waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
LCM21 said:
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your complete timeline?
thanks...here is my timeline:

Application sent - 19 Apr
AOR - 14 jun
MR - 12 Dec
RPRF, Biodata request - 13 Dec
Med done- 18 Dec
Med received - 31 Dec
PPR - 15 jan
decision made - 18 jan

joy2014

Jan 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
12-12-2013 (RPRF, Biodata - 13-12-2013)
Med's Done....
18-12-2013 (Med recd - 31.12.2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
kaytea said:
Hi april applicants,

just want to let you know that I landed today at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls (should have chosen a warmer, less windy, less snowy day - but I was there anyway).

Process itself was easy, just gotta do bit of waiting.

I arrived in the afternoon. I went to the building just across the hershey's store. I waiting in line with about 5 people in front of me who were from the states doing customs things and some other people waiting for their papers. When I got to the counter, the guy asked me if I have crossed the bridge yet. I said I didnt. He told me to cross the bridge to the us side, and then come back to be processed. I was kinda confused when I got there cuz there's no signs and the officer by the entrance to me to wait in line. so, cross the bridge to the usa first.

I went to the other side of the office and paid $0.50 for toll to cross the bridge. Bring exact change and only quarters cuz there's no one there. (fighting against the strong winds) I crossed the bridge to the US side using the pedestrian path. It took about 7 minutes. The view would have been nice if I wasn't scared i was gonna be blown away by the wind and fall off the bridge into the frozen falls.

When I got to the us side, a lady instantly asked me what country of citizen i was. told her I was there to do flagpoling. she asked me where i was living, how long ive been living in canada, if ive been to the us before, how often i go back home, and then she handed me a refusal of entry paper. she was kinda nice actually. So I walked back the bridge to the canadian side. greeted by a guy asking me for passport. said I was doing landing. he gave me a yellow paper slip (if u carry goods over certain amounts of dollars, carry pets, etc) and wrote "LANDINGGG!"

Went back to the office I was at the beginning. This time there was no one, but had to wait cuz there was only one guy working, then he left, then a lady came back. She asked me about my work permit, which I didnt bring (cuz in the COPR letter doesnt say u need to bring it, but i was going to bring it anyways, but i forgot in the last minute). I told the lady that i have forgotten it at home. she was kinda mad about it saying that it made sense to bring it if im changing my status. but oh well. she asked me if the info in the copr was correct, asked me to put initials on some info and sign it, then gave me my passport back along with my copy of COPR. she congratulated me (in the least exciting tone lol), told me that i have to inform health provider, change my SIN, that my card will be mailed to me 4-8 weeks and if i had any questions. i asked if the refusal entry to the us will cause any problems in the future, she told me not to worry about it.

and that's it! i jumped and tapped my shoe heels when i left the building (and then inside hersheys store to warm up). I'm officially permanent resident :D

What to bring with you:
- passport
- COPR and letter that was included in COPR
- proof of address (like a bill statement)
- work permit

Just want to thank other forum posters and this form which helped me a lot in the process. I also want to wish you all luck in your applications and that u get it quickly. if not quickly, then be patient, as I did a wait a long time like most of you did. have faith in urself and don't panic. it's all going to work out.

I'll stick around for a bit more to help others.

Thanks everyone!
Congrats kaytea !!

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 10, 2014 (received 22/01/14)
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
joy2014 said:
thanks...here is my timeline:

Application sent - 19 Apr
AOR - 14 jun
MR - 12 Dec
RPRF, Biodata request - 13 Dec
Med done- 18 Dec
Med received - 31 Dec
PPR - 15 jan
decision made - 18 jan
Thank you! Great timeline. Looks like most people's status changes to "Med received" about 7 business days later. Fingers crossed it's the same for me :) May I ask where you got your meds done?

aand

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1121, 5221
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 16, 2014 (rec'd Jan 27, 2014)
Passport Req..
visa exempt
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
kaytea said:
Hi april applicants,

just want to let you know that I landed today at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls (should have chosen a warmer, less windy, less snowy day - but I was there anyway).

I arrived in the afternoon. I went to the building just across the hershey's store. I waiting in line with about 5 people in front of me who were from the states doing customs things and some other people waiting for their papers. When I got to the counter, the guy asked me if I have crossed the bridge yet. I said I didnt. He told me to cross the bridge to the us side, and then come back to be processed. I was kinda confused when I got there cuz there's no signs and the officer by the entrance to me to wait in line. so, cross the bridge to the usa first.

I went to the other side of the office and paid $0.50 for toll to cross the bridge. Bring exact change and only quarters cuz there's no one there. (fighting against the strong winds) I crossed the bridge to the US side using the pedestrian path. It took about 7 minutes. The view would have been nice if I wasn't scared i was gonna be blown away by the wind and fall off the bridge into the frozen falls.

