Got my PPR request last night.. ;D

My timelines below:

App Filed - 10-April
AOR - 5 May
RCMP - 2 June
MR - 4 Nov
Medicals Done- 4 Dec
In Process: ecas status changed to "In Process" on 16 Feb
PPR - 2 March (ecas status changed to "Decision Made")
hey buddy, have u received yr passport back ?

WildCowboy

Apr 6, 2014
Calgary, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Passport Returned

achinl said:
Hi, Has anybody got their Passports back or Return Tracker started. Mine was rceived by CIC on 9th March.
Nope. My case in the passport waiting spreadsheet. CIC got my passport on March the 13th.
Tracker of the return envelope has not been activated yet. I am expecting them send my passports back by the end of the week as per the current timeline 12 days.

marketinglady

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!! Really happy for you :)
Thanks for sharing your landing experience.

Cabalen said:
Landed at Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls last Saturday at 10am.

Cross the gates with the car. Not much car. A lot of lanes are empty. Gave our passports to the officer. Told him that we will land as permanent residence to Canada. He ask us if we have US visa, said no. Gave back our passports with a slip saying that we will do a Flagpole - I don't know that they used this term.

We were ask to to park in front of the office. Gave the passports to another officer without going out of the car. Waited for another office to return our passports with the administrative refusal from where are names and country were misspelled, nonetheless, was not an issue said the Canadian border later for it is just a communication between the border officers.

A special black motorized sliding gate opened going straight to the Canada Toll gates and paid $4. Cross the Rainbow Bridge again and fall in line at the border gates. Not there are only 2 lanes open and the lines a packed with cars. Took us 20 mins until we can talk to the border officer. Some questions like when did we arrive, we are we living how old are the kids. please roll down the rear window so that she can see them then we were directed to the office just on the left.

In the office we gave our passports to the officer - a bit grumpy Canada border officer greeted us saying this will just take a bit. When I say a bit it will be about 30mins. So that's fine. Then after 30mins, I was called. Ask to initial and sign the CPR. I told him that my date of entry was wrong but he told me that he will do everything again for another 30mins. As impatient as I am, I asked him that is an issue and he told no. So we just carried on and move to wife and kids. He didn't say our rights as PR but told us that we can be citizens after 3 years and that our stay as non-PR can be credited. I told him that there will be new rule that will be implemented and that might not be anymore applicable to us anymore. He told me that is the existing rule and that is only what he knows. Fair enough as I said.

Then we drove around Niagara Falls and enjoy our first day of permanent residence. ;D

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
Cabalen said:
Landed at Rainbow Bridge Niagara Falls last Saturday at 10am.

Cross the gates with the car. Not much car. A lot of lanes are empty. Gave our passports to the officer. Told him that we will land as permanent residence to Canada. He ask us if we have US visa, said no. Gave back our passports with a slip saying that we will do a Flagpole - I don't know that they used this term.

We were ask to to park in front of the office. Gave the passports to another officer without going out of the car. Waited for another office to return our passports with the administrative refusal from where are names and country were misspelled, nonetheless, was not an issue said the Canadian border later for it is just a communication between the border officers.

A special black motorized sliding gate opened going straight to the Canada Toll gates and paid $4. Cross the Rainbow Bridge again and fall in line at the border gates. Not there are only 2 lanes open and the lines a packed with cars. Took us 20 mins until we can talk to the border officer. Some questions like when did we arrive, we are we living how old are the kids. please roll down the rear window so that she can see them then we were directed to the office just on the left.

In the office we gave our passports to the officer - a bit grumpy Canada border officer greeted us saying this will just take a bit. When I say a bit it will be about 30mins. So that's fine. Then after 30mins, I was called. Ask to initial and sign the CPR. I told him that my date of entry was wrong but he told me that he will do everything again for another 30mins. As impatient as I am, I asked him that is an issue and he told no. So we just carried on and move to wife and kids. He didn't say our rights as PR but told us that we can be citizens after 3 years and that our stay as non-PR can be credited. I told him that there will be new rule that will be implemented and that might not be anymore applicable to us anymore. He told me that is the existing rule and that is only what he knows. Fair enough as I said.

Then we drove around Niagara Falls and enjoy our first day of permanent residence. ;D
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your experience. Can't wait to do the same :D

JSB

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
nov_2014 said:
My last communication received from CIC was on Nov 2014 for medicals. Since then no updates and all my GCMS notes says recommended pass and criminality is in progress. Last week called call centre to check status of my application, they also said the same what I found in the notes. My ECAS status shown still Application received status with two golden lines inside.
No idea what's going on with my file and hope they are not testing my patience.
Hi nov_2014, would you mind sharing the call centre number?

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
I got my CoPR today - however as they have communicated these copies are not valid and I have to wait for the second mail they sent out. Not entirely sure why these are not valid, though.

nov_2014

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
16-May-2015
Here you go 1-888-242-2100 press options 1131 then enter UCI# & your birth year. Try to call early hours.

JSB said:
Hi nov_2014, would you mind sharing the call centre number?

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
duplex said:
I got my CoPR today - however as they have communicated these copies are not valid and I have to wait for the second mail they sent out. Not entirely sure why these are not valid, though.
Check the date of the validity. It should be either 1 year after your medical was received by CIC or your passport validity, whichever is earlier.

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
Cabalen said:
Check the date of the validity. It should be either 1 year after your medical was received by CIC or your passport validity, whichever is earlier.
I just checked the whole document and I don't see anything wrong. The validity is exactly 1 year after mediced update date. Well, guess I will find out when I get the second mail.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Congratulation Cabalen. You are man on Permanent Resident. :p :p

I am still on open work permit :( Waiting for my new passport....

Cabalen said:

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
duplex said:
I think you should call callcenter and verify if these copies are the non-valid ones or the correct ones. Just in case, you know.

ozmatwork

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hi all!

I Just want to share my case, I received my AOR April 29, 2014 up until now I didn't hear anything from CIC. I seek for advises regarding my case ( http://i.imgur.com/Z5xONL0.jpg ) < ---copy and paste it on another tab, I am sending CIC a statutory declaration that I understand that I cannot sponsor my children in the future. I tried everything to make ex-wife cooperate but she continue to refuse (she doesn't even want to get them a passport). I am also including my divorce certificate to inform CIC about my status (from legally separated to divorced). I also hope that the VO will consider that my job responsibilities are from NOC 1211 not from 1221 (check my GCMS notes) in which on my work permit it is really NOC 1211.

To the seniors and whomever will take time reading my notes, I am grateful and thanks in advance.
If you can share me your thoughts about my application, I am open to any suggestion.

Thanks!

grahamangus

Star Member
Dec 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
AOR Received.
12-05-2014
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2015
duplex said:
why would it not be valid?