waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Canadianfairy said:
This is really interesting to me. I wonder what is happening with Sydney. We are still waiting for PPR however someone only about 10 days before us recieved PPR in June and CORP already! I would have thought we were not far behind but I was so wrong!! I ordered GCMS notes and they are due in a few weeks hopefully it will shed some light on things.

We can't leave till January anyway due to kids in school and family wanting to have one last Christmas with us but it would have been nice to stop stressing about this whole immigration stuff and be able to plan better to move as we have a house to sell ect... Just hope whatever is happening it gets sorted out soon.
ah! i'm glad you posted canadian fairy... read this quote below. it is certainly an interesting development.

posted in the may applicant thread:

cortic said:
Hello, my partner received his approval as sponsor on August 1, 2014. The letter he received said that the application was been sent to a processing center abroad but did not specify which one. After reading this tread we started to get worried about the fact that they did not specify the office, so this morning my partner called CIC and apparently they changed a bit their process for those application that are considered simple and non-complex in order to speed up the process. these application stay in Missisauga and will be processed in that office. the visa will then come from the office abroad. Apparently mine is one of the first ones to be processed that way. the positive thing is that our case is seen as non complicate which is good but Missisauga already screwed up our application once so I just hope everything goes well.

So if the approval you received did not specify the office call the CIC and ask where your application had actually been sent. I am not sure what the parameters for "non complicate" are but I hope it really is a faster process.

I just know that I need a vacation after I get my PR. It has been very stressful 8)
it seems this applicant is getting processed through paris. so perhaps this is the cause for the sudden halt/slowdown in sydney and paris applications? obviously, i have no idea what this means for applications already at those visa offices, just thought it was an interesting development in the process, and it is worth sharing.

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
thanks for sharing rhcohen2014

It sure is interesting. We got 2n AOR from Sydney so I am assuming it is with Sydney.. and probably arrived at Sydney before the change happened. I would be somewhat upset tho if somoene who applied after us and got sent to Mississauga got approved before.

Now I am really interested in my GCMS notes to see what it all says!

It would also be interesting to see if Sydney ships some of their apps back to Mississauga however I wouldn't think Sydney got many "complicated" apps.

who knows! CIC works in mysterious ways!!!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Canadianfairy said:
Now I am really interested in my GCMS notes to see what it all says!
yeah, it will def be interesting to see if any of this is mentioned in your notes.

amakuku

Aug 8, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
yeah, it will def be interesting to see if any of this is mentioned in your notes.
hello
My application is Outland, I am Indian currently in India and trying to join my Canadian wife in Canada.

Can anyone advise on what could be the reasons behind an unexplained 4+ months of delay in the decision for Step 1; sponsor's assessment? On site its clearly written that step 1 takes 56 days !!

The only status we have got is that application received on april 22nd. Not a single updated afterwards. . in june 2014 We involved my wife's MP who also got the reply "The application is complete but still processing and we are still evaluating the case"Few days back on 8,5,2014 MP got same reply application is under processing.
If Anyone knows a reason that might be causing a delay anything we can do?
it seems pretty abnormal to exceed 4 months with no update for step 1!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
amakuku said:
hello
My application is Outland, I am Indian currently in India and trying to join my Canadian wife in Canada.

Can anyone advise on what could be the reasons behind an unexplained 4+ months of delay in the decision for Step 1; sponsor's assessment? On site its clearly written that step 1 takes 56 days !!

The only status we have got is that application received on april 22nd. Not a single updated afterwards. . in june 2014 We involved my wife's MP who also got the reply "The application is complete but still processing and we are still evaluating the case"Few days back on 8,5,2014 MP got same reply application is under processing.
If Anyone knows a reason that might be causing a delay anything we can do?
it seems pretty abnormal to exceed 4 months with no update for step 1!
unfortunatley, no one is going to be able to tell you for sure what is going on or why this is happening in your case. what i do know is that you are not the only applicant this is happening to. see this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsors-assessment-waiting-time-exceeds-4-months-in-mississauga-t234801.30.html

at this point, it seems you are doing everything you can, espcially getting your MP involved. You may find luck ordering the electronic case notes for the sponsorship file (referred to GCMS notes on this forum). It may give you some insight as to what the hold up is, or it may not. The only thing with that is it takes 30-60 days to get the notes, so it's possible you can see approval before that time.

