24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Aamir89 said:
Thanks a lot :) Hope you all get your Oath very soon :)
Thank you! :) Hope Mississauga is as fast as Windsor is! :)

solnshko

Mar 27, 2013
I will share my timeline. I am in Vancouver. I mailed application to Sydney on April 8, it was delivered on April 11

In Process
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 24, 2013.

I received the package with study guide in August, 2013 (even thoug they said it was mailed in April).

I called today and agent said as far as he can see there are no problems with documents but the file is still in Sydney office.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
solnshko said:
I will share my timeline. I am in Vancouver. I mailed application to Sydney on April 8, it was delivered on April 11

In Process
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 4, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 4, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I received the package with study guide in August, 2013 (even thoug they said it was mailed in April).

I called today and agent said as far as he can see there are no problems with documents but the file is still in Sydney office.

I am surprised that they keep files for so long time in Sydney. Maybe it's just the file that was not updated yet...

CET213

Sep 22, 2011
Hi guys,

I would like to share my timeline;

Application received by CIC – April 19th 2013
In process – July 9th 2013
received acknowledgement letter & study guide – mid of August 2013

I had a numerous trips outside Canada in last 5 years. None of employer related.
No update so far.
Hope for the best.

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
solnshko said:

In Process

HEy Aamir!! I'm happy for you!
I hope we will all have the same smooth process.

solnshko, I also applied from Vanocuver, finally someone from Vanocuver!!! YEaa!
So I applied on April 22, 2013. They strated my process since July 8. I received my book in August. Yesterday I received a mail with originlal documenets that I sent them to support my application. So I think they just sent back the documnets they don't need:)
I called cic, the agent told me that they started to check my file since October 28, but it's not done yet. She also mentionned that Vancouver office is the busy one, so I should expect 12 months from time they send my documnets to Vancouver to get a test date..

I will call them next week to see if there is any update!:)
why don't you call them?

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Suin, a question for you:)
Do you think that will take long time to Sidney office to look at my file after they actually open it and started the background cheking?
I mean they have already sent me back some non useful files, so I assume it should not take them 10 month to look at whole file and transfer it, non?
What is your thoughts? Any estimation for me?:)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
sheb said:
Suin, a question for you:)
Do you think that will take long time to Sidney office to look at my file after they actually open it and started the background cheking?
I mean they have already sent me back some non useful files, so I assume it should not take them 10 month to look at whole file and transfer it, non?
What is your thoughts? Any estimation for me?:)
I think that if they sent your originals back, it means your background check is done and your file will be transferred to the local office this month. But one can never say for sure. It's hard to understand the way the CIC is thinking and acting. :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheb said:
.....So I applied on April 22, 2013. They strated my process since July 8. I received my book in August. Yesterday I received a mail with originlal documenets that I sent them to support my application. So I think they just sent back the documnets they don't need:) .....
What documents were returned?

Applicants are always asking if they should submit 'additional documents' to avoid an RQ. The return isn't clear if CIC disregard these extra info altogether or if they were considered for the risk triage. However if you can be RQd all the way to oath and the Local Office are the ones with the final say so (welll CJ but as per LO advice) it means if CIC were to consider these documents they would hang on to them..after all its not like they made copies eh? I wonder if this is a directive from the decision makers to the front-line staff?

IMHO it adds credence to that the decision maker likely reviews your 'residence' when he/she opens the file even if this falls outwith of the 4 year window so more inline with CIC having your post application period residence in their radar?

solnshko

Mar 27, 2013
sheb said:
HEy Aamir!! I'm happy for you!
I hope we will all have the same smooth process.

solnshko, I also applied from Vanocuver, finally someone from Vanocuver!!! YEaa!
So I applied on April 22, 2013. They strated my process since July 8. I received my book in August. Yesterday I received a mail with originlal documenets that I sent them to support my application. So I think they just sent back the documnets they don't need:)
I called cic, the agent told me that they started to check my file since October 28, but it's not done yet. She also mentionned that Vancouver office is the busy one, so I should expect 12 months from time they send my documnets to Vancouver to get a test date..

I will call them next week to see if there is any update!:)
why don't you call them?
Hi Sheb, I did call the immigration. The person on the phone was not that happy with me asking to check the file, but he did and said it is still in Sydney. :(

solnshko said:
"I called today and agent said as far as he can see there are no problems with documents but the file is still in Sydney office."

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
solnshko said:
Hi Sheb, I did call the immigration. The person on the phone was not that happy with me asking to check the file, but he did and said it is still in Sydney. :(
Hi all!!
Suin,
Thank you for yoru feedaback, thats' what I thought...I hope so anyways:))

Msafiri,
They just sent me back the original documents. They might take photocopies or just send me back bcs they don't need them. I did sent all additional docs because my friend who is immigration agent advised me to do so.

Solnishko
I know the agents are not very happy tocheck it out. But it depends of agent, sometimes they are really nice.. But anyways they are call cente ragents, so it's kind of part of their job. If that wasn't they would never check it for you even if you ask. So don't hesitate to call if you have a question. Just try to be nice:)) I'm always telling":" Could you please look at my file and see if there is any asatus update?" And tehn they ask me, when I applied. And when I say that in April, they are telling me that it's gonna take between 12-18 months before I get something:)) But I call again next week:)
There is no many people people from Vancouver.. I wish we could know if that really takes long if you are from Van. office..

solnshko

Mar 27, 2013
sheb

Thank you so much for sharing your experience over the phone. It is very useful, as when you call you almost feel like they don't have to talk with you at all. I agree it is their job. I wish they would process cases much faster.

When I applied myself it was in 2007 and I got it done within 8 months i think.

Now it is my parent's application which we sent in April. They applied first time in Nov 2011 but got RQ in Jan 2013. We canceled their 1st application and applied again in April 2013.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Hi Solnshko, what was the reason for the RQ? There is a strong chance that they can issue RQ again, even if you cancelled it first time...actually it can be the its trigger.

solnshko

Mar 27, 2013
Suin said:
Hi Solnshko, what was the reason for the RQ? There is a strong chance that they can issue RQ again, even if you cancelled it first time...actually it can be the its trigger.
Well when we applied they were very close to the 1095 days mark. And they were visitors for 2 years out of 4 prior the application.

This time we applied with 3 years of PR status and 1333 days in the country. As well they had submitted the border agancy CBSA report for trips and school letters, T4s. I do hope that immigration will be nice to them.