Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
ss_2015 said:
Do I need to bring pen, pencil for test? Should I leave my cell phone at home?

Other than original of documents sent with my application any other thing I need to bring?

Thanks
CIC would provide you the test paper and the "Pencil" . You are required to use the Pencil Only for computer to read your answers.

However, you need to carry your pen to fill out the other forms.....

Wish you all the best.

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
Hello Babi22,

I got the letter on the 30 or 31 of Dec but I opened my letter box on Jan 1 and got surprised with the letter. I was afraid that this is an RQ but when I open the letter it was the confirmation of oath.
My ecas is updated as well wit the date and time.

I have changed my trip and paid 400$ of modification so basically my oath is on Friday Jan 15 at 9am. I will go on monday to Canada Passport to fill the application as urgent and hopefully to get it on wednesday because my trip is on thursday Jan 22 in the evening.

I have a quick question regarding the naming. On my PR card and other government card, my name is A B C.... is there a way to have it on the passport as First and last name only without the middle name so A C?
On my citizenship certificate it will be the full name with the middle.

From your side do you have someone checing your letters at home because another friend of mine got the oath same date as me and he did the test 2 days later than us.

Best of lucks

Ali

Babi22 said:
Heyyy Alissone, congratsssss :) :) :)

When you say you got it today, what do you mean ? We are January 1st! you got an update on your Ecas ?
I am positively and negatively stressed now, we took the test the same date but my DM came a week after yours. I am out of Canada until January 25th.... hopefully I will get my Oath invite for a date right after I arrive back home... Otherwise I will need to find a solution.

As you said, just change your tickets, you will - I guess - have fees to pay but I think it worth the hassle :)

Just be careful concerning your passport application. I have a friend who took her Oath last summer in Montreal (in the morning), she could apply for her passport the same day, she was surprised but lucky that her name was already in the system and she could get her passport the next day.

My wife however, we went right after her Oath (last summer too, oath in the afternoon) to apply for the passport but she was not in the system and could not apply. Even the next day she was not there yet. It really took 2 days for my wife to have her name in the system. She applied for normal passport application and was surprised to get it by mail after just one week !

I guess, to be on the safe side, just give yourself a buffer of at least 2 to 3 biz days. You usually can get your passport the next day when you apply for urgent processing.

Another advise, you can go ahead and fill your passport application from now, gather the required documents, you will need a guarantor and 4 references. Ideally you should have these references and the guarantor in the same province so they will be easily reachable if Passport Canada want to contact them.

Very happy for you, congrats again.

rupi20

May 13, 2015
Hi,

I passed the test yesterday at mississauga office.

Any idea how long mississauga office take to send oath letter?

Application received: 16 April, 2015
AOR Email: 13 May, 2015
In process: 28 July, 2015
Fingerprints requested: 13 Nov, 2015
Test on: 6 Jan, 2016 (passed)

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012
rupi20 said:
Hi,

I passed the test yesterday at mississauga office.

Any idea how long mississauga office take to send oath letter?

Application received: 16 April, 2015
AOR Email: 13 May, 2015
In process: 28 July, 2015
Fingerprints requested: 13 Nov, 2015
Test on: 6 Jan, 2016 (passed)
mississauga office is not consistent on timeline after test. I passed a month ago, no update yet. so u better monitor this thread to guess ur expected oath date.

HOSN

Jun 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zafari said:
mississauga office is not consistent on timeline after test. I passed a month ago, no update yet. so u better monitor this thread to guess ur expected oath date.
I also passed the test in Mississauga on 10-Dec-2015 and waiting for the oath date.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
alissone007 said:
Hello Babi22,

I got the letter on the 30 or 31 of Dec but I opened my letter box on Jan 1 and got surprised with the letter. I was afraid that this is an RQ but when I open the letter it was the confirmation of oath.
My ecas is updated as well wit the date and time.

I have changed my trip and paid 400$ of modification so basically my oath is on Friday Jan 15 at 9am. I will go on monday to Canada Passport to fill the application as urgent and hopefully to get it on wednesday because my trip is on thursday Jan 22 in the evening.

I have a quick question regarding the naming. On my PR card and other government card, my name is A B C.... is there a way to have it on the passport as First and last name only without the middle name so A C?
On my citizenship certificate it will be the full name with the middle.

From your side do you have someone checing your letters at home because another friend of mine got the oath same date as me and he did the test 2 days later than us.

Best of lucks

Ali
Hi Ali,

Thanks for the answer. I will keep checking my emails and Ecas in case of an update. Yes there is my wife at home checking the mailbox everyday, so far nothing arrived yet. I do expect something this week or next week. I just hope I will not receive anything until I come back home :)

As you have your Oath in the morning, I advise you to fill your passport application from now, make sure your 4 references are available if they receive a call from Passport Canada, get everything ready then go and try to apply the same day late in the afternoon, right before they close. As I mentioned earlier a friend of mine had her Oath in the morning and applied for her passport the same day. Who knows, you might be as lucky as her :)
But in any case, even if you wait the required 48 hrs, you will still be able to apply on Tuesday and get your passport the next day (Wednesday) or worse case scenario Thursday. So if you are only flying Thursday evening, you are more than good then.

