+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Gary_87 said:
Probably bes tto send it express post from Lithuania I guess. Courier it to Warsaw the day after she gets back so it is next day delivery. There is no real estimate on how long it'll take to return as it depends on backlog, how busy they are etc.

If she can get it to them before the 30 days (even within a couple days) its better than the stress of not having it returned and then needing to fly.

Just my opinio, but I also dont know your time frame.
Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply. They just e-mail us yesterday regarding the passport. 2017/Feb/09. Yea I think so too, its best to send it after she gets back to her country. I will just ask immigration for a extension of 5 - 10 days explaining she needs her passport to get back to her country. Thank you.

SoniaRat

Jan 9, 2017
wyho007 said:
DM on ECAS Jan 14
MYCIC updated to approved Jan 27
COPR received Feb 4

Please update file for me.
Hey, based on your dates mine should be coming soon as well, however i'm kind of concerned. People, tell me what you think: Warsaw office asked me for additional proof that I, as a sponsor, intend on going back to Canada. I sent everything they had requested around Jan 23. Today is Feb 12. Still no response. How long, based on your experience, does it normally take for them to communicate their final decision? Thansk a lot/

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
SoniaRat said:
Hey, based on your dates mine should be coming soon as well, however i'm kind of concerned. People, tell me what you think: Warsaw office asked me for additional proof that I, as a sponsor, intend on going back to Canada. I sent everything they had requested around Jan 23. Today is Feb 12. Still no response. How long, based on your experience, does it normally take for them to communicate their final decision? Thansk a lot/
You will not get a response. You can either wait until you get some decision or a further request or order your gcms notes which is recommended

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
SoniaRat said:
Different VO has their own timeline. The only way to know the status is by ordering notes. Since they've asked you for additional documents, the next thing you hear from them is approval/rejection (certainly hope it's the former).

Try reading the Spousal sponsorship re timeline of some Warsaw applicants.

SoniaRat

Jan 9, 2017
wyho007 said:
Different VO has their own timeline. The only way to know the status is by ordering notes. Since they've asked you for additional documents, the next thing you hear from them is approval/rejection (certainly hope it's the former).

Try reading the Spousal sponsorship re timeline of some Warsaw applicants.
Hello everyone, today I have received a request for passport! Does that mean my application has been approved?

milac

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA:27-05-2016 AOR2:03-06-2016
Interview........
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2017
SoniaRat said:
Hello everyone, today I have received a request for passport! Does that mean my application has been approved?
yes congrats

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hello, just would like your thoughts about this guys.

On 2017/FEB/09 we received a email from VO asking for my wife's Passport and is given 30 days to submit. We emailed them to ask a extension of 5 - 10 days to submit her passport, as my wife is currently with me in Canada and she will go back to Lithuania on 2017/March/07 (arriving to her country probably 2017/march/08) which mean she needs her passport to fly back. After she gets back to her country she will then send her passport to VO. They replied to us stating:

"This is in response to your e-mail.
Please be advised that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Certificate is valid till 11 March 2017 only. You need to obtain you permanent residence status before that date.
Please follow our instructions contained in the letter of 09 February 2017 and consider other options to deliver the requested documents.
We hope this is of assistance to you."

Does this mean they approved 5 day extension?

Also, on the other hand

"If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
· Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter."

Her country doesn't require a visa to enter Canada she just needs a eTA which she already applied for before coming to Canada to visit. Does this above quotation mean that we can just photocopy her passport and send it to them or is it best to send her physical passport?

Thank you.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ikkics said:
Hello, just would like your thoughts about this guys.

On 2017/FEB/09 we received a email from VO asking for my wife's Passport and is given 30 days to submit. We emailed them to ask a extension of 5 - 10 days to submit her passport, as my wife is currently with me in Canada and she will go back to Lithuania on 2017/March/07 (arriving to her country probably 2017/march/08) which mean she needs her passport to fly back. After she gets back to her country she will then send her passport to VO. They replied to us stating:

"This is in response to your e-mail.
Please be advised that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Certificate is valid till 11 March 2017 only. You need to obtain you permanent residence status before that date.
Please follow our instructions contained in the letter of 09 February 2017 and consider other options to deliver the requested documents.
We hope this is of assistance to you."

