+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

tb2708

May 6, 2015
Hi all, I have just discovered this forum. I applied for citizenship in April 2015 so I am adding my information to the tracking sheet. I have not yet received AOR. Good luck to everyone...hopefully we all get processed and become Canadians quickly. It's great to be able to see how the applications are progressing and have support from people in the same situation.

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welcome on board tb2708 and wish you all the best with the progress in your case :)

tb2708 said:
Hi all, I have just discovered this forum. I applied for citizenship in April 2015 so I am adding my information to the tracking sheet. I have not yet received AOR. Good luck to everyone...hopefully we all get processed and become Canadians quickly. It's great to be able to see how the applications are progressing and have support from people in the same situation.

Zaker

Dec 13, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Please add me to the list.

My timeline:

Documents sent: April 25th
Documents received: April 28th.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Anthony_nyc said:
:'( Dear Thecoolguysam and forum,

The Canadian government will not see any proof of me never leaving Canada since March 4th 2012. I sent them a photocopy of my entire USA passport, which still only shows March 4th 2012 as the last stamp I ever received period, and that was my entry i to Canada as a permanent resident. Why would I wait months for them to possibly tell me I need to prove I never left Canada, when I save so much trouble ahead of time and work on getting some type of proof now? It's not worth the risk, especially if they end up sending me a RQ (Residency Questionnaire) much later due to lack of evidence. The RQ extends the process by a minimum of 6 months.... ???

Also, that "foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/login" does not work, because there isn't anywhere to fill out a new account, it only assumes I already have an e-mail and password registered, which I don't of course.

There must be a way to really obtain full entry AND exit records without lack of any information.

Sincerely,

Anthony :(

P.S. - What is our paperwork old rules and new rules based and conditioned on, the date they receive our mail? Or the date we receive our AOR acknowledgement?
Here is the updated link:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

If you have already sent your citizenship application, then there is no need to send any USA records. If CIC asks for it in future then provide it else there is no need.
You are worrying for no reason. If CIC wants to issue you a RQ, they will still issue it to you no matter how much documentation you submit(also USA records). I have seen people in this forum submitting lots of extra documents but they still got RQ. Also, I told previously, that some people who never left canada got RQ and people who made multiple trips, did not get RQ. It all depends upon CIC's criteria to judge who is eligible candidate for RQ.

Also, how would you send the USA records to CIC as you have already submitted the application?
Also, CIC will run CBSA check using your PR card and passports to check that how many times you have entered Canada.

Also please elaborate your question regarding old vs new rules question?

ray-ray

May 8, 2015
Hello fellow April applicants! I 'm the newest member of this group, but I've been reading most of the threads here since last week after I've submitted our application ( me, my wife and our 7 yr old daughter), so I decided to join and register coz i think this would be a very big help to get an idea about the process of the application and to gather more infos.. I submitted our application last April 25, 2015, through Canada Post. I checked it through Canada Post website with the tracking number and shows it was received on April 30, 2015 (so i believed I am still considered to be an April applicant, as my app was receved on the very last day of April) by the Nova Scotia Office received/signed by D SS. Based on what I'm reading here in the threads, I'm hoping I will receive my AOR in a week or so. I'm hoping everyone will receive their AOR in the coming days. Cheers! :)

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welcome to the April applicants group ray-ray and wish you all the best in your journey to the Canadian citizenship :) what city have you applied from?

ray-ray said:
Hello fellow April applicants! I 'm the newest member of this group, but I've been reading most of the threads here since last week after I've submitted our application ( me, my wife and our 7 yr old daughter), so I decided to join and register coz i think this would be a very big help to get an idea about the process of the application and to gather more infos.. I submitted our application last April 25, 2015, through Canada Post. I checked it through Canada Post website with the tracking number and shows it was received on April 30, 2015 (so i believed I am still considered to be an April applicant, as my app was receved on the very last day of April) by the Nova Scotia Office received/signed by D SS. Based on what I'm reading here in the threads, I'm hoping I will receive my AOR in a week or so. I'm hoping everyone will receive their AOR in the coming days. Cheers! :)

ss_2015

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Got my AOR this morning in EMAIL at 7:15 :p

Timeline:

Sent: April 9
Recvd: April 13
AOR: May 8

Please add to the spreadsheet as well,

gowest

Sep 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my AOR via email yesterday!

App. sent: April 14
App. rcvd: April 16
AOR rcvd: May 7

Good luck everyone!

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Congrats to new AoR recipients

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got my acknowledgement of receipt letter this morning. Below are the details in regards to my timeline:
Application Sent - April 12 2015
Application Received - April 16 2015
AOR Received via email - May 8 2015 at 10:48 AM

Cheers

ray-ray

May 8, 2015
Thanks for your warm welcome April2015.. I'm from Victoria,BC. To be honest, it's really stressful a bit waiting for AOR coz I'm not 100% sure if I submitted all the right documents til I get to have a peek of that precious AOR..