+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

applicant2

May 24, 2016
Hi

I have Canadian PR card and I am going to marry soon and next year move to Canada. I am going to be sponsor of my wife through outland application. I have several questions which would admire if u can respond.
1- Do i have to stay in Canada during processing time or I can be at my home country?
2- What is the minimum salary requirement for sponsorship in federal provinces?
3- Since i have no job and I am aware it may take some month to find a job, Can I apply as soon as I land there cuz we cant be far from each other for a long time :). i.e., i deposit sufficient fund in Bank to prove my financial capability to sponsor my spouse?
4- what are the main criteria for sponsor evaluation ( type of accommodation, salary, bank account, ..)?

Rgrds and thanks in advance

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
applicant2 said:
Hi

I have Canadian PR card and I am going to marry soon and next year move to Canada. I am going to be sponsor of my wife through outland application. I have several questions which would admire if u can respond.
1- Do i have to stay in Canada during processing time or I can be at my home country?
2- What is the minimum salary requirement for sponsorship in federal provinces?
3- Since i have no job and I am aware it may take some month to find a job, Can I apply as soon as I land there cuz we cant be far from each other for a long time :). i.e., i deposit sufficient fund in Bank to prove my financial capability to sponsor my spouse?
4- what are the main criteria for sponsor evaluation ( type of accommodation, salary, bank account, ..)?

Rgrds and thanks in advance
1: I believe if you are a PR you do have to be in Canada during the processing time. Only citizens can sponsor from abroad.
2: I'm confused by your question. Won't you be sponsoring your spouse through Family Class sponsorship? There's no minimum income requirement and it's on a federal level, although if you don't have a job the CIC will be looking for ways that you can support your spouse once they are a PR.
3: I assume you're asking about when your wife lands in Canada? Because you've already "landed". If you're asking about when you return to Canada, then it depends on how you immigrated I think. I can't remember specifically what the conditions are. If you were sponsored by an (ex) spouse, then you will have to wait 5 years I believe. If you weren't, then you're fine. You can sponsor your wife as soon as you return to Canada.
4: They only really care if you've been on welfare or if you are currently on it. You can't be on welfare and I believe if you've been on welfare in the past then you'll have to pay it back (excluding disability and EI).

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Decoy24601 said:
1: I believe if you are a PR you do have to be in Canada during the processing time. Only citizens can sponsor from abroad.
2: I'm confused by your question. Won't you be sponsoring your spouse through Family Class sponsorship? There's no minimum income requirement and it's on a federal level, although if you don't have a job the CIC will be looking for ways that you can support your spouse once they are a PR.
3: I assume you're asking about when your wife lands in Canada? Because you've already "landed". If you're asking about when you return to Canada, then it depends on how you immigrated I think. I can't remember specifically what the conditions are. If you were sponsored by an (ex) spouse, then you will have to wait 5 years I believe. If you weren't, then you're fine. You can sponsor your wife as soon as you return to Canada.
4: They only really care if you've been on welfare or if you are currently on it. You can't be on welfare and I believe if you've been on welfare in the past then you'll have to pay it back (excluding disability and EI).

i think now there is the option for inland candidates to choose either inland or outside canada; depends on which office is faster. that's your own decision.. keeps in mind, when the inland gets refused; no appeal.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Well, it's officially Tuesday now here. There are a lot of us who are past 40 days for SA. I hope today brings some good news!

applicant2

May 24, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Thanks for ur comprehensive responses. By the second question, I meant: I am sponsoring my spouse through Family Class sponsorship. before, I was thinking it is necessary to have a job and minimum salary to be eligible for sponsorship. As you explained there is no need to declare salary.Surely I will find job there when I land for second time but all my intention is to start the process of sponsorship as soon as I land before I get a job :)

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
applicant2 said:
Thanks for ur comprehensive responses. By the second question, I meant: I am sponsoring my spouse through Family Class sponsorship. before, I was thinking it is necessary to have a job and minimum salary to be eligible for sponsorship. As you explained there is no need to declare salary.Surely I will find job there when I land for second time but all my intention is to start the process of sponsorship as soon as I land before I get a job :)
No problem :D. One of the forms will ask how how much you do make, but the forms are also very generic. Will you have money saved up? It's still best to write a letter explaining your situation and show any funds that you do have at the time you sponsor her. Some people have sponsored spouses with letters from parents say they will support both the sponsor and the applicant if needed while unemployed (or whatever the specific situation is). Spousal applications are exempt from the minimum income requirement, but definitely tell them about your financial plans (that you'll be looking for a job asap).

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
no news at my end, day 36 from filed app.

sent them my updated passport while ago, no news at all on this as well.. ;/

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Crayon7 said:
no news at my end, day 36 from filed app.

sent them my updated passport while ago, no news at all on this as well.. ;/
When I emailed Mississauga it took them about 2 weeks to get a response. When I sent a Case Specific Enquiry to add my RPRF fee it took the same amount of time.

I hope we both get SA soon. I'm at 47 days now. As of Friday the SA side will have shown "in process" for a full month now. I called them last week, no news. They said Mississauga responded to the inquiry by saying it was "in process". A month seems like a long time to process SA.

Hundal14

May 24, 2016
Hii ..i applied for my husband in begining of april..my application got recieved on 8 april..dint got any AOR yetMy online sponsership status says they recieved my file and they started wrkng onit on 29 april...and PA status says file recieved on 8 april and 2nd point says medical got updated ..its month and half but no AOR yet..wht u guys think ??is this ok??

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Hundal14 said:
Hii ..i applied for my husband in begining of april..my application got recieved on 8 april..dint got any AOR yetMy online sponsership status says they recieved my file and they started wrkng onit on 29 april...and PA status says file recieved on 8 april and 2nd point says medical got updated ..its month and half but no AOR yet..wht u guys think ??is this ok??
It's not unheard of for people not to get AOR. It could have been sent to you by mail or not at all. Since you're able to access your eCAS I wouldn't worry. I would call them and let them know you never got AOR and would just like to confirm that they have your application. There's one other April applicant on here in a similar situation as you. I wouldn't worry though. You should be getting SA soon (mine was received two days before yours... no SA yet).

Jas-t

May 6, 2016
Mississuaga
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016, AOR2 31-05-2016
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
12 sep 2016
Hundal14 said:
I have same case application received on March 31. Start processing on 22 April. No SA yet. It's been 54 days.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I was wondering about the cases from those who has yet to receive SA approval (including me). What's your situation? For myself, as a sponsor, I landed as a immigrant since last October. I did not have a CRA notice of assessment, and we got married within 3 months. So basically I'm a new immigrant who has no tax report. (One of my Canadian friends did not attach the CRA notice but his wife still got PR after 7 months. He's a citizen and was living in another Country since 18 so he did not file Canadian tax return.)

How about you?

Jas-t said:
I have same case application received on March 31. Start processing on 22 April. No SA yet. It's been 54 days.

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hundal14 said:
Exact same timeline as mine :(

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
rashu268 said:
Exact same timeline as mine :(
Do you mean that you haven't gotten AOR yet? Are you able to access ecas?