+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I rec'd my AOR via email on June 2nd but my ecas is still not active. Anyone else in my situation?

App rec'd April 20th, 2015
AOR rec'd June 2nd, 2015
ecas--waiting...

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny88 said:
I rec'd my AOR via email on June 2nd but my ecas is still not active. Anyone else in my situation?

App rec'd April 20th, 2015
AOR rec'd June 2nd, 2015
ecas--waiting...
Is ecas active today? because mine it is.

s_Fanous

Apr 2, 2015
I'm starting to feel a little nervous. I'm the only one left on the April sheet that had their application received on 27/04 and not received an AOR nor had the application returned.

Sunny88

Apr 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Just checked and i keep seeing the same info pop up:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My e-cas says "In process" now!! :)

We started processing your application on June 9.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
sparkle said:

Congrats!!!
Its nice to see that files are moving slowly.

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sparkle said:

Wow! Congratluations! That's so inspiring! I thought all of the staff are busy collecting and checking the recent piles crushing door of CIC..

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
godhelp said:
SAMHR, when did u receive AOR?
I have received it on May 28,2015.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moving forward, the inventory of Citizenship grant applications will be reduced significantly based on the reasons outlined below, and that would mean that the applications currently being processed will be the only ones, aside from a few odd new ones that will show up in the department's mail room that CIC will devote its energy to. The reasons are as follows:

1 - Only new applications that CIC will see for approx. a year will be the ones from people residing here for a long time, so in those cases, the residency requirement won't make any difference. For any one else, they simply have to wait another year to accumulate the required days in order to file a petition for citizenship.

2- majority of the individuals filing citizenship claims were either former foreign workers or international students. New applications from individuals belonging to this category will now have to wait another two years before filing a claim.

Therefore, in my opinion, they came up with a very smart tactic and it kinda kills two birds with one stone. Number one being: giving CIC almost up to 2 years to address the backlog, and two: addressing the problem Canada faced from individuals who were just here to obtain Canadian passports.

People who got in before the deadline, I am certain that your application will be processed within a year.

Cheers

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Hello, I'm in the may 2015 excell

Question. Did you guys got the AOR in normal mail? Of Google sent it to your junk mail ?
Thank you. And good luck to us all.

HOSN

Jun 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used to check my spam folder everyday, but it seems Google recognizes CIC email as non-spam. Their email address is Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca .

ari5323 said:
Hello, I'm in the may 2015 excell

Question. Did you guys got the AOR in normal mail? Of Google sent it to your junk mail ?
Thank you. And good luck to us all.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
HOSN said:
I used to check my spam folder everyday, but it seems Google recognizes CIC email as non-spam. Their email address is Client-update-mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca .
Thank you. I did add this address to my contact list, so google will for sure send it to mail mail.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, except for a couple of cases, from the experience here on this forum, it seems that the In Process would normally happen after 2 months from the AOR date, I have seen a couple of folks here whose timeline is 2 months or little over 2 months. Based on my timeline, I am hoping that I should hear something next week or probably the week after but again I am not a 100% sure. Let's not forget that every case is different and each individual will have their own plus and minus points in their applications which would definitely be a key driver in the progress of their applications. As for your buffer days, I don't think it really matters, I applied with only 3 extra days and got my AOR in exactly 2 weeks so I don't think this has got anything to do with the RQ, there are individuals who got RQ even with much higher buffer like weeks compared to yours and mine only a couple of days. As long as you have solid evidence in your application that confirms your presence here for 1095 days or more, there shouldn't be a problem. I know some people say there's no need to attach tax documents or employer's letter etc. however, I did attach letter from my employer confirming that I am a full time employee for almost 3 yeard with the same company and my company is a very well known organization of Canada. In my opinion that does make your case stronger cuz this is a big proof that you were present in Canada all these days working as a full time employee for such a large organization. In addition, I also attached some other reference letters such as from my doctor and kid's school etc. in addition to all their educational transcripts. In April to June only those people (not most) may risk getting an RQ who have not provided CIC enough evidence / documentation proving their presence and having said that, it could be anyone including me (hopefully not! :) ).

Nevertheless, don't worry bro. Hopefully, everything will be ok, just pray and chill :) well to be honest, for me the biggest relief is that I narrowly escaped the 4/6 rule which itself is a big achievement, think about those whose all the plans have been badly screwed up if they were short of few days when the rule got changed or if they got their applications returned just before the rule got changed. When I look at the complexity and nitty gritties of the new rule, trust me, it gives me such a great feeling having made through the old rule at the eleventh hour and now even if the process takes slightly longer, I'm still content and I really mean it! :)

Btw, what's your timeline? and how often have you been out of Canada during the 4 years period before you applied?

godhelp said:
april2015, any prediction friend
when CIC will again start processing
april files. Also what do you think
will there be many RQs for april--june
batch as many would be applying with
minimum buffer, for example I applied
with just +5 days.