For your passport application, I think yes you can skip your middle name. But to be sure, just give Passport Canada a quick call, they are really helpful answering these questions (No, they do not tell you call back in 6 months or 3 years if you are none routine lol)

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
Hey Babi

I hope you will get it when you get back to Canada :)
I called passport canada and they said I need to bring an government ID that has my first and last name on it. In my case all the ID are with my middle name:(
I called the SAAQ to have it changed but they said it take 10 business day to receive the card and they delay is short since I will be applying in like 1 week for the passport.

I had to think about it before and not now :(
For the passport reference they ask for 2 reference and 1 guarantor. You sure it's 4? because on the form they mention 2 reference.

Regards,

Ali

Babi22 said:
Hi Ali,

Thanks for the answer. I will keep checking my emails and Ecas in case of an update. Yes there is my wife at home checking the mailbox everyday, so far nothing arrived yet. I do expect something this week or next week. I just hope I will not receive anything until I come back home :)

As you have your Oath in the morning, I advise you to fill your passport application from now, make sure your 4 references are available if they receive a call from Passport Canada, get everything ready then go and try to apply the same day late in the afternoon, right before they close. As I mentioned earlier a friend of mine had her Oath in the morning and applied for her passport the same day. Who knows, you might be as lucky as her :)
But in any case, even if you wait the required 48 hrs, you will still be able to apply on Tuesday and get your passport the next day (Wednesday) or worse case scenario Thursday. So if you are only flying Thursday evening, you are more than good then.

For your passport application, I think yes you can skip your middle name. But to be sure, just give Passport Canada a quick call, they are really helpful answering these questions (No, they do not tell you call back in 6 months or 3 years if you are none routine lol)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
alissone007 said:
Hey Babi

I hope you will get it when you get back to Canada :)
I called passport canada and they said I need to bring an government ID that has my first and last name on it. In my case all the ID are with my middle name:(
I called the SAAQ to have it changed but they said it take 10 business day to receive the card and they delay is short since I will be applying in like 1 week for the passport.

I had to think about it before and not now :(
For the passport reference they ask for 2 reference and 1 guarantor. You sure it's 4? because on the form they mention 2 reference.

Regards,

Ali
Hi Ali,

An option for you would be to go to a SAAQ office and renew your driving licence there. They will give you a kind of temporary driving license paper with your name and 1st name the way you wanted (the card you will receive it by mail within 10 days as they said) This temporary driving license will not have your photo on it. But with this new peace of paper, plus your RAMQ and may be your passport from your country of your origin, it will be enough to prove your identity to passport Canada. You will then have a government ID (your SAAQ paper) showing you 1st and last name the way you want to have them on your passport. I think this will help a lot in making your passport application a smooth process.

For the 4 references, I am a bit confused here, as I have always thought for urgent processing they require 4 references, however I just been on passport Canada website and could not find this 4 references request.... May be it was in the past and not relevant anymore... Or I may just have been wrong, sorry for that. But again, if you want to dispel any doubt, give Passport Canada a quick call... You don't want to show up at their office the day you apply for the passport and then have bad surprises.

Cheers,

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
WOOHOOOOO

We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Here it is, finally... Just confirmed with my wife back home that we received in our mailbox a letter invite as well. :)

Now the problem is I am out of Canada but should be landing back in Montreal on the 25th Jan evening ! Worrying if there is any flight delay / cancellation, any winter storm or a such I might miss my Oath ! Will I / Will I not change my return to an earlier date ? Hummm

- Looking at my timeline from DM to Oath notice, for Montreal, it seems that on Jan 4th, they were inviting people whose got DM around Nov 21st. So all Montreal applicants with DM around end Nov and Dec should receive Oath invite in the coming 4 weeks. Good luck to everyone.

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Babi22 so happy for you.
I have the same problem out of canada and will return janv 14th so i hope i will be there in time.
Good luck

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
WOOHOOOOO

We sent you a notice on January 4, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Here it is, finally... Just confirmed with my wife back home that we received in our mailbox a letter invite as well. :)

Now the problem is I am out of Canada but should be landing back in Montreal on the 25th Jan evening ! Worrying if there is any flight delay / cancellation, any winter storm or a such I might miss my Oath ! Will I / Will I not change my return to an earlier date ? Hummm

- Looking at my timeline from DM to Oath notice, for Montreal, it seems that on Jan 4th, they were inviting people whose got DM around Nov 21st. So all Montreal applicants with DM around end Nov and Dec should receive Oath invite in the coming 4 weeks. Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations Babi22

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
cassied said:
Congratulations Babi22 so happy for you.
I have the same problem out of canada and will return janv 14th so i hope i will be there in time.
Good luck
Thanks cassied,

Really don't know what I should do, I think I will try and change my ticket to be back to Montreal a few days earlier. I don't think it's worth the risk, just trying to imagine the headache it will be if I miss this ceremony....

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Amine Concordia said:
Congratulations Babi22
Thanks Amine,

Pretty sure you will get your Oath invite before end of January considering our timelines :)