13-06-2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
LANDED..........
29-10-2016
kathi2 said:
That's amazing! Congrats! Did you receive it via E-Mail or how does that work?
Application is linked to MyCIC.

Got notification email that I have a new message(s) in my account and have to sign-in to view.
Logged into MyCIC, got the message and letter in PDF

coastbc

Jun 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 12-05-2016 , AOR2: 23-06-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-03-2016 (MyCIC: passed Sept 21, 2016)
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
06-10-2016 (PP to VFS on 20-10-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-01-2017
In case anyone needs this for reference:
In My CIC today, I got a new message.

Review of medical results: Passed
(Meds were done on March 22, 2016)

Cat: Spousal
Visa Office: Manila
App Filed: 20-04- 2016
AOR1: 12-05-2016
File Transfer: 13-06-2016
AOR2: 23-06-2016
Meds Done: 22-03-2016

behrooz66

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
I was an April applicant (I was the sponsor for my wife) and my wife just received her passport with the immigrant visa in it! yay!
And as she is here already on a visitor visa, we are driving to the Surrey Border in BC to do her landing.

I was wondering, if that border is open 24/7. Like can we just go there any time and any day for landing?

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
I'm the longest April applicant's to received SA last week, and my application change in process yesterday
Please can some one help me on how to link My CIC Account, my wife said it keep kicking out

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
we got email stating that cic wants more proof that my husband wantys to settle back in canada as he moived to UK with his parents since he was like 2 years old and have been here since then so 28 years and looks like they dont believe he wants to move there genuinely :(

I am really upset as we have now 3 weeks to find out and send off some proof but we obviously dont have bank accounts insurance or job or lease, so not sure what proof more we can give :(

I am starting to think they will reject us just because obviously we cant give any more proof and for instance rent now while we not there yet and want to mov in like 2 years or so...
help!

sask8884

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-06-2016
kathi2 said:
Finally an update at MyCIC! Background check is in progress! It's weird though. Medical and eligibility are review in progress as well still. I don't get it but that must be better than worse I'd hope.
Awesome. We're in the same visa office so this is encouraging for all of us waiting to hear from the Vienna office.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Crayon7 said:
we got email stating that cic wants more proof that my husband wantys to settle back in canada as he moived to UK with his parents since he was like 2 years old and have been here since then so 28 years and looks like they dont believe he wants to move there genuinely :(

I am really upset as we have now 3 weeks to find out and send off some proof but we obviously dont have bank accounts insurance or job or lease, so not sure what proof more we can give :(

I am starting to think they will reject us just because obviously we cant give any more proof and for instance rent now while we not there yet and want to mov in like 2 years or so...
help!
Buy flights for next year. Make sure they're changeable just in case.
Send emails to realtors in the city you intend to move to saying you are coming back and would like to start a conversation about buying or renting.
Email potential jobs and keep a record of the email conversation between then and your husband to show he is looking for work.
Are there any facebook or email conversations with you both and other people where you say that you are planning to move back? Have you made any announcements on social media? If you have include them. If you haven't, make them, then include them!
When do you plan on leaving for canada? Can you show proof of your plans to leave your current country? If it is hard to prove you are going back to canada, try and show that you are planning on leaving your current country? If you own a house, show that you are planning on selling it I fyou rent, get a letter from the realtor or landlord saying you haven't extended your lease. If you want to move in 4 months, give notie to your jobs now saying you will leave in 4 months and you need a written letter from them confirming your intentions.

Stuff like that. Hope this helps! Good luck!

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
behrooz66 said:
I was an April applicant (I was the sponsor for my wife) and my wife just received her passport with the immigrant visa in it! yay!
And as she is here already on a visitor visa, we are driving to the Surrey Border in BC to do her landing.

I was wondering, if that border is open 24/7. Like can we just go there any time and any day for landing?
So did you mail your wife's passport ? In one of your posts you were saying mailing it would take 3 months. I am in canada and applied outland like you that's why I am asking.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Gary_87 said:
Buy flights for next year. Make sure they're changeable just in case.
Send emails to realtors in the city you intend to move to saying you are coming back and would like to start a conversation about buying or renting.
Email potential jobs and keep a record of the email conversation between then and your husband to show he is looking for work.
Are there any facebook or email conversations with you both and other people where you say that you are planning to move back? Have you made any announcements on social media? If you have include them. If you haven't, make them, then include them!
When do you plan on leaving for canada? Can you show proof of your plans to leave your current country? If it is hard to prove you are going back to canada, try and show that you are planning on leaving your current country? If you own a house, show that you are planning on selling it I fyou rent, get a letter from the realtor or landlord saying you haven't extended your lease. If you want to move in 4 months, give notie to your jobs now saying you will leave in 4 months and you need a written letter from them confirming your intentions.

