+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2016 Citizenship Applicants

kingkong56

May 16, 2016
Hi

I received the letter by post to appear for Test on 13th July 2016. While checking application status online, make sure you hit Citizenship application status e.g. "In Process" to see additional information like letter posted on xx-xx dates.

Good luck to all.

[size=8pt][size=10pt]City: Vancouver
17 Apr 2016 Mailed
21 Apr 2016 Delivered at Sydney, NS
10 May 2016 AOR Received
16 May 2016 status Application received
13 Jul 2016 Test date
[/size][/size[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]][/size][/size][/size][/size]

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Timeline update: CIC-Scarborough

April 21, 2016 Application sent thru Canada Post Xpresspost
April 25, 2016 Application received (CIC Sydney, NS)
May 3, 2016 AOR received
May 6, 2016 eCAS active (waiting for "in process" status, still shows "application received")
May 9, 2016 In process (eCAS changed to 'in process" status today, May 12)
Jun 3, 2016 Received test invite for June 23, 2016 (dated June 1, 2016)
Jun 23, 2016 Citizenship Test
Jun 26, 2016 Decision Made (eCAS changed to "decision made" today, June 26)

Today is the 62nd day since CIC-Nova Scotia received my application.

Hoping to get the oath invite soon. :)

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

A Happy Canada Day indeed!! :)

Got my oath of citizenship invite today in the mailbox. Oath date will be on the 14th July.

Total number of processing days since CIC-Nova Scotia received my application: 80 days

Kudos to the staff of CIC!

Good luck to everyone and God bless.

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joseph18 said:
Hi everyone,

A Happy Canada Day indeed!! :)

Got my oath of citizenship invite today in the mailbox. Oath date will be on the 14th July.

Total number of processing days since CIC-Nova Scotia received my application: 80 days

Kudos to the staff of CIC!

Good luck to everyone and God bless.
Congratulations Joseph18!!! I'm guessing mine will arrive in the next month or so as Vancouver seems to be a bit slower with rolling out the oath dates. All the best for the 14th ;D

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenstumped said:
Congratulations Joseph18!!! I'm guessing mine will arrive in the next month or so as Vancouver seems to be a bit slower with rolling out the oath dates. All the best for the 14th ;D
Thank you very much, Wenstumped! :)
I was actually surprised that Scarborough office processed mine this fast. I hope you get yours soon. All the best to you as well! Cheers.

RUCND

May 6, 2016
Time line for citizenship application sent on april 2016

1 - We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2016.
2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 14, 2016.
3 We started processing your application on April 19, 2016.
4 We sent you a notice on May 24, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Exam on June 20th 2016 - Passed - ECAS now in DECISION MADE

Reading about the Canada Post and IRCC now we wait :(

Citizenship and immigration applications: documentation
Until IRCC resumes using Canada Post mail services, we will contact you by phone or email if we need additional documents to process your application; and a delay would cause problems.
If we contact you for these documents, follow the instructions we provide. You may need to send the documents by email, by alternate courier or through our Web form. We will accept electronic copies of correspondence or documents where legally possible. We reserve the right to request original documentation at any point.

Citizenship applications

Citizenship
We will email or call you to schedule citizenship-related events. If you are unable to contact us to let us know you are not available for an event, we will reschedule you for another date or event.y

Citizenship decision letters will be sent by an alternative courier.

UPDATE

IRCC has resumed using Canada Post mail services
Effective July 11, 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has resumed normal processing procedures for applications using Canada Post mail services. We have resumed sending documents by mail. All documents held during the special measures will now be sent.
We are monitoring the Canada Post situation and will provide new instructions as needed.

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RUCND said:
Time line for citizenship application sent on april 2016

1 - We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2016.
2 We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 14, 2016.
3 We started processing your application on April 19, 2016.
4 We sent you a notice on May 24, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Exam on June 20th 2016 - Passed - ECAS now in DECISION MADE

Reading about the Canada Post and IRCC now we wait :(

Citizenship and immigration applications: documentation
Until IRCC resumes using Canada Post mail services, we will contact you by phone or email if we need additional documents to process your application; and a delay would cause problems.
If we contact you for these documents, follow the instructions we provide. You may need to send the documents by email, by alternate courier or through our Web form. We will accept electronic copies of correspondence or documents where legally possible. We reserve the right to request original documentation at any point.

Citizenship applications

Citizenship
We will email or call you to schedule citizenship-related events. If you are unable to contact us to let us know you are not available for an event, we will reschedule you for another date or event.y

Citizenship decision letters will be sent by an alternative courier.

UPDATE

IRCC has resumed using Canada Post mail services
Effective July 11, 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has resumed normal processing procedures for applications using Canada Post mail services. We have resumed sending documents by mail. All documents held during the special measures will now be sent.
We are monitoring the Canada Post situation and will provide new instructions as needed.
Hi RUCND,

What is your local CIC office?

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi April applicants,

Just sharing that I am officially a Canadian now. Thanks to all of you and good luck! :)

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Today, my eCAS was updated to COMPLETE!

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 25, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on May 9, 2016.
4. We sent you a notice on June 1, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
5. We sent you a notice on June 28, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 14, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 14, 2016.

The next and final step is to apply for a Canadian passport.

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any news or updates here from anybody? I'm at the Vancouver office so I expect mine to take a bit longer but I would have thought a few others would have received their letters and invites by now? All the best!

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,

I receive a letter july 20, 2016 to appear the test on August 10, 2016 at 7:45am in missisuaga.. and I just changed my address from Toronto to Scarborough a week ago before receiving the letter to my new address i thought that Im having trouble with changing the address.
Its a quite fast now..

GODBLESS to us! I put my time line below..

kingkong56

May 16, 2016
I don't know why Vancouver office is taking longer time then rest of Canada. :mad:
After I passed my test they said in 2 to 3 months I will get letter to take an oath. I hope they speed up the process.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse citizenship application time line
Application sent: 08 APRIL
Application Received :11 April
AOR: 14 April
InProcess: 02 May
Test: 12 Aug
Oath: 12 Sep
City: Mississauga