+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

ajeet.ims

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Canada
Ajeet, my application is being processed at Calgary... I am a Ontario resident. Check my post on earlier pages about the RCMP request and then other letter saying you don't need one... When I spoke with IRCC today, she also mentioned that it is being processed @calgary CIC. It think its related to workload distribution.
Once they complete all the necessary checks, and document it for the final review stage, approval will be done centrally (at least my understanding).
Hey, great..and congratulations on your progress..
The agent I spoke to also said the same workload distribution thing..I searched on this forum and found only citizenship related threads having their application at Calgary. It seems they might have recently started PR processing at Calgary to handle the load. Hope to see some good progress on my application as well..Good luck!

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey, great..and congratulations on your progress..
The agent I spoke to also said the same workload distribution thing..I searched on this forum and found only citizenship related threads having their application at Calgary. It seems they might have recently started PR processing at Calgary to handle the load. Hope to see some good progress on my application as well..Good luck!
Wish you and eveybody here all the luck not only for PR, but for a better life and even better opportunities....

Amen!!!

Reactions: riadh87

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Why are people arguing so damn much in this thread? Seriously y'all I know that it's stressful and we're all under a lot of pressure and it's hard to see other people get PPR or progress or whatever when your file isn't moving. This whole situation for all of us is unnatural and unsettling... but we need to support each other and be nice to one another and stop attacking people for the way they're going about things.

Let's all try to be a little bit more Canadian, eh?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Why are people arguing so damn much in this thread? Seriously y'all I know that it's stressful and we're all under a lot of pressure and it's hard to see other people get PPR or progress or whatever when your file isn't moving. This whole situation for all of us is unnatural and unsettling... but we need to support each other and be nice to one another and stop attacking people for the way they're going about things.

Let's all try to be a little bit more Canadian, eh?
Nice quote mate, I thoroughly agree with you.
I am learning to speak the Canadian way eh :)

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Not able to join the whatsapp Group. It says, full. Any new group or alternative for April 2018 AOR?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I applied for the work permit. TWO ghost updates on it so far (wtf?!?)
I thought waiting for one application was hard but waiting for two, I'm going to drive myself crazy :p
Ghost update may mean application is crossing some milestones eh.
I remember my WP application, 2 years ago... applied end of Aug and received WP mid of Jan(back then normal processing time was 39 weeks)

Emmemm07

Jan 24, 2018
April'18 AOR-ites...

Just finished talking to a helpful IRCC agent. She mentioned that my Eligibility check is done and passed.
I also inquired about the RCMP letter that my lawyer received yesterday, she confirmed it, that it is cancelled and no need for the certificate as such.

Now they are doing the security clearance, post which the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage.
Good news is around the corner!!

Reactions: bimale4bipeople

honeyk3g

Aug 10, 2017
April'18 AOR-ites...

Just finished talking to a helpful IRCC agent. She mentioned that my Eligibility check is done and passed.
I also inquired about the RCMP letter that my lawyer received yesterday, she confirmed it, that it is cancelled and no need for the certificate as such.

Now they are doing the security clearance, post which the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage.
Hopefully...you will get PPR soon....
Can you share the status of your application showing on CIC website....
Thanks
Honey

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hopefully...you will get PPR soon....
Can you share the status of your application showing on CIC website....
Thanks
Honey
Hey Honey(didn’t really meant that way :p), HYG
https://ibb.co/nnXRT8
As you see there is no change as per this screen shot, this was the same in early April as well.

(at least this is what I have understood from the forum)
Once they complete all the necessary checks, and document it for the final review stage, approval will be done centrally and send out the PPR request.

Once the PP is stamped it’s the CoPR stage which will trigger the system that the process is done.

There are some additional steps to validate the CoPR atleast for inland applicants. It may or may not apply for everybody in general

Last edited: