02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
Congrats!

Njafter said:
Hi Everone,
We have landed today at Rainbow Bridge. We decided to walk accross the bridge and everything went very smooth and we are extremely grateful now that we have become Canadian PRs.
The friendly lady said the PR card will arrive in about 8 weeks time.
I wish to thank one and all for the support this thread and forum gave me during this long and difficult time.
May those still waiting receive the good news soon. May we meet again in ~3 years time when we apply for Citizenship.
Best regards.
8) :p 8)

jk201006

Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
09-05-2014
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
11-11-2014
Med's Done....
13-11-2014
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-03-2015
Congrats!!

maxmoore said:
Just landed! It feels so good and a big relief after 1 year waiting for this moment. The procedure was smoother than I thought. I took both GO train and bus to Niagara. Probably there are other ways, but I live beside a GO station, so I didn't want to go to Union. So, I crossed the bridge walking (meanwhile it was snowing like crazy) and then returned back to the Canadian border with the rejection paper. After that, an officer sent me to another place in order to complete the procedure. I waited probably 1 and 1/2 hours and finally the officer called me by name, asked me a few questions and finally returned back my passport saying "congratulations!". An amazing journey comes to an end.

Thanks to everyone for supporting me during the last year when things didn't look good such us my medicals, etc. You were a big part of my life, so I deeply appreciate your help, your words to cheer me up, and your company! All the best to everyone still waiting! Sooner or later your time will come. Best of luck!

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Is it a good practice to follow up on the application by calling the call centre? As my experience say they don't know anything about the processing of the application and CC Representative would only say me to wait for processing time period (24 months)?? Already have GCMS still say the same, officer review required.

any suggestions?

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Congratulations to all of you that have completed the landing process recently!!!!
Finally your are a PR!!!!!!! ;) ;)

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
veeru5 said:
Is it a good practice to follow up on the application by calling the call centre? As my experience say they don't know anything about the processing of the application and CC Representative would only say me to wait for processing time period (24 months)?? Already have GCMS still say the same, officer review required.

any suggestions?
Hi Veeru,

It doesn't hurt if you try! Give it a try!

Why 24 months? Isn't CEC 13 months processing time?

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
veeru5 said:

any suggestions?
I called CIC only once when my passport was delayed and - suddenly - the passport was dispatched the same day I made the call. The guy who picked my call was very helpful. He opened my file (GCMS, I guess) and told me that the passport arrived, but there wasn't a note stating that the passport was sent to me.

Anyways, I think you should call them and find out what's going on. It's been 1 year and you are in a good position to find out what's going on with you application. Best of luck!

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
EPP said:
Congratulations to all of you that have completed the landing process recently!!!!
Finally your are a PR!!!!!!! ;) ;)
Thanks man! Hope you get PPR soon! :D

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
EPP said:
Hi Veeru,

It doesn't hurt if you try! Give it a try!

Why 24 months? Isn't CEC 13 months processing time?
Thanks for the update. I wasn't update if it is 13 months.

It took me 5 minutes to hear that computer operated call and then she said she cant transfer my call..as they are facing high volume of call... anyways i will try again.

jkgoulds

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2014
Doc's Request.
Police report of 'no live trace' 27 May 2015
AOR Received.
1st July 2014
IELTS Request
Score: 7.0-7.0-6.5-8.5
Med's Request
27 May 2015
Med's Done....
6th June 2015
What number did you call? please could you post it as we still havnt had MR and status hasnt changed from application recieved

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
jkgoulds said:
What number did you call? please could you post it as we still havnt had MR and status hasnt changed from application recieved
I called @ 1-888-242‑2100.

I spoke with one of the agent and he mentioned that the file was sent to Ottawa on 5th may for further processing so from the day Ottawa received my file (5th May), they will count 12 months. Current processing time is 12 months. So, hopefully I will be able to hear something by 5th May 2015.

Category........: CEC
Visa Office......: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......: 2171
App. Filed.......: 03-04-2014
AOR Received.: 23-04-2014

Fingers crossed. I think this is useful information for me at least.

jaafreh512

Sep 10, 2013
Hello guys... I have received the following GCMS after 1 year of waiting... please any advise