Does this mean they approved 5 day extension?
NO! The COPR is her approval paper she needs to land as a pr. It sounds like they are only giving her a short amount of time to land. the PPR instructions should have provided information for submitting her passport for processing if she is in Canada. I would recommend re-reading the passport request letter very carefully for those instructions or ask the visa office for how to process her passport while she's still in canada.

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
CDNPR2014 said:
NO! The COPR is her approval paper she needs to land as a pr. It sounds like they are only giving her a short amount of time to land. the PPR instructions should have provided information for submitting her passport for processing if she is in Canada. I would recommend re-reading the passport request letter very carefully for those instructions or ask the visa office for how to process her passport while she's still in canada.
Yeah we've read it again. And it seems like we are allowed to send a photocopy of her passport as her country doesn't need a visa to enter Canada. She just need to apply for a eTA which she already have.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
ikkics said:
Yeah we've read it again. And it seems like we are allowed to send a photocopy of her passport as her country doesn't need a visa to enter Canada. She just need to apply for a eTA which she already have.
VO shouldn't be sending passport request if applicant is visa exempt. Unless passport is expired or close to expiration.

Since COPR is expiring soon, make sure there's no miscommunication in between. Lots of trouble if applicant cannot land by the COPR expiration date.

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
wyho007 said:
VO shouldn't be sending passport request if applicant is visa exempt. Unless passport is expired or close to expiration.

Since COPR is expiring soon, make sure there's no miscommunication in between. Lots of trouble if applicant cannot land by the COPR expiration date.
ok so here is their step 2. (We have determined that she does not need a visa to enter Canada just need a eTA which she already have.)

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

· Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

· Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
· Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.

· All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
· Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

· Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.

· Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

They just sent a email on 2017/Feb/09 asking to send her Passport. Also, we determined that her country is visa except just need a eTA to travel which she already have. We just sent a photo copy of her passport (along side with the other requirements) since she needs her passport to fly back to Lithuania on 1st week of March 2017 as clearly stated on their instruction ( correct me if we are wrong for sending just photocopies on her passport? ) Also her passport is far from expiring.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
ikkics said:
ok so here is their step 2. (We have determined that she does not need a visa to enter Canada just need a eTA which she already have.)

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

· Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

· Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
· Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

· There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).

· Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.

· All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:

· Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

They just sent a email on 2017/Feb/09 asking to send her Passport. Also, we determined that her country is visa except just need a eTA to travel which she already have. We just sent a photo copy of her passport (along side with the other requirements) since she needs her passport to fly back to Lithuania on 1st week of March 2017 as clearly stated on their instruction ( correct me if we are wrong for sending just photocopies on her passport? ) Also her passport is far from expiring.
Clarification: is she going to Lithuania on the 1st of March to come back before the 11th? My thought is, they are wondering how you plan to meet this tight deadline. If they get the required documentation after the 1st, what time do they have to process and issue COPR?

My suggestion; since she is already in Canada, send the photocopy of passport data page and other documentation now, let the return address be here in Canada. Receive the COPR, preform landing activities (you can book appointment at the immigration office to perform landing) then she can travel to Lithuania as a Landed Immigrant.

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
xls said:
Clarification: is she going to Lithuania on the 1st of March to come back before the 11th? My thought is, they are wondering how you plan to meet this tight deadline. If they get the required documentation after the 1st, what time do they have to process and issue COPR?

My suggestion; since she is already in Canada, send the photocopy of passport data page and other documentation now, let the return address be here in Canada. Receive the COPR, preform landing activities (you can book appointment at the immigration office to perform landing) then she can travel to Lithuania as a Landed Immigrant.
Yes she is going back to lithuania 2017/Mar/07. We already sent the photocopy of passport and data page and other documentation yesterday to warsaw VO. how long do they usually send us something back?

milac

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
30-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA:27-05-2016 AOR2:03-06-2016
Interview........
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2017
i got an email today with an interview date of march 7th? do they provide interpreters and you pay them or do you have to find one of your own? pls someone respond as i only have 2 weeks to find one if i do!

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
milac said:
i got an email today with an interview date of march 7th? do they provide interpreters and you pay them or do you have to find one of your own? pls someone respond as i only have 2 weeks to find one if i do!
If I'm not mistaken, I believe you will have to arrange for your own interpreter.
I'll find a link for you, of 100 questions which can be asked at the interview.