+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi guys! I just enquired about my application status by calling IRCC. The agent informed me that criminality check has been passed, eligibility check is still in progress and security check is yet to be started. Does anyone has idea on how much more waiting time to expect before they review my application completely?

My AOR is Apr 21, 2018. Thanks in advance!
nope, nobody can tell you. all estimates will be ballpark.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
All, I have couple of questions.

1. The ghost mail is getting an email from CIC that there is a update to the application but when you check you are account there wont be any - correct? Also, this can be during any stage correct? After Med passed stage, I got email about update and I didn't see any updates in my account after a day or two I moved to IP2 stage. Should I be expecting something similar for PPR email?

2. Lot of ppl in the group were saying check your spam folder for PPR email. If someone miss their PPR email, they can still see the update in their cic account - correct? Is the email serves more just a notification?

Thank you!
1. you are right about the second bit, but you mostly won't get an email.
2. Nope. If you miss your PPR email, they will send it to you again once you reach out to them. You see updates in your myCIC account only after CoPR (passport stamping + CoPR letter). It doesn't necessarily go to your spam account - mine was waiting in my inbox, all shiny and happy.

Reactions: Toronto2018

Cinnnnndy

Aug 10, 2018
Here is some info I have inferred/gathered about ghost updates from work permit, visa extension, express entry and PR applications.
  • Ghost updates happen when your profile is updated by an agent or the system but the update is too granular to represent the status of a step visible in your online application.
  • For instance, background check involves 2 steps - criminality and security.
  • If the status of your criminality check changes - passed, declined etc but the status of your security check did not, the overall status of background check is still not available. Thus you will see that the status of the profile shows updated but no visible change is there in the details since criminality and security are not displayed separately.
  • With respect to the status on the summary page showing updated but then opening again showing submitted, I think that the IRCC system tracks whether the user opened the page at least one after a profile update. If it has not been visited and the application was updated (say in case of ghost update), the summary page shows updated as status. If after that one opens the application, since it has been visited, the system changes to the actual status of the application usually submitted.
  • I have noticed that if the application status of the summary page is updated but not visited, an email is sent out to the registered email address at around 8pm EST. Furthermore, I have seen that till the application is visited, emails are sent as reminders everyday at the same time 8pm. Technical note: to me this seems like a simple scheduled nightly batch job that checks for application status change and sends out emails to registered addresses.
  • So, if you have an update on your application which is too granular to be shown on the details page, and you did not visit the online site to open it by 8pm, you would receive an email saying there has been activity on your application. However on visiting the details page you will not see any change and the status on summary page would change to Submitted.
  • About receiving 1 or 2 ghost updates before a final decision - I think that if the background check as a whole (both steps) completed on the same day, only one ghost update is received. If however the 2 steps happen on 2 different days you get 2 updates.
  • Talking with IRCC CSRs I understand that even after background check is complete, an agent needs to review the entire application for overall eligibility(including background check). That is the eligibility needs to be changed from recommended pass to passed. It is the time an agent takes after the conclusion of background check to assess final eligibility that determines the time it took to get a PPR or decline notification after the last ghost update. I still question this analysis though since I have read that people got eligibility pass even before bg check pass.
  • Also, I am not aware whether inland applications are processed outside Canada - I doubt it since I have never seen an update after 5pm EST. Thus, to maintain sanity, I do not check application past 5pm on weekdays and never on weekends.
  • A lot of what I have said is inferred and based on my experience with online and large processing systems so take it with a grain of salt.
AOR: April 27
MEP: May 3
IP2: May 7
Ghost update: Aug 3
PPR: Still waiting

Thank you for sharing all those thought. I have exactly same timeline, and also received a ghost update on Aug 3rd. Seems all application submitted from April 25 to April 30th are extremely slow. Have you passed your Background check yet?

Reactions: vikas01

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Here is some info I have inferred/gathered about ghost updates from work permit, visa extension, express entry and PR applications.
  • Ghost updates happen when your profile is updated by an agent or the system but the update is too granular to represent the status of a step visible in your online application.
  • For instance, background check involves 2 steps - criminality and security.
  • If the status of your criminality check changes - passed, declined etc but the status of your security check did not, the overall status of background check is still not available. Thus you will see that the status of the profile shows updated but no visible change is there in the details since criminality and security are not displayed separately.
  • With respect to the status on the summary page showing updated but then opening again showing submitted, I think that the IRCC system tracks whether the user opened the page at least one after a profile update. If it has not been visited and the application was updated (say in case of ghost update), the summary page shows updated as status. If after that one opens the application, since it has been visited, the system changes to the actual status of the application usually submitted.
  • I have noticed that if the application status of the summary page is updated but not visited, an email is sent out to the registered email address at around 8pm EST. Furthermore, I have seen that till the application is visited, emails are sent as reminders everyday at the same time 8pm. Technical note: to me this seems like a simple scheduled nightly batch job that checks for application status change and sends out emails to registered addresses.
  • So, if you have an update on your application which is too granular to be shown on the details page, and you did not visit the online site to open it by 8pm, you would receive an email saying there has been activity on your application. However on visiting the details page you will not see any change and the status on summary page would change to Submitted.
  • About receiving 1 or 2 ghost updates before a final decision - I think that if the background check as a whole (both steps) completed on the same day, only one ghost update is received. If however the 2 steps happen on 2 different days you get 2 updates.
  • Talking with IRCC CSRs I understand that even after background check is complete, an agent needs to review the entire application for overall eligibility(including background check). That is the eligibility needs to be changed from recommended pass to passed. It is the time an agent takes after the conclusion of background check to assess final eligibility that determines the time it took to get a PPR or decline notification after the last ghost update. I still question this analysis though since I have read that people got eligibility pass even before bg check pass.
  • Also, I am not aware whether inland applications are processed outside Canada - I doubt it since I have never seen an update after 5pm EST. Thus, to maintain sanity, I do not check application past 5pm on weekdays and never on weekends.
  • A lot of what I have said is inferred and based on my experience with online and large processing systems so take it with a grain of salt.
AOR: April 27
MEP: May 3
IP2: May 7
Ghost update: Aug 3
PPR: Still waiting
someone give this applicant his/her PPR already!

