+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

samia68

Jul 16, 2017
we forgot to as well, and we forgot to put my name under spouse on additional family form and our application was returned. When did you apply?
my application was received just yesterday Aug 28th so I'm hoping they don't return. only thing i can do now is wait :( When did you apply?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Are you sure it's from London and not Mississauga saying that the application has been forwarded to London? I did get an email from Mississauga saying that the application has been forwarded to LVO, but that's not an AOR2 email. AOR2 emails are sent from the local visa office (see the signature on the email).
Not sure now that I think of it, in any case we got AOR2 back in May so it's certainly been a while

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
my application was received just yesterday Aug 28th so I'm hoping they don't return. only thing i can do now is wait :( When did you apply?
April 06. They might just ask you to resubmit photos only. You never know. You could also follow the Aug applicants thread to see other Aug applicants progress.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
@Kinza_Bee

Kinza, I noticed on your signature that your file has been started to process on 31st May, Don't you have any further communication after that?
Hi, how I wish! :'( sadly nothing
We ordered our GCMS notes and as of Aug 09 they hadn't even started eligibility. Though his security is either started or completed. We ordered our next set of notes last week. so hopefully by the time those come in there is some progress on my husbands file. How about you?

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Our file keeps getting weirder...

Recap:
My spouse is Korean, we are applying outland from Korea. We met and married in Canada while she was on a study permit.
Sent PR app in Apirl
Rec Apr 21
Rec'd AOR 1 ~May 20th
Mississauga requested Sched A and Police check
AOR 2 June 9th to Ottawa
June ~15th rec'd request for medical from Ottawa
June ~25th rec'd request for proof intent to return to Canada from Ottawa - Sent the next week to them - Background check showing that it started
July ~20th Med's passed
Aug 30th AOR 3 - File sent back to CPC Mississauga

I'm going to try and order the GCMS notes and see what is going on here...

lyoncab

Star Member
May 22, 2017

Recap:
My spouse is Korean, we are applying outland from Korea. We met and married in Canada while she was on a study permit.
Sent PR app in Apirl
Rec Apr 21
Rec'd AOR 1 ~May 20th
AOR 2 June 9th to Ottawa
June ~25th rec'd request for proof intent to return to Canada from Ottawa - Sent the next week to them - Background check showing that it started
July ~20th Med's passed

I'm an April applicant, outland Philippines, here is my timeline:

April 06 - CIC Received
May 03 - AOR
May 04 - Linked Application
May 09 - SA, Medical and Schedule A requested
May 10 - Medical and Schedule A sent
May 22 - Medical passed
July 17 - Application sent to VO for further processing
August 04 - RPRF and AOM requested, RPRF and AOM sent

Haven't heard anything since, my cic account is also saying :
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: ness12

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017

Recap:
Sent PR app in Apirl
Rec Apr 21
Rec'd AOR 1 ~May 20th
AOR 2 June 9th to Ottawa
July ~20th Med's passed

I wonder why they would send it back to Mississauga .

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I'm an April applicant, outland Philippines, here is my timeline:

April 06 - CIC Received
May 03 - AOR
May 04 - Linked Application
May 09 - SA, Medical and Schedule A requested
May 10 - Medical and Schedule A sent
May 22 - Medical passed
July 17 - Application sent to VO for further processing
August 04 - RPRF and AOM requested, RPRF and AOM sent

Haven't heard anything since, my cic account is also saying :
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My background check has said the following since late June:

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I just find it strange how they sent the file to Ottawa and then sent it back to Mississauga. I'm hoping this means it will processing quickly instead of slowly.

Reactions: xohaib.shah

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
My background check has said the following since late June:

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I just find it strange how they sent the file to Ottawa and then sent it back to Mississauga. I'm hoping this means it will processing quickly instead of slowly.
I hope too..

mandhir89

Aug 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27 MARCH 2017
AOR Received.
29 MARCH 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
11 APRIL 2017
Med's Done....
21 APRIL 2017
Interview........
DECEMBER 6 2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/01/2018
LANDED..........
feb 2018

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
I got an email today saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga". Do you think this can be considered AOR2?

All the people whose applications are being sent back to Mississauga from Ottawa, perhaps, it's the case for you too?

bitingbugz

May 8, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Med's Request
20-07-1989
Med's Done....
24-07-1989
You will not get any of the emails such as acknowledgement of receipt emails, approvals, document requests as your consultant will get them. I see that you have access to ecas.

The only thing you can do is check your ecas.

It looks like you got Acknowledgement of receipt from Case processing centre in Mississauga(AOR), sponsor approval, Medicals done, and acknowledgement of receipt from your designated visa office ie New Delhi (AOR2).

Also, I see that you have submitted police certificate and schedule a form.

Now, the next step is for your background check turn into inprogress status. You cannot see this in ECAS. But your consultant will be able to see this in CIC Account.

Then, in ECAS, decision made (DM) status will be shown for PR application.

Your consultant should receive a passport request email when status changes to DM and I suppose he or she will let you know

The principal applicant should send them his or her Passport and get the stamping from High Commission of Canada.

Finally, landing in canada

P.s. If you are friends with your consultant and he has a separate Account for your application in my CIC, get the username and password from him and so you can check the status yourself.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I got an email from CIC today.

Dea Sir/Madam,

This refers to the application to sponsor a member of the family class you submitted to this ffice on behalf of ********** and family(if applicable).

This message is being sent to confirm that the application for permanent residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga.

Sincerely,

Case Processing Center Mississauga

I believe as it is address to me so it is a sponsor approval. Also, Does that mean our file will not be transferred to NDVO and will be process in Mississauga instead.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I got an email today saying "This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga". Do you think this can be considered AOR2?

All the people whose applications are being sent back to Mississauga from Ottawa, perhaps, it's the case for you too?
After hearing NOTHING since submitting the Schedule A and Police Certificate back in May, we got this email today. Is this AOR2?

Last week I had called to find out if we had missed any messages (especially since we thought we would have been asked for the medical soon after Schedule A) but we have not missed any messages. We were calling once a month or so because of the technical issues experienced with missed messages in April and May.

Checked both our ECAS and CIC application page for new messages. Nothing new since May.

Last edited:

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
I (sponsor) had an email today saying that my husband's Application for Permanent Residence will be processed by the Mississauga office.
I thought it was already in Mississauga being processed
Does anyone know what stage this is at?
Our previous correspondence requested Schedule A and new photos. We sent hard copies in June and I phoned in early July to make sure they got them. I was told Schedule A had definitely arrived but there were no notes on the system to say the photos had arrived (they were sent together). A message was sent to the Mississauga office but when I phoned again to request an update I was told that it can take months for a response.
So although I don't know where in the process we stand or if we need to provide photos still I'm glad the application hasn't been lost on someone's desk.