APPLICATION: xxxxx REGULATION: CEC-2013 I have analysed this application based upon the
documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and make the following
recommendation. ACTION ITEMS: ****GENERAL RESULTS: MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL
APPLICANTS**** FOSS/GCMS check: - No adverse info. Principal applicant currently holds valid status in
Canada. ADDITIONAL NOTES: M.Eng Electrical - UOttawa *** PA was given SP in SEP2014 for Doctorate at
UOttawa*** CIVIL STATUS: - PA never married - NO Spouse or Common-Law declared - PA Copy of passport on
File: Yes. WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is: from 17APR2011 to 16APR2014 Dates of authorized
work experience - within 'Qualifying Period' - in a skill level 0, A or B occupation: 04APR2013 to LOCKIN
Category of work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: University According to schedule 8: Work
Experience 1: 08APR2013 to LOCKIN, NOC: 2147 selected, Employment letters) dated 14APR2014 confirm(s)
date(s) of employment, position title and a salary of $40k A T4 from 2013 show(s) reported earnings of $28.4k.
Online search conducted - Concerns found. ADDITIONAL NOTES: PA is claiming precisely one year of work
experience at Quadra. Web search of Quadra Systems returns a website http://www.quadrasystems.ca/ located
at 889 Lady Ellen Place. Appears that company provides IT services. Formatting issues exist throughout
website. Operating out of the same address is Quadra Solar http://www.quadrasolar.com/index.html. xxxxx
appears to own both companies. Search of signatory on LOE xxxxx lists her as an executive assistant
with Quadra Solar. PAs own Linkedln profile states that he has been a research assistant at Ottawa U since 2011
and does not mention having worked at Quadra. LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmarks
for work experience at this skill level: A. CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police
Certificates: - xxxx: No reportable trace. MEDICALS: - MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL APPLICANTS
RECOMMENDATION: REVIEW REQUIRED BY OFFICER

I have never updated my linkedin since 2013 :-\

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
jaafreh512 said:
Hello guys... I have received the following GCMS after 1 year of waiting... please any advise

APPLICATION: xxxxx REGULATION: CEC-2013 I have analysed this application based upon the
documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and make the following
APPLICANTS**** FOSS/GCMS check: - No adverse info. Principal applicant currently holds valid status in
Canada. ADDITIONAL NOTES: M.Eng Electrical - UOttawa *** PA was given SP in SEP2014 for Doctorate at
UOttawa*** CIVIL STATUS: - PA never married - NO Spouse or Common-Law declared - PA Copy of passport on
File: Yes. WORK EXPERIENCE: CEC qualifying period is: from 17APR2011 to 16APR2014 Dates of authorized
work experience - within 'Qualifying Period' - in a skill level 0, A or B occupation: 04APR2013 to LOCKIN
Category of work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: University According to schedule 8: Work
Experience 1: 08APR2013 to LOCKIN, NOC: 2147 selected, Employment letters) dated 14APR2014 confirm(s)
date(s) of employment, position title and a salary of $40k A T4 from 2013 show(s) reported earnings of $28.4k.
Online search conducted - Concerns found. ADDITIONAL NOTES: PA is claiming precisely one year of work
experience at Quadra. Web search of Quadra Systems returns a website http://www.quadrasystems.ca/ located
at 889 Lady Ellen Place. Appears that company provides IT services. Formatting issues exist throughout
website. Operating out of the same address is Quadra Solar http://www.quadrasolar.com/index.html. xxxxx
appears to own both companies. Search of signatory on LOE xxxxx lists her as an executive assistant
with Quadra Solar. PAs own Linkedln profile states that he has been a research assistant at Ottawa U since 2011
and does not mention having worked at Quadra. LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmarks
for work experience at this skill level: A. CRIMINALITY: PA: - RCMP Screening: No reportable trace. - Police
Certificates: - xxxx: No reportable trace. MEDICALS: - MEDICALS NOT STARTED FOR ALL APPLICANTS

it appears that CIC looks at the profiles of applicants as well, I hope there is nothing on my Linkedin profile that would be of concern.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
jaafreh512 said:

My linkedin profile was also searched as per GCMS. I have a different position there though the same company. Apparently we can't be moved to another position and need to stick to what our employer applied for during the LMO. But somethings came up and I need to be transferred to another department.

Anyway, the different position in my linkedin and employment certificate didn't effect the PR process. I think it even made it faster because all my employment history was in linkedin. :D

sonico

Apr 9, 2014
I have an appointment scheduled for this week to do the inland landing at CIC office. Now I'm a bit confused. I get email confirming the date and time, and same time requirement to provide 2 photos for each person. Now I thought the six photos send during the initial application would have been enough, but that seems not be the case.

Can anyone else confirm, who have done landing at CIC office, that this is the case. I tried to call CIC call centre, but can't get through.

I suppose I just have to go and get the additional photos, and not ask here, but anway, I would appreciate, if any one could confirm they've had similar case.

Thanks,

sonico

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
sonico said:
I have an appointment scheduled for this week to do the inland landing at CIC office. Now I'm a bit confused. I get email confirming the date and time, and same time requirement to provide 2 photos for each person. Now I thought the six photos send during the initial application would have been enough, but that seems not be the case.

Can anyone else confirm, who have done landing at CIC office, that this is the case. I tried to call CIC call centre, but can't get through.

I suppose I just have to go and get the additional photos, and not ask here, but anway, I would appreciate, if any one could confirm they've had similar case.

Thanks,

sonico
I didn't do inland landing. But I've read that they will not get those photos for we have submitted them already. I believe it is a generic email.

Let wait for those who made inland landing.