Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
josephdadreamer said:
Lucky you !!! Good luck on your test!!..

Thank You.

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ecas update: I have my test and oath booked on Feb 17th. Yayyyy. I have my MBA exam tomorrow but after that I'm going to devote about 25 solid hours to making sure I know the citizenship test book inside out.

If anyone can give me some questions or links where i can do practice tests I would appreciate it :)

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i used this one to practice and i got 19.

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/mobile/

Congratulations and good luck

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations so happy for you . enfin lol :D

Babi22 said:
Finally Canadian citizen :))) The ceremony was good, 380 applicant from 42 countries. Feeling proud and happy that this citizenship application process saga had come to an end.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for his test / oath.

Cheers,

Anevatia

Jun 23, 2015
Toronto (GTA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test and Oath on same day?? Which location is that?

My brother is waiting for his test date... We are in Toronto... and his file is in process since early August.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Anevatia said:
Test and Oath on same day?? Which location is that?

My brother is waiting for his test date... We are in Toronto... and his file is in process since early August.
She's from Yellowknife

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
feanher40 said:
WWOOOOOWWW!! 380!! that is a lot of people lol....Mine were like 56 or so!!! Anyways, Congratulations!! The saga and the wait is over!!

Now get ready to ask for your passport on Monday! :).

If it helps (and you want to save more time) DO NOT go to passport canada downtown!! Check passport canada page and go to another outlet...where you can get your application done in less than one hour, instead of waiting for half day in the line to be called! :)

Congrats again!
Hi feanher40, thanks for the tip. I was going to go to Passport Canada downtown, but reading your post, will go to Saint Laurent's one, it will be easier to park the car as well.

Thanks again :)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
cassied said:
Congratulations so happy for you . enfin lol :D
Thanks cassied, oui, enfin :) now will be applying for the passport this Monday... hopefully they will have me on the system...

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The citizenship journey is now over after attending the wonderful citizenship ceremony this morning at Mississauga where around 150 people became proud new Canadians :)
It was great to interact with you all and thank you so much for sharing such useful information that definitely helped a lot in this entire journey, God bless you all and best of luck to all who are waiting in line.

"We were categorically advised today to wait for 2 business days starting Monday and apply for the passport only on Wednesday or after."

Feeling proud today to be a Canadian finally :)

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all new Canadians :)

I have a question:

My family and I are scheduled to write the test in Mississauga on Feb 3rd. In the invitation letter, they asked for the original documents that we copied in our applications.

My questions is: is it a good idea to bring more supportive documents like Notice of assessments, pay stubs, credit card statements, lease contracts, etc. for the officer to check?

Has anyone been asked to provide more documents during or after the interview other that the originals that were copied with the application? We have only left the country for 3 short trips in the 3-year period.

I need your experiences please.

Thank you and wish you all the best.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Cairo said:
Congratulations to all new Canadians :)

I have a question:

My family and I are scheduled to write the test in Mississauga on Feb 3rd. In the invitation letter, they asked for the original documents that we copied in our applications.

My questions is: is it a good idea to bring more supportive documents like Notice of assessments, pay stubs, credit card statements, lease contracts, etc. for the officer to check?

Has anyone been asked to provide more documents during or after the interview other that the originals that were copied with the application? We have only left the country for 3 short trips in the 3-year period.

I need your experiences please.

Thank you and wish you all the best.
If you take all the originals per the invitation letter, that's sufficient.

CIC ask candidates to bring all original passports (current and expired), Landing Certificate, PR card, Health Card, optionally your driving license, couple of letters as proof of address, such as bank statements, cell phone bills etc.

If you take copies of supporting documents such as Tax Assessment Etc, its good to have but not required though.

CIC officer check the originals to verify with the copies you had submitted with your application. They does not take any originals.

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
If you take all the originals per the invitation letter, that's sufficient.

CIC ask candidates to bring all original passports (current and expired), Landing Certificate, PR card, Health Card, optionally your driving license, couple of letters as proof of address, such as bank statements, cell phone bills etc.

If you take copies of supporting documents such as Tax Assessment Etc, its good to have but not required though.

CIC officer check the originals to verify with the copies you had submitted with your application. They does not take any originals.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will travel light then :)

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
finally the following appeared for me

We sent you a notice on January 28, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

On my oath letter they wrote that I should bring the following for the past 4 years:

1) Notice of assessment.
2) Letter from place of employment showing start and finish dates-from current and previous employment.
3) Copies of rental agreements.
4) School records for the past 4 years

Does everyone have to bring this stuff at the oath ceremony?

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I carried pretty much all these documents both for the test / interview and to the oath ceremony since the oath ceremony letter mentioned to bring the originals of all the documents you submitted at the time of the application, though they never checked anything at both the occasions, as it varies from case to case.

Sunny88 said:
Hi guys,

On my oath letter they wrote that I should bring the following for the past 4 years:

1) Notice of assessment.
2) Letter from place of employment showing start and finish dates-from current and previous employment.
3) Copies of rental agreements.
4) School records for the past 4 years

Does everyone have to bring this stuff at the oath ceremony?