+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2014 Application

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sjulien said:
I have sent my original PCC documents on below address. Then after, I have sent an e-Mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca but as of now I haven't receive any update from them.

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada
They don't always acknowledge that they've received the documents. If you've mailed and emailed the documents,
you should be fine.

T.

tobeimmigrant143

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I submitted my application in April without the Police Certificates. I now have secured all the Police Certificates. I am in a dilema whether to send these certificates to CIC or not because in the AOR, CIC has specifically mentioned "Please do not forward additional documents unless requested". Do I send the original PCCs now or do I wait until CIC asks for them? I am planning on emailing scanned copies of PCCs now and wait until they ask for originals before sending the originals. Your expert advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tobeimmigrant143 said:
Dear Friends,

I submitted my application in April without the Police Certificates. I now have secured all the Police Certificates. I am in a dilema whether to send these certificates to CIC or not because in the AOR, CIC has specifically mentioned "Please do not forward additional documents unless requested". Do I send the original PCCs now or do I wait until CIC asks for them? I am planning on emailing scanned copies of PCCs now and wait until they ask for originals before sending the originals. Your expert advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi,

yes, send the PCCs to CIC as soon as possible.
You will find instructions here: >> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application
Scanned copies are not accepted by CIC, PCCs have to be mailed, the original document - not a copy.

Hope this helps,

T.

sandy4pr

Apr 2, 2014
Hi,

I need a lil help filling out the application form for BOWP for me and my spouse, I have already received the AOR and I am applying for the BOWP

what to answer for this question?
Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada?

My spouse is on Visitor visa now and I am appliyng for a open work permit along with me. so in this case whaqt should i answer????

Thanks,
Sandy

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
sandy4pr said:
Hi,

I need a lil help filling out the application form for BOWP for me and my spouse, I have already received the AOR and I am applying for the BOWP

what to answer for this question?
Does your family member want to restore their status in Canada?

My spouse is on Visitor visa now and I am appliyng for a open work permit along with me. so in this case whaqt should i answer????

Thanks,
Sandy
Hi Sandy,

you can say no to this question, if your spouse still has legal status in Canada.
Here's some information when you need to restore the status:
>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#restoration

Hope this helps,

T.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
Hey Tobby and other friends,

I got response from CIC that "The information you have provided has been updated in our system."

I sent a mail to CIC regarding for PCC acknowledgement on June 10.

Thanks

iam_toby said:
They don't always acknowledge that they've received the documents. If you've mailed and emailed the documents,
you should be fine.

T.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015

nov_2014

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
16-May-2015
Wow..you are lucky. I don't know why cic do not acknowledge to all applicants. I have requested confirmation for RCMP, no response from last 3 weeks and hope they attached it my file.

sjulien said:
Yes, through mail only.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
I got response after 6 weeks.

nov_2014 said:
Wow..you are lucky. I don't know why cic do not acknowledge to all applicants. I have requested confirmation for RCMP, no response from last 3 weeks and hope they attached it my file.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
hey guys,

Most of the active member of this thread may know about my case. I applied my file on April 25, 2014 and i didn't hear anything from CIC since that day. Even my bank draft hasn't been cashed. Anyway I wasn't sure if my application reached at CIC or no because when i called to my lawyer for Tracking number, her assistant didn't give me and told me some stupid reason.

Today i went to my lawyer and ask him about my case and ask for tracking number to make sure if they guys really sent my application. So he gave me tracking code and i saw they submitted my application on April 25, 2014 through FEDEX courier and reached at Sydney intake office on April 29, 2014. But he told me my application may b misplaced somewhere in intake office because of the application rush. He told me rules were going to change on May 1, 2014 so most of the applicants were sending their files asap.

He already post a mail to Sydeny intake office on July 23, 2014 to ask the status of my application and also send an email to MP (His frnd), if he can find my application status asap.

Please let me know what do you think about my case? If you know any similar case please share with me.

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
My friend, sorry to hear about your case & have been aware about your case.
I had submitted application myself and courier through Canada post. I never seen this kind of issue.

Personally, I would suggest you to apply CEC application again if you will not hear from CIC by Aug/Sep because there is cap of 8000.

You can also mentioned cover letter and explain your situation.

backendcode said:
hey guys,

Most of the active member of this thread may know about my case. I applied my file on April 25, 2014 and i didn't hear anything from CIC since that day. Even my bank draft hasn't been cashed. Anyway I wasn't sure if my application reached at CIC or no because when i called to my lawyer for Tracking number, her assistant didn't give me and told me some stupid reason.

Today i went to my lawyer and ask him about my case and ask for tracking number to make sure if they guys really sent my application. So he gave me tracking code and i saw they submitted my application on April 25, 2014 through FEDEX courier and reached at Sydney intake office on April 29, 2014. But he told me my application may b misplaced somewhere in intake office because of the application rush. He told me rules were going to change on May 1, 2014 so most of the applicants were sending their files asap.

He already post a mail to Sydeny intake office on July 23, 2014 to ask the status of my application and also send an email to MP (His frnd), if he can find my application status asap.

Please let me know what do you think about my case? If you know any similar case please share with me.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
sjulien said:
My friend, sorry to hear about your case & have been aware about your case.
I had submitted application myself and courier through Canada post. I never seen this kind of issue.

Personally, I would suggest you to apply CEC application again if you will not hear from CIC by Aug/Sep because there is cap of 8000.

You can also mentioned cover letter and explain your situation.
Hey,
Yes if I am not gonna hear anything soon from CIC or MP then I would send new application package. Even I saw one post here and guy was in same situation like me. He sent his application in feb and didn't hear anything and then sent new application in August.

Anyway I have question for u. How would I get my original documents ? Like my ielts certificate, birth certificate, PPC and NOA

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
I believe that you have submitted copy of the following documents except original IELTS, any affidavit.

• Reference Letter ( Very important)
  • NOA
  • T4
  • Birth Certificate

Original

• IELTS - I think you will get Test Report Form (TRF) copy again. Check website of IELTS
  • Any affidavit

Meanwhile you can start working on your documents.

If you have paid fees to lawyer then ask them to figure out your application from CIC. Otherwise, suggest them to work on your application package again.

backendcode said:
Hey,
Yes if I am not gonna hear anything soon from CIC or MP then I would send new application package. Even I saw one post here and guy was in same situation like me. He sent his application in feb and didn't hear anything and then sent new application in August.

Anyway I have question for u. How would I get my original documents ? Like my ielts certificate, birth certificate, PPC and NOA

nov_2014

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
16-May-2015
Thanks for heads up. So still I can hope response from CIC soon..

sjulien said:
I got response after 6 weeks.