+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2016 Citizenship Applicants

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Hi everyone. I got a letter from the Vancouver office to appear for the oath ceremony on September 27th. I wrote the exam on June 2nd if it helps anyone trying to figure out timelines. They did tell me then it would take 2-4 months, so they've just managed to squeeze me into that timeline. :D

All the best!!!

Ms.kaka

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenstumped said:
:D Hi everyone. I got a letter from the Vancouver office to appear for the oath ceremony on September 27th. I wrote the exam on June 2nd if it helps anyone trying to figure out timelines. They did tell me then it would take 2-4 months, so they've just managed to squeeze me into that timeline. :D

All the best!!!
Congrats west! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenstumped said:

All the best!!!
Congratulations, wenstumped! :)

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenstumped said:

All the best!!!
Congrats!!

RUCND

May 6, 2016
They said between 2 to 4 weeks. For Montreal office retest was done on August 17th for a test failed on june 20th.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RUCND said:
They said between 2 to 4 weeks. For Montreal office retest was done on August 17th for a test failed on june 20th.
I am March 2016 Applicant waiting for oath. Haven't heard anything from Montreal Office for the past 4 months after Decision Made. Waiting for Oath Invitation letter after passing test and interview in May.

when did u get your oath email ?

kingkong56

May 16, 2016
Congratulation wenstumped.

I was keeping eye on your dates as you are ahead of me ;). I have taken a risk and booked my 2016 Christmas vacation to Caribbean assuming by then I will be citizen and now feeling pressure as it will be tight game. Is there any process to expedite oath ceremony?

City: Vancouver
17 Apr 2016 Mailed
21 Apr 2016 Delivered at Sydney, NS
10 May 2016 AOR Received
16 May 2016 status Application received
13 Jul 2016 Test date[/size]
25 Jul 2016 Decision made
???? Oath ceremony.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkong56 said:
Congratulation wenstumped.

I was keeping eye on your dates as you are ahead of me ;). I have taken a risk and booked my 2016 Christmas vacation to Caribbean assuming by then I will be citizen and now feeling pressure as it will be tight game. Is there any process to expedite oath ceremony? With your timelines I think you should get it by October last week or November 1st week. So your planned vacation would not be a problem i suppose :)

City: Vancouver
17 Apr 2016 Mailed
21 Apr 2016 Delivered at Sydney, NS
10 May 2016 AOR Received
16 May 2016 status Application received
13 Jul 2016 Test date[/size]
25 Jul 2016 Decision made
???? Oath ceremony.
I don't think one can expedite oath ceremony? may be apply for ATIP ? just wondering if it triggers oath for people whose ecase shows Decision Made ? I had my file done in May at Montreal, still waiting for oath :(.

RUCND

May 6, 2016
march2016 said:
I am March 2016 Applicant waiting for oath. Haven't heard anything from Montreal Office for the past 4 months after Decision Made. Waiting for Oath Invitation letter after passing test and interview in May.

when did u get your oath email ?
We received on August 25th the Oath Invitation letter via email.

RUCND

May 6, 2016
Today we had our Oath ceremony. Our journey has finished.
Good luck to you all.

The forum was of big help giving us an idea of how process worked and what to expect.

Some details we can share in case some one else is in a similar situation.

Montreal office
Family of three
2 adults 1 minor
Minor got 18 on April 8th the next day application was mailed, applied as a minor.

Time line:
07 Apr 2016 Mailed
11 Apr 2016 Delivered at Sydney, NS
14 Apr 2016 AOR Received
19 Apr 2016 In process
20 Jun 2016 Test date (1 person failed)
26 Jun 2016 Decision made (2 out of 3, 1 remained in process)
26 Jul 2016 Letter for re-test sent
17 Aug 2016 Re-test
25 Aug 2016 Oath invite letter received via email
16 Sep 2016 Oath ceremony

Total processing time 158 days

ECAS
====

Two things to notice in ECAS that are not accurate:

1) The application was mailed on April 7th and from Canada post information received on April 11th

But ECAS shows:

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2016.

