+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applying for the passports tomorrow. E-Cas finally updated today showing the application status "Complete" with item no.5 stating "you became a Canadian citizen on January 29, 2016"
Yippee! :)

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
april2015 said:
I carried pretty much all these documents both for the test / interview and to the oath ceremony since the oath ceremony letter mentioned to bring the originals of all the documents you submitted at the time of the application, though they never checked anything at both the occasions, as it varies from case to case.
Hi, but did they list this stuff on your letter? I'm concerned since I don't have my previous land lord's rental agreement anymore and i have moved provinces since then.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it did not specifically list the documents, just said bring all the originals. I was wondering didn't they ask you for this during your test / interview? Asking for the rental agreements and other stuff on the final stage of the citizenship process sounds kinda weird, may be they have some doubts which they wanna clarify by asking you to substantiate your submission?

Sunny88 said:
Hi, but did they list this stuff on your letter? I'm concerned since I don't have my previous land lord's rental agreement anymore and i have moved provinces since then.

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good and Bad news!

So we passed the test today and interview went super fine and the officer was satisfied and he told us that the oath would be within 2 months. Later after we got home, the officer called and said we had to fill in a Residence Questionnaire! It was triggered by my residency threshold which was 2 days above the required days.

Can someone share their similar experiences and advise on which documents to supply?

Thanks and best of luck to you all.

Soos

Aug 6, 2015
Alas,,,, :)

(1)We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2015.
(2)We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 8, 2015.
(3)We started processing your application on August 10, 2015.
(4)We sent you a notice on November 4, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 23, 2015 at 4:00 PM.

(5)We sent you a notice on February 5, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 27, 2016 at 10:30 AM.

Congrats to all who got the oath and best of luck to who is still waiting. Keep the faith ;)

Anevatia

Jun 23, 2015
Toronto (GTA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

My Oath Ceremony was on Fri Feb 5th and all went well. The ceremonny was specially arranged at a chinese mall to mark the start of the chinese new year... a big step by Canada govt to drive home the point of diversity and acceptance of all cultures... so proud to be a canadian....

I can apply for my passport earliest on Wednesday Feb 10th (48 business hrs after oath)

thanks to all for sharing your status and progress... it has certainly benefitted me ... shows the power of collective sharing!! Good luck everyone

amouch

Jul 3, 2015
Hey
I am sharing my experience with you guys ! i am an April applicant and i am so happy to announce that my journey is almost done!
So after a lot of doubts and frustrations ! i received my test invite for feb 3 and i passed 20/20 . i didn't read the book but i used an app online!
very helpful.
But the good new is i received a Decision made in the same day! isn't that incredible!? specially the Scarborough office is the busiest !
So my ceremony will in the 19 th of feb. can't wait to be Canadian

Good luck everyone!

CCanadaa

Jan 27, 2016
amouch said:
Hey
I am sharing my experience with you guys ! i am an April applicant and i am so happy to announce that my journey is almost done!
So after a lot of doubts and frustrations ! i received my test invite for feb 3 and i passed 20/20 . i didn't read the book but i used an app online!
very helpful.
But the good new is i received a Decision made in the same day! isn't that incredible!? specially the Scarborough office is the busiest !

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations, could you please tell us the name of the app that you used for test preparation?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
amouch said:
Hey
very helpful.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats !!! For the benefit of other users, would you mind sharing the Apps name you used to prepare for the Citizenship test please ?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
All,

My journey is over now, I got the "You became a citizen..." line in my Ecas, I received my passport today with Canada Post (only a week after applying) ! And everything was smooth.

Thanks for everyone on this forum for sharing their stories, information, timelines, this helped alot going through the stressful exercise of wait !

Good luck to all those who are still waiting for the test and for the Oath, hopefully it's just a matter of time before everyone around this forum will become a citizen.

Thanks again for all the support.

Cheers,

amouch

Jul 3, 2015
Hey friends,
The app i used to prepare for my citizenship is called Canadian Citizenship Quiz by OCASI.(the logo: A beaver holding a pencil with his teeth)
It is very helpful and i was surprised because the questions were pretty much the same.
Good luck and study hard!
Cheers!

buckshot

Feb 10, 2016
Dears,

I need your advice please. I became a PR in OCT 2012 as skilled immigrant. And stayed in Canada until Aug 2013 with an approximate 300 days.
During that time I was volunteering for Canadian Red Cross and after that I got a job in Ghana for a Canadian International development agency fund from Ottawa and stayed in a disaster area of Ghana for a year until Sept 2013. Then from there after a two month break I got a job working in rural Afghanistan for a Canadian project to reduce maternal mortality and I am still currently there, I had few trips in between to Canada. And in March 2015 I applied for the Citizenship with a help of a lawyer and last month i.e. Jan 2016, I was invited for the test.

I completed and passed the test in Mississauga as I came on an emergency basis to come back to the country, but the officer was so rude that he kept trying me persuade me to withdraw my application but I insisted and he gave me a RQ and now my case shall go to the judge. I did not expect that kind of a treatment for sure. He didnt even read my file or my contributions in hard places for the Government grants and just made up his mind after seeing the days.

I like to also mention that I have 2 masters degree, one from Canada from distance learning, and I am also fluent in French and English. I am unmarried and 32 yrs old with no kids and I also have an aunt and Uncle in Canada.

So I kindly have few questions, if anyone can please assist me:

1) What are my chances with 300 days of presence, but I have worked on Canadian projects in disaster and War areas for 3 and half years. The projects are worth $ 45 million. I have all my papers and visa copies to prove this.

2) How long will the hearing take me? As without citizenship I cannot apply for high level jobs in Canada? Even though I am completely qualified with my field experiences and languages.

3) Why did they invite me to the test if they had a problem with the number of days?

Here is my timeline:

March 2015: Applied
Jan 2016: Invited for Test and passed
Jan 2016: RQ received
Feb 2016 ( hopefully): RQ sent

I shall really appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Buckshot

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
passed the test today... 19/20 at Mississauga.. interview went ok...hope for the best for next steps

Dawn5095

Feb 23, 2013
Finally had the Oth at Feb 9 in Calgary, was excited for the day and now it feels good to be a Canadian :)

I found this thread was very helpful and THANKS to all for sharing the valuable info.

Signing out.......Thanks again.

Dawn