+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends, passed my test this morning at Mississauga with 20/20 and have been advised that oath will be in 4 to 6 weeks. The interview too was in fact very simple and the CO was very friendly and kind.

Thanks Babi22 and Sachin11 for your recommendation. Can't agree more and can't stress enough that the test shouldn't be taken easy and thorough reading of the Discover Canada book is a MUST in order to pass the test.

Congrats to all who passed their tests and to those who took the oath already. Best of luck to all of you waiting in line, I hope we all April applicants get through this process soon.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
april2015 said:
Hi friends, passed my test this morning at Mississauga with 20/20 and have been advised that oath will be in 4 to 6 weeks. The interview too was in fact very simple and the CO was very friendly and kind.

Thanks Babi22 and Sachin11 for your recommendation. Can't agree more and can't stress enough that the test shouldn't be taken easy and thorough reading of the Discovery Canada is a MUST in order to pass the test.

Congrats to all who passed their tests and to those who took the oath already. Best of luck to all of you waiting in line, I hope we all April applicants get through this process soon.
Heartiest congrats Friend.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
april2015 said:

Thanks Babi22 and Sachin11 for your recommendation. Can't agree more and can't stress enough that the test shouldn't be taken easy and thorough reading of the Discovery Canada is a MUST in order to pass the test.

Glad to gear everything went well for you. 4 to 6 weeks? I really hope this is right for you guys in Mississauga. Down here in Montreal they are announcing 4 months for the Oath wait time after the test.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes that's what I was told by the CO. Looks like Mississauga office is gaining speed now. On another forum someone mentioned that they wrote their test on Nov 7th and got oath invite on Nov 12th for Nov 27th. There was another person who wrote his on Nov 5th and got oath letter dated Nov 6th for Nov 24th, too quick! isn't it? Hope you get yours soon, good luck mate!

Babi22 said:
Glad to gear everything went well for you. 4 to 6 weeks? I really hope this is right for you guys in Mississauga. Down here in Montreal they are announcing 4 months for the Oath wait time after the test.

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
I passed my test today in Montreal, the agent told me in 2 to 3 months I will get an email or a mail for the oath.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Amine Concordia said:
I passed my test today in Montreal, the agent told me in 2 to 3 months I will get an email or a mail for the oath.
Good to know, may be they are speeding it up now. When I took tge test 20 days ago I was told about 4 months...hopefully it will be less than that...
Congrats for your test.

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011
Passed my test 20/20. 2 to 4 months

ramanbeedh

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with app
File Transfer...
27-04-2011
Med's Request
28-09-2011
Med's Done....
8-11-2011

Borga

Dec 3, 2015
Hello,

Here is my timeline:
-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2015.
-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 25, 2015.
-We started processing your application on July 3, 2015.

Still no update on cic website and no mail. I was wondering if anyone has similar timeline and waiting?
I was also wondering if anybody has experience postponing the exam/interview date? I am outside of Canada for medical reasons and I may not be able to make it back by the time of the test.

Thank you folks,
Best wishes to all :)

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Anevatia said:
My status changed to decision made...

Took the test in scarborough on 30 nov.
Congrats, this almost always mean that your application has been approved. Now the wait starts for the Oath letter :)

Anevatia

Jun 23, 2015
Toronto (GTA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reading through other threads on this forum... it appears that the wait is approx. 2.5 mths in Scarborough for Oath date... At the test, they did advise that when we come for Oath ceremony, we are allowed to bring in only 1 additional guest... due to space limitations.... makes sense... they rather accomodate more people taking the oath and becoming citizens than their guests... although its a landmark event in people's lives.

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received my letter for oath on the 1X of December, 2015. Thank you everyone for being a useful resource and keeping my hopes high.. 2nd time's a charm!! I hope to be around on this forum to at least help people in any way I can. From April 2Xth to December 1Xth..

P.S. Always have a good number of months available before applying. Keep your application clear, and if you have complications.. Just wait for a few months and apply!