Stuff like that. Hope this helps! Good luck!
thanks, cant really give notice to work or rental property as we will probably move now in 2018 or so lol
dont have conv to proove with husband as we live together so talk about this in person

I dont feel like posting all over facebook that we are moving in 3 years or so and then not getting approved and will be sh.t even more if they say no
it really sucks.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Crayon7 said:
thanks, cant really give notice to work or rental property as we will probably move now in 2018 or so lol
dont have conv to proove with husband as we live together so talk about this in person

I dont feel like posting all over facebook that we are moving in 3 years or so and then not getting approved and will be sh.t even more if they say no
it really sucks.
Given that your moving to Canada is so open I can see why CIC is concerned. I think they will tell you to reapply when you have more definite plans.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Just received our GCMS notes where they record their observations of the relationship. I Think what is most interesting is what they do not talk about. Anything that is subjective like letters from us. They only deal with facts. Dates, emails, financial relationship, past marriages and trips. In the end they ask for more court information for my step son which I understand and then a request for personal information back until age 18. Given they talk about having the workbook a bit of overkill.
It is captured from Sept 1
Another note for those that have wondered about changing your names. It was very quick for CIC to update and they did talk about it in the relationship review.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Sous02 said:
Given that your moving to Canada is so open I can see why CIC is concerned. I think they will tell you top reapply when you have more definite plans.
crayon7, may i ask where you are? are you with your husband in the uk?

2016nairobi

Sep 17, 2016
Hi I'm new to this forum. I hope you can help me out. I'm sponsoring my husband at the moment and the Nairobi, Kenya Visa office is asking us to send a copy of our Canadian newborn's birth certificate to their office. Do they want a hard copy or a photocopy? I already sent them an attachment with my child's birth certificate by email. And they asked for copy of the birth certificate again without further clarification on how they want it. Should we send a photocopy or hard copy of our child's birth certificate to the visa office by mail?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Crayon7 said:

it really sucks.
I meant conversations between you and jobs you email, for both of you. If your husband is canadian and needs to prove he is returning, he needs to start emailing jobs and taking screen grabs of the emails to forward to CIC.

If you say to CIC that you are moving in 2018 they will refuse the visa based on not having a real intent to move. they will ask you to reapply in 2017. Also, if they approve your visa you will have a time limit on when to enter canada and land. most likely a year from your meds. you need to convince the IO that you intend to move back to canada before that expiry date.

Now, even if you just go there to land aand a visit, and then come back and actually move in 2018, that's fine. but you cant just delay til 2018 and thats what the IO is checking.

Provide letters from family members saying they know you are leaving wherever you are now. provide letters from his family saying they know you are moving back and they will help you get set up when you arrive by providing a place to stay. like i said, get refundable one way plane tickets. show evidence of looking for a new place to live and a new job (we emailed tons of realtors and potentail jobs and took screenshots of the conversations). My wife applied to a school in canada and we sent in proof of her application. She has since changed her mind about the course and has applied to different ones but if CIC ask we'll include that aswell.

You need to prove at this stage that you are returning and need more than just saying "we really want to go in 2018". It's a silly process, because why on earth would we go through with this whole visa application if we didnt want to go there, but still.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Sous02 said:
Given that your moving to Canada is so open I can see why CIC is concerned. I think they will tell you to reapply when you have more definite plans.
We have plans it's just that obviously as we would need to find job now as the plans have changed we need more savings I think it's obvious... we not gonna move to come back as we could be out of money without savings we don't have family there anymore to help us out

Gary_87 said:
I meant conversations between you and jobs you email, for both of you. If your husband is canadian and needs to prove he is returning, he needs to start emailing jobs and taking screen grabs of the emails to forward to CIC.

If you say to CIC that you are moving in 2018 they will refuse the visa based on not having a real intent to move. they will ask you to reapply in 2017. Also, if they approve your visa you will have a time limit on when to enter canada and land. most likely a year from your meds. you need to convince the IO that you intend to move back to canada before that expiry date.

Now, even if you just go there to land aand a visit, and then come back and actually move in 2018, that's fine. but you cant just delay til 2018 and thats what the IO is checking.

Provide letters from family members saying they know you are leaving wherever you are now. provide letters from his family saying they know you are moving back and they will help you get set up when you arrive by providing a place to stay. like i said, get refundable one way plane tickets. show evidence of looking for a new place to live and a new job (we emailed tons of realtors and potentail jobs and took screenshots of the conversations). My wife applied to a school in canada and we sent in proof of her application. She has since changed her mind about the course and has applied to different ones but if CIC ask we'll include that aswell.

You need to prove at this stage that you are returning and need more than just saying "we really want to go in 2018". It's a silly process, because why on earth would we go through with this whole visa application if we didnt want to go there, but still.
Thanks

Well obviously we hope to move next year still we want to do this asap and that is the date we had on app but would be silly push moving without job or whatever. So we still say for cic we move next year but we won't push it if husband won't get job or anything just will do landing and move bit later on(won't mention this thought lol)
taniam00 said:
crayon7, may i ask where you are? are you with your husband in the uk?
Yes we both live in U.K. At the moment