23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
wyho007 said:
Is living outside of Canada takes longer?
Not really, it's just one more thing that the sponsor has to prove (intention to return to Canada).

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Decoy24601 said:
Not really, it's just one more thing that the sponsor has to prove (intention to return to Canada).
Just wondering... I (sponsor, who resides outside of Canada) really want to move back to Canada next March/April the latest, in case my partner (PA) doesn't get the CORP by then, is it too risky for us to move anyway and have my partner enter as visitor (no visa is required to enter Canada) while waiting? Why I said "risky" is because there's always the possibility of disapproval. Or, if being separate is not an option, better wait until CORP is received?

I want to know your opinions. Thanks!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
wyho007 said:
Just wondering... I (sponsor, who resides outside of Canada) really want to move back to Canada next March/April the latest, in case my partner (PA) doesn't get the CORP by then, is it too risky for us to move anyway and have my partner enter as visitor (no visa is required to enter Canada) while waiting? Why I said "risky" is because there's always the possibility of disapproval. Or, if being separate is not an option, better wait until CORP is received?

I want to know your opinions. Thanks!
It completely depends on the individual CBSA officer unfortunately. They're normally lenient on people with a PR application in process, but if your wife doesn't have strong ties to her home country then that's all they need to deny her entry if they want to. For now, I would wait until at least next March/April if your application isn't approved by then. I had no issues when I crossed... but I said I was "planning" on visiting for 3 weeks (since plans can change) and I still technically had a job. They did ask about my employment and asked if I was planning on working in Canada. I said "no...?" since I was confused. I'm pretty sure he was trying to make sure I wouldn't be illegally working. I think they suspected I was planning on staying longer than 3 weeks, but they didn't give me any trouble about it. In the secondary they were more concerned with my only checked bag (I traveled by train).

Whatever you decide, just know that if she is denied you can go back with her. It won't hurt her PR application at all. If it's something you want to do next spring, it's worth a try.

pyros1

Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-23-2016
AOR Received.
06-23-2016
Med's Done....
XX-02-2016
Decoy24601 said:
It completely depends on the individual CBSA officer unfortunately. They're normally lenient on people with a PR application in process, but if your wife doesn't have strong ties to her home country then that's all they need to deny her entry if they want to. For now, I would wait until at least next March/April if your application isn't approved by then. I had no issues when I crossed... but I said I was "planning" on visiting for 3 weeks (since plans can change) and I still technically had a job. They did ask about my employment and asked if I was planning on working in Canada. I said "no...?" since I was confused. I'm pretty sure he was trying to make sure I wouldn't be illegally working. I think they suspected I was planning on staying longer than 3 weeks, but they didn't give me any trouble about it. In the secondary they were more concerned with my only checked bag (I traveled by train).

Whatever you decide, just know that if she is denied you can go back with her. It won't hurt her PR application at all. If it's something you want to do next spring, it's worth a try.
I had a question about this. If your spouse was to visit for an extended period of a few months, we would have to send a case specific enquiry to CIC again correct?

Thank you,

EKate20132015

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
30-04-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Exempt...DM 06-10-2016
julies879 said:
Sitting here, stunned. Just logged on to my ecas and boom. Decision made. App received to DM in just over 6 weeks. We anticipated a 4-6 month process. Less than 7 weeks? Mind blown.
Kind of a lurker (I'm a May applicant) but wanted to say congrats! Your timeline gives me hope!

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Decoy24601 said:
I'm fairly sure my application is still in Mississauga. I only called a few days ago and they said it was still in process. I've seen nothing to indicate my application is in Ottawa yet.

The funny thing is, many Americans who say they'll want to move to Canada if Trump or Hillary wins don't actually know what Canada is like at all and most likely would have very different political views and honestly probably wouldn't like living here. When gay marriage became legal at a federal level a lot of people said that wanted to move to Canada... well, guess what? lol
lol.. i still do not like people say " Canadian bacon" at the pizza shops.. haha. sometimes i caught Canadians say that. for a long time, i didnt know canadian bacons=smoke ham for us. then there are small things like "restroom" VS "washroom".

the way i look at the election, its all the same.. Harper and Trudeau.. .Hillary or Trump.. we can only change ourselves; not the others. I dont expect Trudeau being much different than Harper.

