provided what was on the checklist :-[. I thought only
to provide whats on checklist. Anyhow I am also glad I was
able to apply narrowly before door shut. I have few negatives
on my application: like trip back home to attend sick parent, was
self employed for 1 yr, was unemployed for 2 months, had 4 trips
back home with 120 days absence. Total 1100 of Physical presence days. Never
thought that these are counted as negatives. I wish in the checklist they could
have mentioned 'Optional' to provide some extra docs like Work Exp letter,
Tax Assessments etc. that would help candidates to provide more supporting information
while submitting the application ::). anyhow i am all ready to answer the RQ if it comes.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Relax dude and take a chill pill ;D
all that you mentioned aren't really negative points so long as you have documentation to substantiate those absences and self / un-employment etc. don't worry man you ain't gonna get RQ, just be optimistic and enjoy life thinking about the plight of those who missed the chance, at least we're better off. I sincerely wish something better for them too. I casually checked the Residence Calculator and printed the new application form today, it's brutal man! Not as simple as ours under the old 3/4 rule!

As for the documents I attached, yes I know CIC never asked for it but I was 100% committed to provide them with some additional documentation at least supporting my case and of course employer's letter was on top of my list and priority :) anyway, don't worry, if they ask you to provide any additional document, you can then submit those too at that time or can carry them with you straight to the interview to strengthen your interview :)

godhelp said:
Thanks April2015 friend. Nice email.
I agree with u. Also I feel ur case is
very strong. Probably adding those extra
documents--work exp letter etc would defintintely
make ur case more stronger. I was not aware that
one could attach reference documents also, other
wise would have definitely attached other docs like Tax Assessments,
Work Exp letter. It never came to my mind and I just
provided what was on the checklist :-[. I thought only
to provide whats on checklist. Anyhow I am also glad I was
able to apply narrowly before door shut. I have few negatives
on my application: like trip back home to attend sick parent, was
self employed for 1 yr, was unemployed for 2 months, had 4 trips
back home with 120 days absence. Total 1100 of Physical presence days. Never
thought that these are counted as negatives. I wish in the checklist they could
have mentioned 'Optional' to provide some extra docs like Work Exp letter,
Tax Assessments etc. that would help candidates to provide more supporting information
while submitting the application ::). anyhow i am all ready to answer the RQ if it comes.

godhelp

Star Member
Jun 30, 2012
Thank You April2015 friend.
Very nice email and advice.
I also wish all the best for post June 11 candidates.
I know its really tough for them and their families and its pure Luck game.
Bythe way my spouse was not as lucky as me and missed the June 11th window.

HOSN

Jun 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody.
My eCAS is activated today. It seems CIC is speeding it up.

App Sent: 04/25/2015
App Recd: 04/30/2015
AOR in eMail: 06/10/2015
eCAS Activated: 06/12/2015
Processing Started:
File Transferred:
Test Date:
Oath Date:

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
s_Fanous said:
I'm starting to feel a little nervous. I'm the only one left on the April sheet that had their application received on 27/04 and not received an AOR nor had the application returned.
You're not alone!

Take it easy. It's not the end of the world.

nflcanada

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
It's the weekend, sure CIC is closed not and no AOR for app received on April 30. I guess that's it for this week. Hopefully Monday is the day

IrfanP

Feb 17, 2011
Hi Guys, I am joining this forum.

I sent my citizenship application on 8-Apr-15, which was received on 14-Apr-15 and got email confirming file no on 23-Apr-15.

I checked e-status today which says "Received".

Any guesses how long it is taking to complete the citizenship process these days?

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, hopefully things will now start to pick up since the new rule will halt the flood of new applications that were pouring in just before the new rule was about to kick in. CIC will now have time to open all the pending packages that flooded in during April, May & beginning of June. Keep your fingers crossed dude, you will hear the good news soon :)

s_Fanous said:
I'm starting to feel a little nervous. I'm the only one left on the April sheet that had their application received on 27/04 and not received an AOR nor had the application returned.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to the forum Irfan. Looks like it's gonna be within 4 to 6 months, not confirmed though. The new rule anyway was aimed at ensuring that citizenship applications will now be processed in less than a year.

IrfanP said:
Hi Guys, I am joining this forum.

I sent my citizenship application on 8-Apr-15, which was received on 14-Apr-15 and got email confirming file no on 23-Apr-15.

I checked e-status today which says "Received".

Any guesses how long it is taking to complete the citizenship process these days?

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello everyone,

after our AOR, when do we get our ECAS ? And do we get it via e-mail update or paper mail? I'm a June 8th AOR, so I wasn't sure when ECAS comes. Thank you in advance. :)

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on getting your AOR. You normally get AOR by e-mail if you have disclosed your e-mail address in the application form and then you don't get it via snail mail. Only those who don't give out heir e-mail get their AORs sent to them via snail mail. Once you keep checking your ECAS online there is no need for CIC to notify you via e-mail unless it is an important info or request for some additional info or documents. Your ECAS usually gets activated within 2 to 3 days from the date of AOR, however, it can even take longer. Did you try checking it out yourself? You can check it out by clicking on the below link, fill in the required info :- Good Luck!

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=1.89345374.43232117.1419742603

Anthony_nyc said:
Hello everyone,

after our AOR, when do we get our ECAS ? And do we get it via e-mail update or paper mail? I'm a June 8th AOR, so I wasn't sure when ECAS comes. Thank you in advance. :)

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Dear April2015,

I signed into the link you provided, and it didn't indicate any ECAS step, etc. It only states my application was received, as the current progress update. I guess it will take a long time for it to appear, not sure. Thanks for the link though, I saved it. :)

HOSN

Jun 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

If you are able to login and see the status of your file, it means your ECAS has been already activated. CIC doesn't send any email to advise you about ECAS.

Meanwhile, I believe that CIC sends ONLY one "Discover Canada" booklet to each family by regular mail (along with AOR). After that, for each new applicant they just use email notification.

Anthony_nyc said:
Dear April2015,

I signed into the link you provided, and it didn't indicate any ECAS step, etc. It only states my application was received, as the current progress update. I guess it will take a long time for it to appear, not sure. Thanks for the link though, I saved it. :)

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw, there are no steps in ECAS, ECAS is nothing but "ELECTRONIC" Client Application Status, hope you know that.

so this means that your ECAS is already activated showing your current application status as Received. You now need to keep checking the status perhaps every Wednesday as it says on that website that ECAS is updated once a week normally every Tuesday. The next change / update you should see on ECAS is the status changing from Received to In Process.

Anthony_nyc said:
Dear April2015,

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, you are right about the ECAS. However, CIC no longer sends you Discover Canada booklet as long as they have already sent you a web link to Discover Canada in your electronic AOR. I received my AOR 2 months ago only with the web link and have so far received nothing by regular mail.

HOSN said:
Hi,

If you are able to login and see the status of your file, it means your ECAS has been already activated. CIC doesn't send any email to advise you about ECAS.

Meanwhile, I believe that CIC sends ONLY one "Discover Canada" booklet to each family by regular mail (along with AOR). After that, for each new applicant they just use email notification.