Jun 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
I just checked Ecas and saw I have a DM!! I am soooooo happy!! This process has been so fast it's ridiculous! April 25 received and June 29th DM. I do have a question though, I received an email that says "Ready for Visa." I'm from the states, so it's visa exempt. Is there anything I'm supposed to do on my end?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
BusyChali said:
I just checked Ecas and saw I have a DM!! I am soooooo happy!! This process has been so fast it's ridiculous! April 25 received and June 29th DM. I do have a question though, I received an email that says "Ready for Visa." I'm from the states, so it's visa exempt. Is there anything I'm supposed to do on my end?
Huh, I never received that email. I got my COPR after seeing DM. What does the email say? You could always just send them a scanned copy of your passport, but I don't think that's necessary.

Congratulations! ;D

BusyChali

Jun 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Decoy24601 said:
Huh, I never received that email. I got my COPR after seeing DM. What does the email say? You could always just send them a scanned copy of your passport, but I don't think that's necessary.

Congratulations! ;D
This is how it starts off...

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.

freeze

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
11-04-2016 upfront
BusyChali said:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:
I had exactly the same letter.
In my case, after processing my application in Ottawa, I got the mail from Vienna. I'm from an visa exempt state too. So I didn't know why they send the email.
So I send them an email stating, that nothing changed after I completed the application. And that the pictures I send match the requirements from Jan 2016.
They answered: Since they don't have the application (it's still in Ottawa) I should send two pictures and a copy of my passport.
That's what I did.

Today it's a week since they received it. Hope to hear from them soon. They wanted to send the Copr by standard mail.

Hope I could help you.

freeze

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
11-04-2016 upfront
J D said:
hello everyone,

My wife application received at Mississauga on 6th may 2016.once i got email like my application was received with UCI and Application number. since then i didn't get any other email.even i can't check application process online?

can anybody give answer please?

thanks
Just call there. Sometimes they don't send emails. Why ever :eek:

SamSunga

Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BusyChali said:
Wow !! so fast.
Congrats...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
BusyChali said:

Visa exempt applicants may still need to submit a PPR. You are not required to send in your physical passport, you are required to send a copy of your current passport. this will confirm the details for your COPR. I'm sure there is more in this letter than you posted that may have suggested this. feel free to paste the whole thing if you can't find this information in the letter.

LongDistanceLife

Apr 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa [UK applicant]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA : 15.07.2016
Med's Done....
upfront
April 8th applicant. we recieved AOR1, but no SA yet :| what is happening.

its day 80 since application recieved

BusyChali

Jun 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
freeze said:
I had exactly the same letter.
In my case, after processing my application in Ottawa, I got the mail from Vienna. I'm from an visa exempt state too. So I didn't know why they send the email.
So I send them an email stating, that nothing changed after I completed the application. And that the pictures I send match the requirements from Jan 2016.
They answered: Since they don't have the application (it's still in Ottawa) I should send two pictures and a copy of my passport.
That's what I did.

Today it's a week since they received it. Hope to hear from them soon. They wanted to send the Copr by standard mail.

And where did you mail the document to?

Hope I could help you.

BusyChali

Jun 8, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
Visa exempt applicants may still need to submit a PPR. You are not required to send in your physical passport, you are required to send a copy of your current passport. this will confirm the details for your COPR. I'm sure there is more in this letter than you posted that may have suggested this. feel free to paste the whole thing if you can't find this information in the letter.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One self-addressed, pre-paid envelope with your complete mailing address so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents.

4. One copy of this letter.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Please note that incorrect mailing addresses could result in your passport(s) being lost. Do not forget your apartment number and postal code. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail. We do not return passports by regular mail.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

There are free online and in-person services offered by designated settlement service providers that you and your family may be able to access to help prepare you for life in Canada. Visit our website to learn more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
huh, that's odd it doesn't mention what to do if you are visa exempt. my advice is to reply and send an email to the address listed on the letter, advise them you are visa exempt and attached a scanned copy of the bio page of your passport JUST IN CASE. I would also send a case specific inquiry with the same information, noting the letter you received. the last thing you want to do is ignore the request and have your file closed.

good luck!

Canadian_Irish_

Star Member
May 27, 2016
BusyChali said:

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.
o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One self-addressed, pre-paid envelope with your complete mailing address so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents.

4. One copy of this letter.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Please note that incorrect mailing addresses could result in your passport(s) being lost. Do not forget your apartment number and postal code. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail. We do not return passports by regular mail.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Government of Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

There are free online and in-person services offered by designated settlement service providers that you and your family may be able to access to help prepare you for life in Canada. Visit our website to learn more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp.
The bold red above is for visa exempt. Everyone now requires and eTA to enter Canada. Well, actually US citizens don't, but it's likely a generic email that they send to everyone.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Anyone having issues posting new thread in this forum?

snowl26

Feb 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Passport Req..
30-06-3016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Does anyone know if we need to use Canada Post to send documents responding to PPR? Or can we use some other private couriers?

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
snowl26 said:
Does anyone know if we need to use Canada Post to send documents responding to PPR? Or can we use some other private couriers?
Depending on the urgency, u can send it thru any courier you want. I Sent mine thru DHL.