Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Sous02 said:
Do you know if you are the representative if you have to get the imm 5744 filled out to order gmcs notes?
Yes, I believe you still need the consent form. It is rather easy to fill out. PA enters their info in Section A, the sponsor's info in Section C. Choose email to recieve the files. Print, sign, scan and send to sponsor.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Stuntxd9 said:
Even if I'm just visiting I shudder let the VO know?
How long will you visit for?

Updating your address to Canadian address, if you recieve PPR while in Canada you will send your passport to Ottawa rather than KVO.

Also, if they send you any correspondence by mail and you don't update your address, it will go to the address they have, and thus, you might not get it.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
ImABule said:
How long will you visit for?

Updating your address to Canadian address, if you recieve PPR while in Canada you will send your passport to Ottawa rather than KVO.

Also, if they send you any correspondence by mail and you don't update your address, it will go to the address they have, and thus, you might not get it.
I'm just visiting my wife for a few weeks then back home. I saw where you guys mention that if you are in Canada you can get the notes free hence my questions lol

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
yijiequ said:
Are they required to wear Hijab there. I was shock so many girls wanted to chat up on the street. Must be because I'm an asan and they don't see asian very often. Like I was shock muslim chicks started the conversation on a bus. That's not happening in my redneck hood. They always asked me about the korean dramas I have no clue. I told one chick that I only watched house of the cards. My wife was always pissed that I smiled back. So u not supposed to smile back or hi back . Haha
Most ethnic Chinese are not Muslim and do not wear hijab. There are many people who aren't Muslim and Indonesia is not an Islamic country despite having the world's largest Muslim population. It is a secular nation.

There are five recognized religions, of which you must claim one. Islam, Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Buddhist. You cannot have no religion.

The islands of Java and Sumatra are roughly 90% Muslim. Bali is almost entirely Hindu, and most of the eastern islands are predominantly Catholic/Protestant. Still, there are over 200 million Muslims in a country of about 270 million. Java is the most populated island in the world, home to 141 million people (2012 figure), and 56.7% of the total population of the country. In total Indonesia is made up of over 13,000 separate islands- roughly 1000 of them populated, and is home to over 300 dialects and ethnic groups.

The Korean dramas are big in Indo lol. And white people are like celebrities. All the girls like them haha. My friend opened a tinder account and he's not exactly a looker and had 50+ matches in 5 minutes lolol.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Stuntxd9 said:
I'm just visiting my wife for a few weeks then back home. I saw where you guys mention that if you are in Canada you can get the notes free hence my questions lol
Yes, you can lol.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
I finally got a SA letter (by post!) dated June 7 with visa office being Warsaw. Can't understand why they need to send a letter. Anyway, a big relief.

mcoro001

Apr 10, 2016
Hi Guys!!
I`m in Canada right now visiting my husband. He received sponsor approval on 06/15/2016 and today I received an email from VO-Ottawa with instructions to complete the CSQ. Do you guys know how long would it take to get CSQ?

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
mcoro001 said:
Hi Guys!!
I`m in Canada right now visiting my husband. He received sponsor approval on 06/15/2016 and today I received an email from VO-Ottawa with instructions to complete the CSQ. Do you guys know how long would it take to get CSQ?
I applied for my CSQ on May 25, 2016 and it was approved on June 14, 2016

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Stuntxd9 said:
I applied for my CSQ on May 25, 2016 and it was approved on June 14, 2016
What is csq?

Stantheman

Jun 21, 2016
Relevance of validity of Upfront Medical Exam to the to-be-issued PR Visa validity

It was stated in the IMM3999ETOC document:
A permanent resident visa is issued for a period not exceeding the earliest expiry date of the following documents:
- the medical results for you and your family members or
- your or your family members’ passport.
Important information: Permanent resident visas cannot be extended once issued. If applicants do not use the visas within their validity period, they must re-apply for immigration to Canada. Their sponsor will have to submit a new sponsorship application and pay new processing fees.

