cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
Thanks cassied,

Really don't know what I should do, I think I will try and change my ticket to be back to Montreal a few days earlier. I don't think it's worth the risk, just trying to imagine the headache it will be if I miss this ceremony....
Good idea.

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Congrats Babi22,

Since my timeline is same as yours , I hope that I get oath soon . Look like that Vancouver is very slower than other offices

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Babi22 said:
WOOHOOOOO

We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Here it is, finally... Just confirmed with my wife back home that we received in our mailbox a letter invite as well. :)

Now the problem is I am out of Canada but should be landing back in Montreal on the 25th Jan evening ! Worrying if there is any flight delay / cancellation, any winter storm or a such I might miss my Oath ! Will I / Will I not change my return to an earlier date ? Hummm

- Looking at my timeline from DM to Oath notice, for Montreal, it seems that on Jan 4th, they were inviting people whose got DM around Nov 21st. So all Montreal applicants with DM around end Nov and Dec should receive Oath invite in the coming 4 weeks. Good luck to everyone.
Congrats !!!

If I were in your place, I would have advanced my journey by couple of days to avoid any risk. You're right, considering the inclement of weather and any other unforeseeable reason if there is delay in reaching it's NOT worth.

Hope you reach couple of days before your actual oath, rest, arrange all doc's and go peacefully for your Oath. Congrats Again !!!

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
eaglesky said:
Congrats Babi22,

Since my timeline is same as yours , I hope that I get oath soon . Look like that Vancouver is very slower than other offices
Thanks eaglesky,

I still remember when Vancouver office was the fastest (before summer time) but it seems it slowed down a bit the last few months. When did you get DM for your status ? Hopefully you will get your Oath letter very soon.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Hello April friends! I'm from the May forum and just had a few questions for the OTTAWA folks:

1) anyone from April still pending an oath date?
2) did your status on ecas change to DM after you had your test? (Mind didn't)
3) how long after the test did you get your oath invite? By mail? Ecas? Email?
4) did your ecas go from IN PROCESS to oath right away?

I would really appreciate your feedback!!! My timeline is in my signature FYI

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!

If I were in your place, I would have advanced my journey by couple of days to avoid any risk. You're right, considering the inclement of weather and any other unforeseeable reason if there is delay in reaching it's NOT worth.

Hope you reach couple of days before your actual oath, rest, arrange all doc's and go peacefully for your Oath. Congrats Again !!!
Thanks alot Cannadiandesi2006. I think this is the wisest decision to make. Just checked with the Airline company and there is a 700$ fee to change the ticket. I think I will just go ahead and try to change my return. Having few days of buffer is always better than risking all of it...

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
nncs said:
Hello April friends! I'm from the May forum and just had a few questions for the OTTAWA folks:

Hi nncs,

Seems only 4 Ottawa applicants in this April thread. And looks like all of them did their test early Nov but they are still waiting for the Oath. Not sure about if they got DM or not.

Check the April spread sheet below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d5xYHj_QML5EznRlBfgikWLwBblfML2M7xZUtIYouMs/edit?pli=1#gid=0

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Babi22 said:
Thanks eaglesky,

I still remember when Vancouver office was the fastest (before summer time) but it seems it slowed down a bit the last few months. When did you get DM for your status ? Hopefully you will get your Oath letter very soon.
I got DM on Oct 20th , It will come soon. ;D

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Got oath date for Jan 22..............Ottawa office ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congrats tiarachel85 :)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
eaglesky said:
I got DM on Oct 20th , It will come soon. ;D
AH ok, hopefully it will be very soon

Did you try to find some timelines on this forum for applicants from Vancouver office ? This will help you "predict" when your Oath will be.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
tiarachel85 said:
Got oath date for Jan 22..............Ottawa office ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congrats tiarachel85! just wondering, did you get a DM after you did your test? if yes, how long after the test?
OR, did it just go straight from "in process" to Oath?

I did my test on Dec 3 and it's still "in process".... just wondering about the Ottawa office trend.

ajay9099

Nov 28, 2011
Hello Babi22,

I did my citizenship test in Montreal on nov. 2, 2015 and got request for finger prints after that in november end. I gave fingerprints on 19 December and have not heard at all from them after that. Do you have any idea how much time does it normally take to hear any update after the fingerprints.

Babi22 said:
AH ok, hopefully it will be very soon

Did you try to find some timelines on this forum for applicants from Vancouver office ? This will help you "predict" when your Oath will be.

Mm71

Mar 11, 2015
nncs said:

I'm from May. I sat my test on Dec 2nd and received oath invitation on Dec 11th. But the date conflicted with my final exam so I requested for reschedule. I received new invitation on 8th Jan. The new date is 19th Jan. So I'll be a Canadian next week!
p.s My ECAS is still "IN PROCESS"

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hi Folks,

Finally I am going to have the test this coming Friday, except these documents, is there any other document you suggest I take to the test?

- My Canadian university degree (As proof of language)
- Current and old passports
- Translation of all non english stamps in passport
- PR Card
- Record of Landing
- Driver License
- Health Card

And invitation for the test...

Also how long do you know it takes for Scarborough applicants to get decision made status after test?

Thanks