File Transfer...
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 15-11-2016
LANDED..........
25-11-2016
Oooh I have a good news !! Just went on Ecas and guess what's written !!

DECISION MADE !!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Jli said:
Oooh I have a good news !! Just went on Ecas and guess what's written !!

DECISION MADE !!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Congrats!!

wyho007 said:
From reading the threads, seems like PPR is sent very soon (like within a week) of BG in progress for non-visa exempt country of origins. My BG has turned to in progress since mid Oct. I'm visa exempt, haven't heard any update since. It's anyone's guess on how long that may take. I guess it depends on how many countries you've lived? I don't know.

Received notes couple of weeks ago, the "Eligibility" status is changed to PASSED. However, MYCIC still shows "in progress".

My next set of notes should come in within the next 10 days, hopefully can see some progress there.
im expecting itll take a while due to my time in china, aus, uk and canada. but progress is progress :)

sask8884

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-06-2016
My spouse received an email two days ago informing him that he would need to attend an interview at the Canadian Embassy in Vienna early next month. As of now, the MyCIC status is still the same as before:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

This will probably get updated soon, though.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Will the background check be on hold until the interview is done, or will they move on to doing the background checks etc.?

We just want this to be over already so that we can get on with our lives.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
sask8884 said:
My spouse received an email two days ago informing him that he would need to attend an interview at the Canadian Embassy in Vienna early next month. As of now, the MyCIC status is still the same as before:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

This will probably get updated soon, though.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Will the background check be on hold until the interview is done, or will they move on to doing the background checks etc.?

We just want this to be over already so that we can get on with our lives.
Glad you are at least getting a quick interview. I doubt they will do much with the background check until after the interview but if successful the end can come fairly quickly. You may never see changes on mycic.

charcarl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2016
File Transfer...
August 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
August 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi got an update today on mycic. Background check is now in progress . Hoping for PPR soon. Anyone here have the same update?

Makwa

Nov 11, 2016
Hi,
I am a Japanese newbie living in Canada. After sending the police certificate, BG changed to In Progress on Oct 29th. But nothing has happnened afterward...
Hope I can see DM soon...

Application/profile status Open Help
Review of eligibility Review in Progress Help
Review of medical results Passed Help
Review of submitted documents Help
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time Help
A background check is needed In Progress Help
Final decision Not Started Help

coastbc

Jun 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 12-05-2016 , AOR2: 23-06-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-03-2016 (MyCIC: passed Sept 21, 2016)
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
06-10-2016 (PP to VFS on 20-10-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-01-2017
Denela said:
Hello April Applicants!

Just a quick update. :D BG is finally in progress and I've also got my PPR today. God is really great!

To those who are still waiting. It is there. Wait for your time. Claim it. ;D

Godbless, everyone!
There you go :)
All that stress and now its over.
Congratulations

Makwa

Nov 11, 2016
Hi I have noticed that my BG is changed today from "in progress" to "not needed at this time"... The info on ecas is still the same, "in process".
Is this a good sign?? or they will request me other documents??

Makwa

Nov 11, 2016
Makwa said:
Hi I have noticed that my BG is changed today from "in progress" to "not needed at this time"... The info on ecas is still the same, "in process".
Is this a good sign?? or they will request me other documents??

It went back to "in progress again"... no email from them... Hope this is a good sign...

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
just a square said:
I'm fairly sure that's too many pages of chat logs, especially since it covers only ~4 months. It's likely they will not read all of it and just shred it. Call logs and photos are great, although it makes me wonder why didn't you send the photos with the original package. Other proofs I can come up with: handwritten letters/postcards, gifts sent, money transfers, any interaction between each others family members.
May I ask what proof of relationship you provided when filing the application?
I'm not sure about the lease agreement because technically she can't move to Canada, she can only visit. Make sure she uses appropriate wording at the border - this is crucial. She can't say she's gonna live there for a few months, she's only visiting. Otherwise she'll be denied the entry.
I'd like to hear what seniors think about this lease thing.
We did sent pictures but I guess they wanted more. Also i only provided them with Skype calls only last time with 20+ pages (font size 12 Times New Roman). Now, I sent them our chat logs + call logs screen shots, my parents did a letter as well stating they've met her. I sent them her plane tickets to Canada and back. I just put her name on the lease agreement even though she is just visiting as per building requirement to know how many people are leaving in the apartment for fire and safety (I just put a note saying shes just there for a visit). I also sent them her new ticket itinerary for December 2016 and return itinerary for march 2017.

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
just a square said:
Emailing them might not work. I used CSE to send them additional documents but they didn't acknowledge them for a few weeks. The best option is to mail them physically - it takes only a few working days if sent from Lithuania via mail. Don't forget that the original has to be translated and notarized.

Embassy of Canada
Visa Section
ul. Piekna 2/8
00-481 Warsaw
Poland
So my email saying:

Embassy of Canada
Immigration section
ul. Piekna 2/8
00-482 [/u]Warsaw, Poland ( I sent it to this address)

but, for some reason, the documents I sent got sent to 00-481 and not 00-482, should I be worried?

Reichel

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Hi guys im new here, I'm getting married soon to a canadian citizen, im US citizen. My fiance and i is thinking of doing an inland application so we can be together, but we are still not sure if this is a good route to take. If we do inland do i still have to get a tourist visa or my passport is good enough since thats all i need to travel to canada but i can only stay max of 6 months, can i just travel out of the border and comeback or i really have to apply for extension. Need help ...thank you

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Reichel said:
Hi guys im new here, I'm getting married soon to a canadian citizen, im US citizen. My fiance and i is thinking of doing an inland application so we can be together, but we are still not sure if this is a good route to take. If we do inland do i still have to get a tourist visa or my passport is good enough since thats all i need to travel to canada but i can only stay max of 6 months, can i just travel out of the border and comeback or i really have to apply for extension. Need help ...thank you
Hi Reichel,

most people here will tell you to apply outland and I agree with that. It doesn't mean you have to be outside of Canada, it just means that you can't work in Canada while it's processing and that you have ties to your home country (I'm not sure if the second part also applies for US citizens).
Inland applications take over a year up to sometimes 2 years to be approved (and it takes about 4 months to get an open work permit). During the time of processing you are not advised to leave Canada, otherwise when trying to re-enter, you may be denied and the application will be closed.
Outland applications nowadays for US citizens only take 6-8 months, some even only 4 months. During this time, you can stay in Canada for 6 months with your passport as a visitor, but you won't be able to work. Also, you can apply for extension of your visitor status if the processing takes longer.

Lyse

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
01-06-2016
Med's Done....
14-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2017
Does anyone know how or where to pay the permanent residence fee? CIC linked me this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/, but I can only find the processing fees, or maybe I'm blind :S.

Edit:
Ok, nevermind! With a bit of trouble, I finally found where it was hiding. Even if the fee didn't appear in the fee list, an option for RPRP comes up later on if you continue onwards from the fee list. Sigh.