+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Brad Smith said:
And one more note about leaving a buffer... Even if you think you've got *everything* correct, there could still be some mistakes that swing things by a day on any given trip. Have you ever...

- Had a flight that was supposed to arrive late on one day, but got delayed until the next?
- Had a flight that landed at the end of one day, but didn't go through customs until after midnight?
- Taken a trip to the states but didn't realize you didn't cross the border back into Canada until 2am the next day?
- Had any delays/cancellations/rerouting of flights that caused you to spend an extra night somewhere that your flight receipts don't show?

Any of those things (and probably more I can't think of) could have easily happened and put your calculation off by a day on any trip. Have it happen on enough trips, and there goes even a week buffer without any effort. For example, in my calculations, I had a Cathay Pacific flight that landed back in Canada just before midnight each time. I took that flight 4 times. I guarantee you I didn't get processed as re-entering Canada until the next day each of those times. That's *four* extra days right there that you wouldn't think of if you just looked at your calendar/flight receipts.

This is not a big deal if you have a buffer, as anyone looking at your file is going to understand a discrepancy with arrivals right around midnight. But if you don't have a buffer, the physical presence test is incredibly strict. You either meet it or you don't.

So, again, *at least* two weeks buffer before mailing the application. Think of it this way, it's better to wait a few weeks than do what I did. I now might lose my fee, have to wait weeks (maybe a month) before my application is officially withdrawn, then pay and mail my application again. This will likely put me more than a month or so behind, plus possibly trigger extra scrutiny.

So, buffer it. :)

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. These examples actually made a lot of sense and it was super helpful.

According to my records, I would have been eligible on March 29th, but I have decided to give a min. of 1 month buffer and ordered the records from CBSA as well as US to be safe. I will now apply at end of April to be on the safe side.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just went to Costco and took the photographs.. as per the specs for citizenship application.
All the photos were stamped with address and date. Also I wrote my name on the back of the photos.

AmPal

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am applying in mid April.

Just a quick question - I am originally from India and completed my all education (school and college) having English as first language. I have letters from all my schools and college indicating about the same. I have not taken any education in Canada.

In this case do I still need to take IELTS???

Please help.

Osorkon

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
LANDED..........
07-01-2013
maybenot said:
April here ?

are we required to translate all non-english stamps
such as Turkish entry/exit stamp?
You will send only the first page of your passport which has your photo and passport details, no need to send the stamped pages, I know that because I sent my application in March and returned back incomplete because I did not send the proper Language proficiency document. and will apply again in 10th of April, because I am waiting my English result test for CELPIP LS.

opk2much

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
Doc's Request.
27-10-2010
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
February 24th, 2013
user3000 said:
Just went to Costco and took the photographs.. as per the specs for citizenship application.
All the photos were stamped with address and date. Also I wrote my name on the back of the photos.

I mailed my application yesterday and just realized that I didn't write my name at the back of the photographs. Is there a big implication for forgetting this?

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
opk2much said:
I mailed my application yesterday and just realized that I didn't write my name at the back of the photographs. Is there a big implication for forgetting this?
I think your application should be okay.

drmohan

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Please count me in.I am sending the application this week (hopefully in 2 days).
Thanks

drmohan

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmPal said:
Hello all,

I am applying in mid April.

Just a quick question - I am originally from India and completed my all education (school and college) having English as first language. I have letters from all my schools and college indicating about the same. I have not taken any education in Canada.

In this case do I still need to take IELTS???

Please help.
Hi, you don't have to take IELTS.Just provide your degree certificate (make sure your certificates are in English).Hope this helps.

AmPal

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drmohan said:
Hi, you don't have to take IELTS.Just provide your degree certificate (make sure your certificates are in English).Hope this helps.
Thanks a ton.....

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fellow Applicants,

Do I need to submit ROEs' and Notice Of Assesment too with my application? I didn't see that in the document checklist.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Classical_beat said:
Hi Fellow Applicants,

Do I need to submit ROEs' and Notice Of Assesment too with my application? I didn't see that in the document checklist.
No, you don't have to submit any documents that they haven't requested.

Hashad

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
opk2much said:
Your application may be returned. Hopefully not, but high probability.

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hoping the best for you , I hope it will not be returned , all the best for April application