+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Just got a devastating news.......My friends PR application was refused.
AOR: March 23.
Reason for refusal: Did not satisfy officer that she met the requirement under Subsection 75(2) paragraph b.

Its really confusing as her employment letter matched with the lead statement in the NOC (4011) she applied for. And its completely unbelievable that she was denied for such reason as she was told by a CIC agent (when she called) that she already passed her Eligibility.

Please anybody with information on how she can proceed should please let me know.

Cheers!!

Arod

May 15, 2017
Reason for refusal: Did not satisfy officer that she met the requirement under Subsection 75(2) paragraph b.

Its really confusing as her employment letter matched with the lead statement in the NOC (4011) she applied for. And its completely unbelievable that she was denied for such reason as she was told by a CIC agent (when she called) that she already passed her Eligibility.

Please anybody with information on how she can proceed should please let me know.

Cheers!!
That is shocking news, especially 3.5 months after AOR. You mentioned that her letter matched with the lead statement, but what about the job duties? I've read here that it is recommended that the letter matches at least 60% of the NOC duties to which someone is applying.

Hopefully someone else here can help you.

psjosephcedric

Jun 28, 2018

Cheers!!
Can't she reapply with a better job description letter ?

Reactions: Rijo02

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016

Cheers!!
Which category??

Jul 26, 2017

Cheers!!
Quebec?

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Which category??

Cheers!!
She might be college teacher but the lead statement says that university professors who are heads of departments are included in this unit group. I say reapply using a better NOC code or change some duties sentence. Good luck to her!

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply. So I've just had the one update. Hopefully I will get the second and the ppr soon.
Doesn't have to be. I had one ghost update on the day of IP2 and next was the PPR email. So brace yourself for the ultimate update in your inbox! ;)

Reactions: jonnie_RC

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is shocking news, especially 3.5 months after AOR. You mentioned that her letter matched with the lead statement, but what about the job duties? I've read here that it is recommended that the letter matches at least 60% of the NOC duties to which someone is applying.

Better to have 70% plus. Just the letter matching lead statement is never enough. My application got refused in 2014 and back then I didn't include job duties and responsibilities with the letter. Hence this time, I ensured my jobs duties matched almost 80%.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Cheers!!
Sorry to hear about the news. I reckon the best thing to do is to get back in the pool with a comprehensive employment letter that matches jobs and duties close to 80%. It is not the end for sure as this is the reason for high refusal second only to PCC. Just because the agent told her eligibility has passed doesn't mean the second officer may had passed it too. I reckon the information had not been shared or worst, the LVO may had checked the Eligibility once again in the end. Like I said, its not the end, just ask your friend to get back in the pool and get ready with the revised employment letter and a comprehensive LoE and it will be fine. Good luck.

Reactions: Rijo02

johnny1234

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Sorry to hear about the news. I reckon the best thing to do is to get back in the pool with a comprehensive employment letter that matches jobs and duties close to 80%. It is not the end for sure as this is the reason for high refusal second only to PCC. Just because the agent told her eligibility has passed doesn't mean the second officer may had passed it too. I reckon the information had not been shared or worst, the LVO may had checked the Eligibility once again in the end. Like I said, its not the end, just ask your friend to get back in the pool and get ready with the revised employment letter and a comprehensive LoE and it will be fine. Good luck.
Best to reapply again she can still make it this year

Rijo02

May 2, 2018

Her job duties corroborated with what was written on the NOC job duties. It matched up to 80%.