2) On September 16th 2016 (Oath day)

ECAS shows:
Status ECAS
2 applications - Decison made
1 applications - Still shows "In process" at oath day

Once you click In process or Decision made, you can see the information for oath:

5 - We sent you a notice on August 24, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship

We consider it was a standard application:
1) Travel days were more than enough
3) 12 years as PR
2) 10 years living at the same address
3) 14 years at the same job
4) Minimum travel days
(all three at the same place and for the same reason, funeral, weeding..etc)
5) PR replaced three times
6) PR card application sent a day after Citizenship application
7) Travel stamps did not need to be translated
8- Taxes and school records for kids sent as proof of residence

At time of interview we were never told if everything was ok or not, like they never said expect you oath letter on x months or weeks.
They only told us we pass (or failed) the test. We were interviewed individually and they very similar questions to all of us 3.
When test was failed they informed the re-test would be in 4 to 8 weeks.
When re-test invitation was received, there was a form to sign to specify if we want to keep our file together or separate it. We wanted to stay together (have Oath same day) so we filled the form, but since re-test was Passed the form was never give to CIC. They kept our file together anyways.

OATH
====
The time at the oath ceremony was around 2 and a half hours, from the time we arrived to the time we left.

Everything was organized and timed. ~ 90 persons taking the oath.

EXCEL sheet for the forum
=================
Some one else filled up our information and we appeared with a different Oath date.
some times we can by mistake overwrite someone's else information. Please be aware.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Good luck to you all.

march2016

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RUCND said:
Today we had our Oath ceremony. Our journey has finished.
Good luck to you all.

The forum was of big help giving us an idea of how process worked and what to expect.

Some details we can share in case some one else is in a similar situation.

Montreal office
Family of three
2 adults 1 minor
Minor got 18 on April 8th the next day application was mailed, applied as a minor.

Time line:
07 Apr 2016 Mailed
11 Apr 2016 Delivered at Sydney, NS
14 Apr 2016 AOR Received
19 Apr 2016 In process
20 Jun 2016 Test date (1 person failed)
26 Jun 2016 Decision made (2 out of 3, 1 remained in process)
26 Jul 2016 Letter for re-test sent
17 Aug 2016 Re-test
25 Aug 2016 Oath invite letter received via email
16 Sep 2016 Oath ceremony

Total processing time 158 days

ECAS
====

Two things to notice in ECAS that are not accurate:

1) The application was mailed on April 7th and from Canada post information received on April 11th

But ECAS shows:

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2016.

2) On September 16th 2016 (Oath day)

ECAS shows:
Status ECAS
2 applications - Decison made
1 applications - Still shows "In process" at oath day

Once you click In process or Decision made, you can see the information for oath:

5 - We sent you a notice on August 24, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship

We consider it was a standard application:
1) Travel days were more than enough
3) 12 years as PR
2) 10 years living at the same address
3) 14 years at the same job
4) Minimum travel days
(all three at the same place and for the same reason, funeral, weeding..etc)
5) PR replaced three times
6) PR card application sent a day after Citizenship application
7) Travel stamps did not need to be translated
8- Taxes and school records for kids sent as proof of residence

At time of interview we were never told if everything was ok or not, like they never said expect you oath letter on x months or weeks.
They only told us we pass (or failed) the test. We were interviewed individually and they very similar questions to all of us 3.
When test was failed they informed the re-test would be in 4 to 8 weeks.
When re-test invitation was received, there was a form to sign to specify if we want to keep our file together or separate it. We wanted to stay together (have Oath same day) so we filled the form, but since re-test was Passed the form was never give to CIC. They kept our file together anyways.

OATH
====
The time at the oath ceremony was around 2 and a half hours, from the time we arrived to the time we left.

Everything was organized and timed. ~ 90 persons taking the oath.

EXCEL sheet for the forum
=================
Some one else filled up our information and we appeared with a different Oath date.
some times we can by mistake overwrite someone's else information. Please be aware.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Good luck to you all.
Wow So detailed post. Hearty Congratulations on your successful journey Great contribution from you. Thank you very much.

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just checked my ecas today and it was DM after my re-test sept 13.. hopefully got my oath soon before 2017 coming..
Goodluck to us! :)