+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2016 Citizenship Applicants

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all ;D

I gave my citizenship test this morning and had the interview about an hour later. Everything went smoothly and the test is quite easy if you go through 'Discover Canada' a couple of times. There were no trick questions or anything to trip anyone up. I got a perfect 20/20. You get 30 minutes to write the test but some candidates finished in 5 minutes. I took 10 to make sure I had correctly marked all my answers.

The interview was quick, the interviewer asked a few quick questions about where I work, travel history etc, checked my original documents and told me I would get a mail regarding the Oath ceremony in the next 2-4 months.

So I'm now back to waiting and checking the mailbox everyday. No updates on ecas yet but I wasn't really expecting one given that I only completed this step a couple of hours ago.

All the best everyone!

kingkong56

May 16, 2016
Thank you "wenstumped" for sharing your experience. I am feeling more confident for remaining process to become citizen.

Good luck for your future adventures.

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello April applicants! :)

I would just like to share that I received my test invite letter today in the mailbox when I got home from work (dated June 1, 2016). My test will be on the 23rd of this month at Scarborough CIC office. I am quite impressed on how fast they processed my application. I hope it will be the same for everyone.

It is time to read the book to get ready for the test and I think 20 days should be more than enough to prepare for it.

Good luck to all and I will update my timeline after I take my test.

Cheers! :)

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eCAS updated today. It shows:

We sent you a notice on June 1, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joseph18 said:
eCAS updated today. It shows:

We sent you a notice on June 1, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Thats so fast.. your lucky..

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
wenstumped said:
Hello all ;D

I gave my citizenship test this morning and had the interview about an hour later. Everything went smoothly and the test is quite easy if you go through 'Discover Canada' a couple of times. There were no trick questions or anything to trip anyone up. I got a perfect 20/20. You get 30 minutes to write the test but some candidates finished in 5 minutes. I took 10 to make sure I had correctly marked all my answers.

The interview was quick, the interviewer asked a few quick questions about where I work, travel history etc, checked my original documents and told me I would get a mail regarding the Oath ceremony in the next 2-4 months.

So I'm now back to waiting and checking the mailbox everyday. No updates on ecas yet but I wasn't really expecting one given that I only completed this step a couple of hours ago.

All the best everyone!
Congrats Wendy! :) Not sure if you remember me from our old FSW PR thread ;p

We took our test yesterday. 20/20 for both of us too - went really well (the test was way easier than I thought it would be). We were told 1 to 2 months for the ceremony, will have to wait and see.

Our ECAS seems screwed, we are still stuck on "We started processing your application on ..." even though they sent our test invites back in April. Hoping it updates with "Decision Made" pretty soon, I think the guy stamped the "APPROVED" on the application whilst we were there.

Wayne

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Congrats Wendy! :) Not sure if you remember me from our old FSW PR thread ;p

We took our test yesterday. 20/20 for both of us too - went really well (the test was way easier than I thought it would be). We were told 1 to 2 months for the ceremony, will have to wait and see.

Our ECAS seems screwed, we are still stuck on "We started processing your application on ..." even though they sent our test invites back in April. Hoping it updates with "Decision Made" pretty soon, I think the guy stamped the "APPROVED" on the application whilst we were there.

Wayne
Congrats to you too Wayne and yes, I do remember you from our FSW days. I have been reading your updates on the Feb 2016 page and I was using your timelines as a reference for the progress of my own application. I think your ecas just hasn't been updated but it may just jump directly to 'decision made' in a few days. Mine changed to DM about 4 days after the test but we did have the weekend in between. I suppose it's back to checking the mailbox everyday for the invite for now.

All the best and it's good to hear from you. :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
wenstumped said:
Congrats to you too Wayne and yes, I do remember you from our FSW days. I have been reading your updates on the Feb 2016 page and I was using your timelines as a reference for the progress of my own application. I think your ecas just hasn't been updated but it may just jump directly to 'decision made' in a few days. Mine changed to DM about 4 days after the test but we did have the weekend in between. I suppose it's back to checking the mailbox everyday for the invite for now.

All the best and it's good to hear from you. :)
Hi Wendy thanks for the update :)

Yes we have someone from the Feb 2016 list who is also Vancouver office (we are Surrey office). Vancouver seem very quick to issue Cit tests (her app arrived pretty much the same day as ours, and yet got the cit test 7 weeks earlier than us) in comparison to Surrey. But she is still waiting for Oath invite.

Given most of the time they approve the application on the spot I don't understand the delay in sending Oath invites out. I mean even if the actual oath ceremony is several months down the line they should still be able to tell you the date in a timely fashion after Decision Made?

We are expecting our first child in December, and so were hoping to go on a cruise in August since it'll be our last holiday with just the 2 of us. However, we currently can't book anything until we know when the Oath ceremony will be.

Wayne

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi Wendy thanks for the update :)

Yes we have someone from the Feb 2016 list who is also Vancouver office (we are Surrey office). Vancouver seem very quick to issue Cit tests (her app arrived pretty much the same day as ours, and yet got the cit test 7 weeks earlier than us) in comparison to Surrey. But she is still waiting for Oath invite.

Given most of the time they approve the application on the spot I don't understand the delay in sending Oath invites out. I mean even if the actual oath ceremony is several months down the line they should still be able to tell you the date in a timely fashion after Decision Made?

We are expecting our first child in December, and so were hoping to go on a cruise in August since it'll be our last holiday with just the 2 of us. However, we currently can't book anything until we know when the Oath ceremony will be.

Wayne
Congratulations again Wayne! Hopefully, we'll get the oath invites soon so you can head out and enjoy a nice cruise. :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
kingkong56 said:
No movements for Vancouver applications :'(
I was hopeful that 2016 Canada day I will be citizen.....
I am early Feb 2016 applicant and didn't get cit test until June (Surrey office seem slower than Vancouver in that regard), so although we're still hoping to get in for the Canada Day ceremonies (there's one round the corner from us in Fort Langley), it's kind of looking like a long shot now.

Apparently they have to give 2 weeks notice of the oath ceremony BUT because of the slow way CIC post works, it might take a week to actually get to you.
Therefore I think people have until this Friday to receive notice for attending a Canada Day citizenship ceremony.

Wayne

joseph18

Star Member
Apr 30, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again everyone,

I just had my citizenship test this morning at CIC Scarborough and it went very well and was able to finish it in less than 5 minutes (20/20). Like what the others said about the test, it was fairly easy and pretty straight forward. I suggest that you go through the reviewer, Discover Canada, at least once and do some online practice tests.

As for the interview, it only took me 5 minutes and was told by the officer that I will get my oath invite in 2-4 months. Basically, she just asked me about my job and the number of times I left Canada.

Now, the waiting game starts again. But at least it is very relieving to know that this is the final stretch of the whole process.

Will update again once eCAS changes to "decision made".

Cheers! :)