So does it imply that the earlier to have Upfront Medical Exam done, the shorter will be the the validity of PR Visa (assuming the visa is actually issued before the Upfront Medical Exam expires) ? For example, if the Upfront Medical Exam was done in Dec 2015 (so it must expire in Dec 2016 since validity is deemed 12 month only), and if the PR visa is issued in Nov 2016, does it mean the visa will have a validity of only one month, and the applicant must pack up and fly and land within one month as the expiry cannot change ?

If that is the case, what can be done prior to the visa issuance to ensure there is enough validity length ?

Maybe I think too much, so in real world will the visa be issued with some kind of minimum validity length even if it is after the Upfront Medical Exam expiry date ? or will the visa office inform applicant for a Medical Exam redone before the issuance of visa to avoid the validity problem ?

Any of experienced pros have idea on this ? Appreciate some feedback and suggestion.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
taniam00 said:
What is csq?
A Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat du Sélection du Québec) allows you to immigrate to and settle in Quebec. If your intended destination in Canada is within the province of Quebec, you must obtain a CSQ before you obtain a Permanent Resident Visa.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Stantheman said:
So does it imply that the earlier to have Upfront Medical Exam done, the shorter will be the the validity of PR Visa (assuming the visa is actually issued before the Upfront Medical Exam expires) ? For example, if the Upfront Medical Exam was done in Dec 2015 (so it must expire in Dec 2016 since validity is deemed 12 month only), and if the PR visa is issued in Nov 2016, does it mean the visa will have a validity of only one month, and the applicant must pack up and fly and land within one month as the expiry cannot change ?

If that is the case, what can be done prior to the visa issuance to ensure there is enough validity length ?

Maybe I think too much, so in real world will the visa be issued with some kind of minimum validity length even if it is after the Upfront Medical Exam expiry date ? or will the visa office inform applicant for a Medical Exam redone before the issuance of visa to avoid the validity problem ?

Any of experienced pros have idea on this ? Appreciate some feedback and suggestion.
you are definitely overthinking this. yes, it's true, medical results are technically only valid for 12 months. so if the medical was done in dec 2015, the validity of the exam is through dec 2016. CIC does have the ability to extend the medical validity if it's was done within 16 months of the appication being approved. this means in most cases, CIC will extend the medical to help the applicant land. Most people will see a few months extension, some may see longer. it's rare that a person gets weeks to land, though it does happen. if that's the case, a request can be made to extend the expiration date to help land. In some cases where the medical expires, an applicant will get a re-medical request and will need to get a new exam done in order to be approved.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Just called CIC to ask about my SA, the agent who answered was very nice, she said sponsor was approved June 16th and sponsor will get an email within the week.. Everyone who applied thesame time as me can call CIC to know about their approval. My file was recieved April 27th

snowl26

Feb 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Passport Req..
30-06-3016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
willyblue said:
Just called CIC to ask about my SA, the agent who answered was very nice, she said sponsor was approved June 16th and sponsor will get an email within the week.. Everyone who applied thesame time as me can call CIC to know about their approval. My file was recieved April 27th
My file was also received on April 27th, and I am still waiting for my SA! I will definitely call CIC to make sure my file has been taken care of already.

Someone might have asked this question earlier, but does a sponsor have to call CIC regarding SA? I'm the PA, and my husband is the sponsor. He starts his work at 9am (8am EDT), so it might be difficult for him to stay on hold for a long time ;) I worder if I could call CIC instead?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
snowl26 said:
My file was also received on April 27th, and I am still waiting for my SA! I will definitely call CIC to make sure my file has been taken care of already.

Someone might have asked this question earlier, but does a sponsor have to call CIC regarding SA? I'm the PA, and my husband is the sponsor. He starts his work at 9am (8am EDT), so it might be difficult for him to stay on hold for a long time ;) I worder if I could call CIC instead?
unless you guys submitted the representative form and appointed each other as a representative, CIC will not give you any information about the sponsor application. Only the sponsor can call to get information about the sponsor information, if there are no representatives assigned.