+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
Just a quick question, I'm the sponsor and my wife is the applicant. When we go on cic to check application status my name comes up with a lot more details than hers. Is that normal? It has two sections one that says sponsorship application status and one permanent residence statuse. They contain different information. It says decision made for the sponsorship but doesn't give details other than aor. Then just application received under permanent residence app. Does this mean I was approved as sponsor or...?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Just a quick question, I'm the sponsor and my wife is the applicant. When we go on cic to check application status my name comes up with a lot more details than hers. Is that normal? It has two sections one that says sponsorship application status and one permanent residence statuse. They contain different information. It says decision made for the sponsorship but doesn't give details other than aor. Then just application received under permanent residence app. Does this mean I was approved as sponsor or...?
The sponsor portion will always have more information until they move onto the applicant's residency app.

Decision Made under sponsorship likely means you have been approved. Did that change recently? You should get additional email notification about this.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Yes, when you see the Decision Made on your eCAS account, that means you are approved ( you also have to receive an email mentioning they find you eligible ).
All sponsors' eCASes are like yours and all principle applicants' are like hers.

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
I'm not sure when it changed because I only discovered I could look myself up today as I was growing concerned with zero updates through PA look up. All it says is application received April 6th still for her. Is that normal?

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure when it changed because I only discovered I could look myself up today as I was growing concerned with zero updates through PA look up. All it says is application received April 6th still for her. Is that normal?
Yeah, mine too. If you're worried and inside Canada, you call the center.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yes. That's normal.

You should be getting a letter about SA, medical request, police check request, etc.

I am the sponsor but I cannot open it in ECAS anymore since we've been sent to a VO and they closed out the sponsor part. But the PA part was just as you said for a while until they updated it. Don't worry :)

Reactions: shiiinjiiim

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
That was may 3 though. I haven't received anything about medical sa police check. Some of which we gave up front.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
That was may 3 though. I haven't received anything about medical sa police check. Some of which we gave up front.
What did you give upfront?
Some people who submitted upfront (against application instructions) found it caused confusion in the Immigration end and delayed things even further - not sure if that could account for anything. Also if you did submit upfront and they have everything then you wouldn't be hearing all that much from them anyways, as you wouldn't necessarily get the same requests for Schedule A or police checks or whatever if you had submitted them and they have them on file. What country are you applying from (sorry if you mentioned in earlier posts)? Have you tried calling?

One annoying thing that seems to be happening (and happened to us) was we got SA letter that said they would provide instructions on how to submit Schedule A within 5 days and they never sent anything. So frustrating

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
What did you give upfront?
Some people who submitted upfront (against application instructions) found it caused confusion in the Immigration end and delayed things even further - not sure if that could account for anything. Also if you did submit upfront and they have everything then you wouldn't be hearing all that much from them anyways, as you wouldn't necessarily get the same requests for Schedule A or police checks or whatever if you had submitted them and they have them on file. What country are you applying from (sorry if you mentioned in earlier posts)? Have you tried calling?

One annoying thing that seems to be happening (and happened to us) was we got SA letter that said they would provide instructions on how to submit Schedule A within 5 days and they never sent anything. So frustrating
We had started the application long before the changes were made and we had submitted an application for pr that was declined in 2015 due to some issues with the package and we had applied inland at that time. The medical was still relevant and we were trying to be proactive with the police clearance as we had been through the process before. Which is Why it was upfront.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We had started the application long before the changes were made and we had submitted an application for pr that was declined in 2015 due to some issues with the package and we had applied inland at that time. The medical was still relevant and we were trying to be proactive with the police clearance as we had been through the process before. Which is Why it was upfront.
Ya I'm not asking for justification of upfront - I know people do it and there are 100% extenuating circumstances which I totally get - all I was saying is that I have seen people here and on Facebook groups who experienced confusion which caused some minor delays when they submitted things up front, which is why I suggested that maybe is why you haven't heard too much yet, as well as if you submitted stuff upfront it would be totally normal to not have heard much anyways.

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
Sorry you had asked what was given up front that was me answering it. I could call I just didn't want to be a bother as I am sure they are constantly inundated with questions like that. Just seems like there is a lot more progress on most but I guess now that I've looked up mine there's a bit more.
Ya I'm not asking for justification of upfront - I know people do it and there are 100% extenuating circumstances which I totally get - all I was saying is that I have seen people here and on Facebook groups who experienced confusion which caused some minor delays when they submitted things up front, which is why I suggested that maybe is why you haven't heard too much yet, as well as if you submitted stuff upfront it would be totally normal to not have heard much anyways.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Sorry you had asked what was given up front that was me answering it. I could call I just didn't want to be a bother as I am sure they are constantly inundated with questions like that. Just seems like there is a lot more progress on most but I guess now that I've looked up mine there's a bit more.
Honestly, I think what seems like progress is really just CIC asking people to do medicals and submit things. After we submitted that was all the comms and progress that we got...police check, prints, sched a, medical, etc, so that kept us busy. But now that we've been transferred to a VO it's radio silence and just a waiting game, so I think what you're experiencing is totally normal

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Honestly, I think what seems like progress is really just CIC asking people to do medicals and submit things. After we submitted that was all the comms and progress that we got...police check, prints, sched a, medical, etc, so that kept us busy. But now that we've been transferred to a VO it's radio silence and just a waiting game, so I think what you're experiencing is totally normal
I am just hoping that my file does not end up in the to destroy file pile as it has happened to lots of folks from reading other threads. Very scary all this waiting .