CPC Ottawa and also explained the same through webform. I got my PPR within a week after the refusal.

Good that you got a procedural fairness letter instead of a straight refusal like I did. You can try what I did. May be you could also consider liquidating the FD and keeping it in your savings account ( I did not do this though. I just sent the screenshots from bank website that shows a 1% penalty for pre-mature liquidation and deducted this 1% from my PoF and explained that my total funds still meets the PoF requirements of CIC) and explaining that you prematurely withdrew your FD and deposited to your SB account and send an updated Bank statement along with all the explanation. All the best!
Hi,
I also gave FD as proof of fund, having maturity on Nov 2018. But I also made my bank write on a letter head, that these funds are free of any debts and can be liquidated at any time. Will that be okay?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hey guys got PPR...forgot to update...so posting now....

ITA : Feb 7
AOR : April 10
IP1 : April 17
IP2 and PPR : May 23

FSW-O INDIA....

PNP- Ontario
Residence: USA
ITA: 14 March 2018
Medicals Done: 05 April 2018
eAPR & AoR: 07 April 2018
Medicals Passed: 14 April 2018
IP1: 14 April 2018
IP2: 26 April 2018
PPR: 25 May 2018
Congrats!!

Reactions: write2rtd
Apr 10, 2018
My Aor is 4 th april and medical cleared on 13 th april. After this there is no change. Is anybody else having same timeline got any update for ppr.

eveline007

May 16, 2018
My Aor is 4 th april and medical cleared on 13 th april. After this there is no change. Is anybody else having same timeline got any update for ppr.
My timelines are very similar to yours except that my AOR is 5 th April...last update was on 13th (Medicals passes) and no update since then..I was wondering if calling CIC would give me some sort of clarity regarding the current state of the application?

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My timelines are very similar to yours except that my AOR is 5 th April...last update was on 13th (Medicals passes) and no update since then..I was wondering if calling CIC would give me some sort of clarity regarding the current state of the application?
There is March 29 inland CEC got ppr today. We will soon get ppr

Vicky__123

Jun 29, 2017
PNP-SINP
Resident of India

AOR-12th April, 2018
IP1/MEP-20th April, 2018
IP2-1st May, 2018

On 25th May 2018, I called CIC twice, in 3-4 hours of span ( I had to disconnect the first call, due to a meeting, so called again after 3-4 hours). I got to know different information regarding my application, as mentioned below,

1st Call: Agent said my file is at Syndney. (Due to shortage of time, I was not able to ask further)

2nd Call: Agent said, File is at Ottawa. Eligibility check is completed. Background check from Canada point of view completed (Background check from LVO will be done accordingly). Your application and all the process are good and within timeline. Its just matter of days to complete the whole process.

My queries,
1. Two different locations for my file, which is not possible but has anyone experienced such case?
2. As per second call, what can one define? Approx when the file will be transferred to LVO? Probably my file will be transferred to NDVO, so how many months it takes to send PPR request?

Thanks in advance.
Awaiting for any response.

tilakrajg

Jan 16, 2018
Hi,

FD is a valid proof of fund and should be accepted. I too got a refusal letter (March 2017 Aor. Got refusal on Nov 9th 2017 and PPR on Nov 16 2017. I'm in Canada now. I'm on this thread as my Wife's AoR is April 2018). I had submitted a combination of FD, PF and Savings Account. FD was 50% of total PoF requirement. I sent an email to CIC explaining that even though the FD matures at a future date, one can prematurely withdraw the FD. I took screenshots from the Bank's statement in its official website. I sent an email to CPC Ottawa and also explained the same through webform. I got my PPR within a week after the refusal.

Good that you got a procedural fairness letter instead of a straight refusal like I did. You can try what I did. May be you could also consider liquidating the FD and keeping it in your savings account ( I did not do this though. I just sent the screenshots from bank website that shows a 1% penalty for pre-mature liquidation and deducted this 1% from my PoF and explained that my total funds still meets the PoF requirements of CIC) and explaining that you prematurely withdrew your FD and deposited to your SB account and send an updated Bank statement along with all the explanation. All the best!

Thanks for the response.
Also thanks to canadalife1234, DJSHO and Rijo02 for the response.

It is really encouraging. Even my preference is to not liquidate the FD. Especially considering my money management skills, I feel FD is safer options. Maybe, I will go to the bank and get a letter about easy liquidation.

allychang0423

Apr 3, 2018
2018.3.14 ITA
2018.4.1 AOR
2018.4.10 MEP
2018.4.24 IP2
FSW-outland, resident China, 1 dependent

stuck at background checking for 35 days now
but someone said normally it only takes 7-20 days to conduct background checking,so do I need to worry my case?

if someone know, PLEASE help~

trungnh91

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
2018.3.14 ITA
2018.4.1 AOR
2018.4.10 MEP
2018.4.24 IP2
FSW-outland, resident China, 1 dependent

stuck at background checking for 35 days now
but someone said normally it only takes 7-20 days to conduct background checking,so do I need to worry my case?

if someone know, PLEASE help~
No need to worry buddy. Some stuck there for more than a month, right @canadalife1234 ? Be patient and remember to let us know when you got that golden mail.