Reactions: ishq74

Ridge

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
He

Hey @Ridge when did you get a ghost update exactly ? Reason is I got a ghost update as well
Aor - 19th April
IP2 - July 27th
Ghost update - August 10th(today)
About 12 hours ago. The next time I checked 7 hours ago this update disappeared.

anisweldon

May 21, 2018
G
About 12 hours ago. The next time I checked 7 hours ago this update disappeared.
Great I also received the update at the same time and it disappeared soon after you check your application and come back to the summary page!! Let's hope we get an email soon :) keep me posted

Reactions: Ridge

Ridge

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
G

Great I also received the update at the same time and it disappeared soon after you check your application and come back to the summary page!! Let's hope we get an email soon :) keep me posted
I will, mate! Good luck for both of us! :cool:

nadrojnam

Apr 27, 2018
Hello Folks,

I just thought I would let you know how my landing interview went, for those who will be doing the same.

Initially my interview was scheduled with IRCC Etobicoke. I am living in Northwestern Ontario, which would have meant a 4 hour drive to the airport, a flight to Toronto, and a motel stay. I requested my interview be transferred to IRCC Winnipeg. After a few calls to the call centre I was reassured that missing the Etobicoke interview would not have any negative consequences as long as I have submitted a transfer request. Two weeks after the initial interview appointment, I received an email notifying me of an interview in Winnipeg.

I was instructed to bring my passport, any immigrations documents I currently hold (work permit, study permit, ect.), two passport photos, and the proof of payment for the RPRF.

The interview took approximately 15 minutes. The agent looked at my passport to make sure it was valid. She removed my work permit and stamped my passport. She updated the GCMS notes with the last time my passport was stamped upon entering Canada. I was then asked three questions.
Have you ever been asked to leave Canada? Have you been convicted of a criminal offense? Do you have any children?

Upon answering the questions I signed two copies of the COPR form. One was given to me, the other she attached the photos and kept. She then congratulated me and the interview was finished.

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Hello Folks,

I just thought I would let you know how my landing interview went, for those who will be doing the same.

Initially my interview was scheduled with IRCC Etobicoke. I am living in Northwestern Ontario, which would have meant a 4 hour drive to the airport, a flight to Toronto, and a motel stay. I requested my interview be transferred to IRCC Winnipeg. After a few calls to the call centre I was reassured that missing the Etobicoke interview would not have any negative consequences as long as I have submitted a transfer request. Two weeks after the initial interview appointment, I received an email notifying me of an interview in Winnipeg.

I was instructed to bring my passport, any immigrations documents I currently hold (work permit, study permit, ect.), two passport photos, and the proof of payment for the RPRF.

The interview took approximately 15 minutes. The agent looked at my passport to make sure it was valid. She removed my work permit and stamped my passport. She updated the GCMS notes with the last time my passport was stamped upon entering Canada. I was then asked three questions.
Have you ever been asked to leave Canada? Have you been convicted of a criminal offense? Do you have any children?

Upon answering the questions I signed two copies of the COPR form. One was given to me, the other she attached the photos and kept. She then congratulated me and the interview was finished.
Congratulations..how did you made a request to change interview location? If by email, what's the email address?

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
I am sorry for I had been away for 2 weeks.

Purely by the Grace of God, extreme support from my friends and with the immense help this forum provided, I received PPR on 28th July 2018

Below is my timeline:

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa
Nationality: Indian
Stream: FSW-O (Single applicant)

AOR: 14th April 2018, Both the fees paid upfront
Medicals Passed (IP1): 21st April 2018
GCMS notes ordered: 28th June 2018
Called IRCC: 2 times

GCMS notes received: 24th July 2018, 4:31 PM IST (GCMS notes generation date: 29th June 2018)

Account update e-mail received: 25th July 2018, 4:23 AM IST (Application profile/updated)
IP2: 25th July 2018 (Approx: 12 hours difference between receiving GCMS notes and IP2, cannot deny the role of GCMS notes)
ADR received: 25th July 2018 [IMM 5406(addtl family info) and IMM5562(travel history: I have no travel history)]
ADR submitted: 25th July 2018

Review of additional documents: Not applicable: 27th July 2018 (Application profile/updated)
PPR: 28th July 2018, 5:44 AM IST

myimmitracker has been updated

I heartily wish all the April AORs speedy PPRs
As said by @Toronto2018, keep the faith

This forum has been very helpful with so much knowledge and information sharing. Thanks a lot everyone.

nadrojnam

Apr 27, 2018
Congratulations..how did you made a request to change interview location? If by email, what's the email address?
There was instructions in the email stating "if you reside in Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, or Thunder Bay, please advise our office by return email so that your appointment can be rescheduled in your area". I simply sent a return email requesting the change. A few days later I received a phone call following up on my request.

Reactions: tanush14

Anu1117

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
I just finished the call with a nice lady agent at IRCC. Eligibility not confirmed passed and background check not started. AOR April 25
AOR April 25th here too.. Nothing is moving in my profile as well . Waiting for my GCMS notes to get some info.