+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in April and my app has been is process since July 12th I believe and since then I have rec'd no word on my application.

Anyone else waiting for the test date?

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
Hello everyone,
I need your advice .
My test was on 2 Dec
Decision made after 3 days.
Visa office Scarborough
They say it will take 2-4 months for oath.
I want to ask I want to visit back home since I havent visited yet
Should I wait or go?

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Sunny88 said:
I applied in April and my app has been is process since July 12th I believe and since then I have rec'd no word on my application.

Same Here!

alissone007

Oct 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

Good news!! today i got my oath ceremony for Jan 15 in Montreal! Did my test in november!
I already booked my trip and hotel from jan 8 to feb1 so I would need to modify all my reservations in order to pass the ceremony because I am afraid to call cic to change the date and get stuck witn unknown date for another oath!
Do you guys know how long we can obtain the passport by paying the extra fees for urgent processing?

Alissone

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
alissone007 said:
Hello everyone,

Good news!! today i got my oath ceremony for Jan 15 in Montreal! Did my test in november!
I already booked my trip and hotel from jan 8 to feb1 so I would need to modify all my reservations in order to pass the ceremony because I am afraid to call cic to change the date and get stuck witn unknown date for another oath!
Do you guys know how long we can obtain the passport by paying the extra fees for urgent processing?

Alissone
Heyyy Alissone, congratsssss :) :) :)

When you say you got it today, what do you mean ? We are January 1st! you got an update on your Ecas ?
I am positively and negatively stressed now, we took the test the same date but my DM came a week after yours. I am out of Canada until January 25th.... hopefully I will get my Oath invite for a date right after I arrive back home... Otherwise I will need to find a solution.

As you said, just change your tickets, you will - I guess - have fees to pay but I think it worth the hassle :)

Just be careful concerning your passport application. I have a friend who took her Oath last summer in Montreal (in the morning), she could apply for her passport the same day, she was surprised but lucky that her name was already in the system and she could get her passport the next day.

My wife however, we went right after her Oath (last summer too, oath in the afternoon) to apply for the passport but she was not in the system and could not apply. Even the next day she was not there yet. It really took 2 days for my wife to have her name in the system. She applied for normal passport application and was surprised to get it by mail after just one week !

I guess, to be on the safe side, just give yourself a buffer of at least 2 to 3 biz days. You usually can get your passport the next day when you apply for urgent processing.

Another advise, you can go ahead and fill your passport application from now, gather the required documents, you will need a guarantor and 4 references. Ideally you should have these references and the guarantor in the same province so they will be easily reachable if Passport Canada want to contact them.

Very happy for you, congrats again.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Sunny88 said:

Yes I am in the same boat... In process since July 13 2015... I applied for GCMS notes last week just to see.

AGMH

Apr 12, 2015
My ecas was updated yesterday saying that they sent me a letter on December 29th and that the Oath is on January 15th :D :D :D :D

I took the test in Montreal on November 10th

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
AGMH said:
My ecas was updated yesterday saying that they sent me a letter on December 29th and that the Oath is on January 15th :D :D :D :D

Congrats.

I'll keep watching my Ecas then :)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
AGMH said:

AGMH, when did your Ecas updated to Decision Made please?

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! try to be there at least 30 minutes before the test to be on the safe side, also keep in mind the traffic, you wouldn't wanna miss the test would you cuz of reaching there late. All the best and do review the book at least once a night before or early morning depending on what time is your test.

Cheers.

rupi20 said:
Hi,
I have test on Tuesday, how early i should be there?

thanks in advance

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
april2015 said:
Congratulations! try to be there at least 30 minutes before the test to be on the safe side, also keep in mind the traffic, you wouldn't wanna miss the test would you cuz of reaching there late. All the best and do review the book at least once a night before or early morning depending on what time is your test.

Cheers.
Do I need to bring pen, pencil for test? Should I leave my cell phone at home?

Other than original of documents sent with my application any other thing I need to bring?

Thanks

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to bring any pencil or pen. They will provide you one pencil and one rubber.
You can bring you're cell phone with you, put it silent or turn it off. ( deactivate the alarm if you have one at the test time)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Amine Concordia said:
You don't need to bring any pencil or pen. They will provide you one pencil and one rubber.
You can bring you're cell phone with you, put it silent or turn it off. ( deactivate the alarm if you have one at the test time)
Amine, did you get Oath invite? I see you are putting Jan 2016 in your signature?