+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
on-hold said:
eryone,

Canada has complete access to data on people entering the United States -- they get it from the U.S., which shares its data with Canada and vice versa.

I'm afraid that your profile is the type that makes CIC suspicious -- I'm guessing that you were self-employed as well, over this period. I wouldn't worry about gathering the information, who knows who gets an RQ? But I would think about ways that you can prove that you've been in Canada -- a record of using provincial health insurance, things like that. The fact that you're suggesting 'letters from friends', which I am very certain CIC does not care about, suggests that this is going to be difficult for you. Whatever you do, don't show up to an interview with a briefcase full of 'extra' support to prove that you've been in Canada.
I was employed with a banking company until they laid off many people, including me, that was in late July 2014. I was employed with that previous company for almost 2 1/2 years. I have been receiving social aid assistance from the Quebec government to survive, while I continually seek full time permanent employment. I have never been "self employed" in Canada, that's just very suspicious and strange. I wrote on my paperwork all my employment time and also wrote when I was laid off, and even specified. I highly doubt that's suspicious at all, my case. Nobody can control the economy and losing their jobs. I even called and spoke with a CIC agent, and the kind lady said that unemployment and/or layoffs do not constitute for unacceptable behavior. I'm curious, where did you get your information from? Thanks in advance!

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nflcanada said:
My ecas just went into In Process. App received by CIC on April 21.
AOR on June 2
In Process June 22.

I'm from Vancouver
Wow! Vancouver is moving so fast! Congratulations!

Anevatia

Jun 23, 2015
Toronto (GTA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I'm from GTA and got my AOR... It was a single application.
--------------------------
Application filed: Apr 24th
Application received by CIC: Apr 30th
AOR Received: June 18th

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Anthony_nyc said:
I was employed with a banking company until they laid off many people, including me, that was in late July 2014. I was employed with that previous company for almost 2 1/2 years. I have been receiving social aid assistance from the Quebec government to survive, while I continually seek full time permanent employment. I have never been "self employed" in Canada, that's just very suspicious and strange. I wrote on my paperwork all my employment time and also wrote when I was laid off, and even specified. I highly doubt that's suspicious at all, my case. Nobody can control the economy and losing their jobs. I even called and spoke with a CIC agent, and the kind lady said that unemployment and/or layoffs do not constitute for unacceptable behavior. I'm curious, where did you get your information from? Thanks in advance!

I got my information from your post, in which you asked if CIC would accept a personal attestation from your friends that you were living in Canada -- I assumed that anyone exploring such a desperate and futile measure, and who paid for everything in cash, had no legal relationships with landlords etc., would naturally be lacking other common proofs of living in Canada -- such as a job history or fiduciary relationships with the government.

Of course unemployment or layoffs are not a barrier to receiving citizenship -- only someone who has no understanding of the rights of Canada grants to people could think so. If you took that from my post, then you should spend time practicing English in preparation for your interview.

eaglesky

Mar 10, 2015
Hi Guys,

I just check my status. Now in Process! This is my time line:

Application sent: April 25th
Application Received: April 28th
AOR Received: June 4th
In Process: June 18th

Family from Vancouver

I hope the others be In process soon.

Good Luck
Congratulations! I'm from Vancouver too and recieved AOR on May 19 but waiting for "In Process"!

bigleafbride

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
23-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
22-11-2013
eaglesky said:
Congratulations! I'm from Vancouver too and recieved AOR on May 19 but waiting for "In Process"!
Quick question for everyone. I am just confused.

All applications are being sent to Nova Scotia right? Why does it matter where the application came from?
I live in Mississauga and status is still Received even though the application was received on April 9th.

Thanks!

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
bigleafbride said:
Quick question for everyone. I am just confused.

All applications are being sent to Nova Scotia right? Why does it matter where the application came from?
I live in Mississauga and status is still Received even though the application was received on April 9th.

Thanks!
They won't start the process for offices that are not accepting new ones, I guess

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
Just got my status turned to "In Process" :)

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 23, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 20, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 23, 2015.

Quite strange as I checked it yesterday and it was still on "Received"

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

nflcanada

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
My file was transferred to the Vancouver office on June 23rd. Started processing on June 22nd so that was quick.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nflcanada said:
My file was transferred to the Vancouver office on June 23rd. Started processing on June 22nd so that was quick.

Wow! Your application is moving fast, you may get oath invitation in the coming days :).....jk :p

Good luck.

Zaker

Dec 13, 2013
Wow!

The first one of April applicant (azure) got test date!
It seems the process is going fast.

akho

Jun 27, 2015
Hello all

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 3, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 24, 2015.

Good luck everybody!

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
akho said:
Hello all

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 7, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 3, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 24, 2015.

Good luck everybody!
VISA OFFICE???

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
It seems that Montreal/Quebec offices re started moving again :)