Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hyper said:
My Ecas just changed to in process but when I clicked on it, it has just two lines..medical school have been recieved and permanent resident application recieved on xxxxxxx

Does it mean that my app is now in my VO?
no, that means that cic opened your application and considers it received. the applicant's application is considered "received" the same day the sponsor's application is. the application will be sent to the vo after the sponsor has been approved, so if you've been notified about SA, the letter will tell you what visa office the applicant's application was sent to. most people do not get notification when the vo gets the application. some visa offices will send a second AOR.

hyper

Star Member
May 26, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
no, that means that cic opened your application and considers it received. the applicant's application is considered "received" the same day the sponsor's application is. the application will be sent to the vo after the sponsor has been approved, so if you've been notified about SA, the letter will tell you what visa office the applicant's application was sent to. most people do not get notification when the vo gets the application. some visa offices will send a second AOR.

Thanks for the reply.. I have gotten SA approval already and the letters says my application is on its way to my VO

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hyper said:
Thanks for the reply.. I have gotten SA approval already and the letters says my application is on its way to my VO
then THAT suggests the application has been transferred. what's written on ECAS doesn't suggest this.

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
finally received by SA email. The date is today's date...is that what I should enter in the spread sheet? Also VO is Ottawa!!!! yay!

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
I have several questions and I hope someone can enlighten me.

1. Is it "normal" or ok not to receive anything, email or mail, but CIC call centre says that it is approve already?

2. After SA, when should I expect changes in e-cas - received to in process?

3. After SA, when will it be transferred to the VO?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
CanGer said:
finally received by SA email. The date is today's date...is that what I should enter in the spread sheet? Also VO is Ottawa!!!! yay!
double congrats

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am an April 8 applicant. I got Sponsorship approval on 3rd June.
I still have not got AOR2, and my app status is "Application Received".

Is there anyone else like me?
I am not sure why I am so so so unlucky

Canadian_Irish_

Star Member
May 27, 2016
My husband got decision made on July 18... A Saturday. We had submitted a visitor extension which was also approved on July 25...A Saturday. Both on a Saturday... I thought that was interesting.

Anyhow, to date we haven't received any communication from CIC about the decision on the PR application, but we received the extension permit today... So I thought I would try my luck with calling. I gave CIC a call and got the nicest agent. I explained the situation and he put me on hold to check the status.

He came back on the phone and said to wait 4 weeks from June 20 (that's when they sent the PR decision) and then call back. So I asked him if it was possible to let me know whether the decision was good or bad, and he said "no, sorry I can't tell you that", so I said "OK, I understand" and then he says... out of nowhere "You know what? I can tell you. The decision was made and your husband was approved. The document you're waiting for is the CoPR!"

I am far beyond happy. I wish all of you the same great feeling and quickly too!! I will update when we actually receive the CoPR!

I've mostly been a silent member of this forum, but I can't thank all of you enough for the things you've helped us with.

snowl26

Feb 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Passport Req..
30-06-3016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
I received an email from CPC-Ottawa at 7:30 pm local time. It's apparently one of those Passport Request emails. I'm happy how fast they are processing so far, but at the same time, I'm very worried about the upcoming Canada Post strike..so I would like to send my documents as soon as tomorrow and don't want to make any mistakes at this point. I have a few questions here:

1: Does anyone know how to get "Self-addressed, pre-paid envelope" from Canada post? i.e. how much postage and what size of envelope should I get?

2: My country needs an eTA to travel to Canada..so that means I just need a copy of my passport, correct? Does it matter if it's a colour or black/white copy? I can't remember what I sent in my first application.

Could someone clear up those questions for me? Thank you.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
snowl26 said:
I received an email from CPC-Ottawa at 7:30 pm local time. It's apparently one of those Passport Request emails. I'm happy how fast they are processing so far, but at the same time, I'm very worried about the upcoming Canada Post strike..so I would like to send my documents as soon as tomorrow and don't want to make any mistakes at this point. I have a few questions here:

1: Does anyone know how to get "Self-addressed, pre-paid envelope" from Canada post? i.e. how much postage and what size of envelope should I get?

2: My country needs an eTA to travel to Canada..so that means I just need a copy of my passport, correct? Does it matter if it's a colour or black/white copy? I can't remember what I sent in my first application.

Could someone clear up those questions for me? Thank you.
I can't help with your questions but congrats!

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Just a question. my wife's Ecas is "in process". She is leaving Canada this July 1st and she is planning to come back after 4 months for another visit, is that possible that she can come back after 4 months?

snowl26

Feb 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Passport Req..
30-06-3016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Gary_87 said:
I can't help with your questions but congrats!
Thanks a lot Mr. Gary!!

J D

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
hello everyone,

My wife application received at Mississauga on 6th may 2016.once i got email like my application was received with UCI and Application number. since then i didn't get any other email.even i can't check application process online?

can anybody give answer please?

thanks