+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2013 Applications

Manyun Zhang

Nov 12, 2013
from_mumbai said:
There you go.. I made 1 for u..

Hi Mumbai,
I looked at the spreadsheet, is that spreadsheet consist of real applicants?? I'd just like to get an idea as to how fast the April applicants are moving, if I can rely on that spreadsheet, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Nasser558

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Am April applicant as well, And its been a while I checked in this forum. Are there people in this group still shows their status "Application Received" till now I haven't received any mails or emails from the CIC.

Should I be worried?

Also I was in the spreadsheet before but maybe some one deleted my info from there.

Thanks in Advance.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Nasser558 said:
Hello Everyone,

Am April applicant as well, And its been a while I checked in this forum. Are there people in this group still shows their status "Application Received" till now I haven't received any mails or emails from the CIC.

Should I be worried?

Also I was in the spreadsheet before but maybe some one deleted my info from there.

Thanks in Advance.
No, CEC processing times can be up to 13 months or more, you only 7 months in. Patience!

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Nasser558 said:
Hello Everyone,

Should I be worried?

Thanks in Advance.

Friend

Forget the status !!, December aplicants status has only just changed.

You may not even see your status change to in process.

What's been happening most recently is the status changing straight to med received.

Nasser558

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
suvan said:
Friend

Forget the status !!, December aplicants status has only just changed.

You may not even see your status change to in process.

What's been happening most recently is the status changing straight to med received.
Hi thanks for the info, but I am concerned because since I am on work permit right now and it will be expiring in May 2014.

If its too late how would I extend my work permit?

Thanks for your time guys.

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
Nasser558 said:
Hi thanks for the info, but I am concerned because since I am on work permit right now and it will be expiring in May 2014.

If its too late how would I extend my work permit?

Thanks for your time guys.
I understand your concern, you have no worries. Apply for BOWP 4 months prior to expiry of current WP

kikoman

Nov 13, 2013
hi guys! I'm an April applicant too I receive my AOR sometimes in May and still waiting for the next step. I'm a little worried about the changes that just took effect since I work as a food service supervisor. Nevertheless I'm still positive though and I hope nothing but the best for everyone!

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
kikoman said:
hi guys! I'm an April applicant too I receive my AOR sometimes in May and still waiting for the next step. I'm a little worried about the changes that just took effect since I work as a food service supervisor. Nevertheless I'm still positive though and I hope nothing but the best for everyone!
Friend, it does say affective from November 8th, so why worry?

Nasser558

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
suvan said:
I understand your concern, you have no worries. Apply for BOWP 4 months prior to expiry of current WP
So I should be starting by late December to apply. Do they have online or the standard way to apply?

I hope all of us get the reply soon from CIC.

Cheers.

info.123

Star Member
May 28, 2013
kikoman said:
I am a food service supervisor too. Wondering what changes came in effect?

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
info.123 said:
I am a food service supervisor too. Wondering what changes came in effect?
Your kidding right?!!!

Look at the CIC website, it's all there in plan English

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
suvan said:
Your kidding right?!!!

Look at the CIC website, it's all there in plan English
That's the sad part, people hear people talking about stuff they don't know jack about, get all worried
and then come here and ask for help without consulting the official CIC websites and FAQs for help.

So no, I guess he/she is not kidding. :)

info.123

Star Member
May 28, 2013
iam_toby said:
That's the sad part, people hear people talking about stuff they don't know jack about, get all worried
and then come here and ask for help without consulting the official CIC websites and FAQs for help.

So no, I guess he/she is not kidding. :)
You got me right, I was not kidding. But lets take it a little easy here and stop making assumptions or try to offend anyone. I did not ask that question in worry nor I came asking for help without consulting the cic site. My question was out of surprise as I thought people would discuss news which really made sense or difference to April applicants. I know the news says effective from November 8th. So when the new changes topic was raised, I thought it would be something that effected April applicants. Was not really funny.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
info.123 said:
You got me right, I was not kidding. But lets take it a little easy here and stop making assumptions or try to offend anyone. I did not ask that question in worry nor I came asking for help without consulting the cic site. My question was out of surprise as I thought people would discuss news which really made sense or difference to April applicants. I know the news says effective from November 8th. So when the new changes topic was raised, I thought it would be something that effected April applicants. Was not really funny.
Don't mean to offend anyone, but the new MI-10 clearly states, that

All CEC applications will be considered according to the date they are received at the CIO.

MI-10 does not apply to CEC applications received before November 9, 2013. All CEC applications received by the CIO before this date shall continue to be considered for processing having regard to the program requirements in effect at the time of application receipt.
[ Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob554.asp ]

info.123

Star Member
May 28, 2013
iam_toby said:
Don't mean to offend anyone, but the new MI-10 clearly states, that

[ Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob554.asp ]
when the 1st sentence of the news itself says effective Nov 2013 it makes no difference to April applicants. I thought something came up which did make a difference to April which I was not aware of.