I think many Americans have little knowledge about Canada. this happens even 10 years ago, while i drove to Seattle.. hit the border... the US side asked me how I got here; after he asked me where I live.. I said Nanaimo.. then i said i took the ferry. He wasnt impressed. looked like i was lying or something. "you took a boat to America?" i felt a little bid upset; but i knew it's a wrong place to raise your voice.. so i explained again; Nanaimo is on Vancouver Island... the only way to get to the Mainland is yes. by the boat and then drive another 30 mins on highway 99 southbound; then hit the border here. i didnt get any trouble.. but still, i think some people from America probably think B.C=Vancouver.. in the reality, BC size =WA+OR+CA.

to me, Americans aren't as chill as Canadians.. like i still get nervous; while i cross the US border.. dont know why.. your cops just look more scary.. despite i have traveled to the US well over 100 times. Canadian border only cares if you go over your duty limit.. lol...

well, tell you the truth, i am an immigrant myself, originally from China.. i only accidentally came to Canada to study, when I was young.. that's cuz right after 911. the US was hard to get in. i took SAT and i always thought i ended up in the US. but i never regret one day my decision of living here,

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Decoy24601 said:

I agree. i dont know if you watch that show call "border security" .. it's on the Canadian National Geography and youtube as well. might learn some tips.. there are a lot of cases that partners tried to meet up..

if CBSA has a doubt, they will call your Canadian side of spouse and even calls you into the counter. who knows.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
yijiequ said:
lol.. i still do not like people say " Canadian bacon" at the pizza shops.. haha. sometimes i caught Canadians say that. for a long time, i didnt know canadian bacons=smoke ham for us. then there are small things like "restroom" VS "washroom".

the way i look at the election, its all the same.. Harper and Trudeau.. .Hillary or Trump.. we can only change ourselves; not the others. I dont expect Trudeau being much different than Harper.

I think many Americans have little knowledge about Canada. this happens even 10 years ago, while i drove to Seattle.. hit the border... the US side asked me how I got here; after he asked me where I live.. I said Nanaimo.. then i said i took the ferry. He wasnt impressed. looked like i was lying or something. "you took a boat to America?" i felt a little bid upset; but i knew it's a wrong place to raise your voice.. so i explained again; Nanaimo is on Vancouver Island... the only way to get to the Mainland is yes. by the boat and then drive another 30 mins on highway 99 southbound; then hit the border here. i didnt get any trouble.. but still, i think some people from America probably think B.C=Vancouver.. in the reality, BC size =WA+OR+CA.

to me, Americans aren't as chill as Canadians.. like i still get nervous; while i cross the US border.. dont know why.. your cops just look more scary.. despite i have traveled to the US well over 100 times. Canadian border only cares if you go over your duty limit.. lol...

well, tell you the truth, i am an immigrant myself, originally from China.. i only accidentally came to Canada to study, when I was young.. that's cuz right after 911. the US was hard to get in. i took SAT and i always thought i ended up in the US. but i never regret one day my decision of living here,
our cops are really friendly and nice.we call bacon for smoked ham, we call a restroom a washroom but we are very nice human beings we are happy to see people from any nationality,color or religion if you are not a treat to our country.we welcome all with whole heart...

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Néed some advice guys.. After SA we have to apply for CSQ but on my application where I sign it also mentioned city. I'm now in Montreal so I'm wondering if I should put Montreal instead of Kingston Jamaica?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Stuntxd9 said:
Néed some advice guys.. After SA we have to apply for CSQ but on my application where I sign it also mentioned city. I'm now in Montreal so I'm wondering if I should put Montreal instead of Kingston Jamaica?
Is montreal your city of residence? Where you actually live? If so id put that.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
yijiequ said:

Politically, there is a very very big difference between Harper VS. Trudeau and Hillary VS. Trump. I wouldn't call it the same at all.

Eh, CBSA is only nicer to people who are PRs or Citizens. I have a harder time with them than US border security, but then again, I'm American. My Canadian in-laws actually get hassled more by CBSA than the American side.

Well, day 47 and no news. I was kind of hoping to see my PA side switch to "in process", but oh well. My SA side has been in process for a month now.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Decoy24601 said:
Politically, there is a very very big difference between Harper VS. Trudeau and Hillary VS. Trump. I wouldn't call it the same at all.

Eh, CBSA is only nicer to people who are PRs or Citizens. I have a harder time with them than US border security, but then again, I'm American. My Canadian in-laws actually get hassled more by CBSA than the American side.

Well, day 47 and no news. I was kind of hoping to see my PA side switch to "in process", but oh well. My SA side has been in process for a month now.
Hang in there Decoy! We're with you.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
wyho007 said:
Hang in there Decoy! We're with you.
Thank you! Hopefully, this week brings a big batch of SAs for us.

julies879

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
Doc's Request.
17-05-2016, sent same day
AOR Received.
27-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-02-2017
Is the 2016 outland spreadsheet gone? :eek: Or is my computer just wonky right now?

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Decoy24601 said:

I am with you too.. days 54.. lol