When I got to the us side, a lady instantly asked me what country of citizen i was. told her I was there to do flagpoling. she asked me where i was living, how long ive been living in canada, if ive been to the us before, how often i go back home, and then she handed me a refusal of entry paper. she was kinda nice actually. So I walked back the bridge to the canadian side. greeted by a guy asking me for passport. said I was doing landing. he gave me a yellow paper slip (if u carry goods over certain amounts of dollars, carry pets, etc) and wrote "LANDINGGG!"

Went back to the office I was at the beginning. This time there was no one, but had to wait cuz there was only one guy working, then he left, then a lady came back. She asked me about my work permit, which I didnt bring (cuz in the COPR letter doesnt say u need to bring it, but i was going to bring it anyways, but i forgot in the last minute). I told the lady that i have forgotten it at home. she was kinda mad about it saying that it made sense to bring it if im changing my status. but oh well. she asked me if the info in the copr was correct, asked me to put initials on some info and sign it, then gave me my passport back along with my copy of COPR. she congratulated me (in the least exciting tone lol), told me that i have to inform health provider, change my SIN, that my card will be mailed to me 4-8 weeks and if i had any questions. i asked if the refusal entry to the us will cause any problems in the future, she told me not to worry about it.

and that's it! i jumped and tapped my shoe heels when i left the building (and then inside hersheys store to warm up). I'm officially permanent resident :D

What to bring with you:
- passport
- work permit

Just want to thank other forum posters and this form which helped me a lot in the process. I also want to wish you all luck in your applications and that u get it quickly. if not quickly, then be patient, as I did a wait a long time like most of you did. have faith in urself and don't panic. it's all going to work out.

Thanks everyone!
Congrats Kaytea,

Can I ask why the US did a refusal of entry? I would be concerned to have that recorded on my passport. My boyfriend has been refused entry before and they interrogate him every time he crosses into US now.

gm_1215

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 14, 2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA Dec 31, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 23, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 31, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2014
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2014
People without US visa do that. I heard it won't affect next visit to US.
I am from visa exempt contry to US. I am going to get US stamped when I land.
It is just for convenience, I guess.

angiealeliejeff

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-13
Doc's Request.
13-02-14 IMM5669
AOR Received.
12-06-13
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
17-01-14
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's send to cic 20-02-2014 Application on Process: 04-03-2014 RPRF Request 10-03-2014 (pay same date)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 26, 2014 June 1 ECAS change to decicision has been made
VISA ISSUED...
---waiting---
LANDED..........
---waiting---
Hi guys..is anyone of you did their medical at edmonton with Dr Tony Salopek?i already made my appoinent with him..

Patricia1221

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1221; 1222
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
04-06-2013
Med's Request
21-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013
JasleenK said:
Thanks Patricia1221. Hope you get the meds soon!!
I am planning to do the medicals upfront this Thursday....

Now the same period like we waited AOR :(

ravskabra

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
kaytea said:
Hi april applicants,

What to bring with you:
- passport
- work permit

Thanks everyone!
Congratulations Kaytea for being a permanent resident of Canada. :)

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
aand said:
Congrats Kaytea,

Can I ask why the US did a refusal of entry? I would be concerned to have that recorded on my passport. My boyfriend has been refused entry before and they interrogate him every time he crosses into US now.
Thanks everyone for the wishes :)

aand- its part of the flagpoling process to get a refusal of entry if u dont have us visa (if u do have us visa, they give u a sticker). i asked the immigration officer if that has any affect on my future entry to the usa, and she said there was nothing to worry about. nothing was recorded on my passport. it was just a paper and the canadian immigration officer kept the paper after.

happyfacepanda

Dec 14, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
21-05-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
Congrates to people who received MR, so glad to see April's move so smoothly. Good luck everyone!

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
kaytea said:
Hi april applicants,

just want to let you know that I landed today at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls...

Thanks everyone!
Congratulation!!!! :) That was quick! 8)

aand

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1121, 5221
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 16, 2014 (rec'd Jan 27, 2014)
Passport Req..
visa exempt
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
kaytea said:
Thanks everyone for the wishes :)

aand- its part of the flagpoling process to get a refusal of entry if u dont have us visa (if u do have us visa, they give u a sticker). i asked the immigration officer if that has any affect on my future entry to the usa, and she said there was nothing to worry about. nothing was recorded on my passport. it was just a paper and the canadian immigration officer kept the paper after.
oh good to know! Thanks :)

And congrats on the PR !!

bpraneeth

Nov 20, 2013
Hi Kaytea,

Congrats. I know its too late to comment on your post but can i ask you from which port of entry have you done your landing?