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
hello everyone
i just heard from someone new delhi office start working on 2014 application..anyone who application status changed to in process or got any news..please share your timeline...thanks

amakuku

Aug 8, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
unfortunatley, no one is going to be able to tell you for sure what is going on or why this is happening in your case. what i do know is that you are not the only applicant this is happening to. see this thread:

at this point, it seems you are doing everything you can, espcially getting your MP involved. You may find luck ordering the electronic case notes for the sponsorship file (referred to GCMS notes on this forum). It may give you some insight as to what the hold up is, or it may not. The only thing with that is it takes 30-60 days to get the notes, so it's possible you can see approval before that time.
Thank you .GCSM/ATIP can be used after you get AOR .Thats the problem we don't get it even after 4+ months and still stuck at first step of sponsorship approval

newlywed_

Aug 6, 2013
Hi, we received PPR on August 12th, 2014 after our eCAS DM was updated. We will be sending our passport in from USA with a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post to get our passport back. While creating this label they ask for the sender's address which is CPC-Ottawa. Now I am not sure which address we should put down as the sender since they have provided two of them. Would anyone be able to comment on which one I should use?

Canada Post:

CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

newlywed_ said:
Hi Everyone,

Good news!

Our application went into processing on July 28th, 2014 and today we received a decision made!!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
newlywed_ said:
Hi, we received PPR on August 12th, 2014 after our eCAS DM was updated. We will be sending our passport in from USA with a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post to get our passport back. While creating this label they ask for the sender's address which is CPC-Ottawa. Now I am not sure which address we should put down as the sender since they have provided two of them. Would anyone be able to comment on which one I should use?

Canada Post:

CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B9

Courier:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
i don't think it matters either way. if the courier you are sending it through doesn't accept PO boxes for return addresses, then use the street address. if it's not a concern, use either or. it doesn't matter what the "return address" is, what matters is the address it is sending to is correct.

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
newlywed_ said:

Canada Post:

CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON K1G 4B

Courier:
CPC – Ottawa
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

Wow your application was fast!!!

schiswell

Mar 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia (processed in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2014
Doc's Request.
18-07-2014 (then revoked)
AOR Received.
12-06-2014
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
08-04-2014
Passport Req..
10-21-2014
Thank you rhcohen2014 for sharing the post that you found regarding the reason for Mississauga processing applications... it sure sounds like a positive reason so fingers crossed that it helps many applications... being a new process you just never know but I will remain hopeful. Our application for sure is very straight forward - we have no fear of red flags popping up - so it is reassuring that they viewed our application the same way... so far!!

Thanks again for being a helpful contributor to this thread!

besykobuset

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received April 03, 2014
AOR Received.
May 21, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
August 31, 2013
Bodeau said:
Hello anyone from the philippines here? Thank you
yes hello there!

chelcar21

Jun 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (processed in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2014
File Transfer...
18-07-2014
Med's Done....
17-04-2014
Passport Req..
27-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2014
LANDED..........
Looking forward to 12-10-2014 Woooooo!
Hey all,

Update! My fiance got an email today (on his birthday)!

Dear "APPLICANT":

Your application for admission to Canada as a Permanent Resident may now be ready to be finalised, conditional to a

final admissibility review by the immigration officer.

Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Form(s) will be valid for your initial entry to Canada until

02/28/2015 (mm/dd/yy).

So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, please submit the documents listed below:

1. 2 x Photographs for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable) as per the Photo Specifications in

Appendix A

2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and your accompanying dependents

(as applicable).

3. A photocopy of ALL pages of your passport and of the passport(s) for you and your accompanying

dependents (as applicable).

Submit the documents according to the instructions in Appendix C. Please also include a copy of this

correspondence with your submission.

You are required to provide this information within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so may

result in your application being refused. If you need to renew passports please advise our office of the expected delay.

Mississauga confirmed they were processing our application, but this email came from Sydney. I guess they are doing the final approval!

I'm assuming this is the PPR? Hopefully we'll see an approval and receive COPR soon!