24-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014 (eCAS received 02-02-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exepmt
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014 (received in mail 05-02-2014)
LANDED..........
06-02-2014 at Peace bridge
CEC2013 said:
Seeming as how only a few 2174 applications from 2013 are being processed....ya, go for it. And just email it to them. My approach is to take the chance...moreover if I was the VO and noticed a discrepancy, I would want to have an explanation up front, rather than create and log communication, and then wait and repeat. I dont see the harm in sending it!! Could only help...
Thanks CEC2013. I as well submitted my 2012 T4 form with the application that I filed in March, but I included no explanation to the why there's a difference in income between the T4 and employer letter. I think now what I'm gonna do is to ask my employer to write the letter on the company's letterhead and his signature, explaining the first 3 months probationary period hourly paid and then the switch to the salary. This way it's gonna look more official and credible. And hopefully CIC will attach that letter to my file:)

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Vik1112 said:
Thanks CEC2013. I as well submitted my 2012 T4 form with the application that I filed in March, but I included no explanation to the why there's a difference in income between the T4 and employer letter. I think now what I'm gonna do is to ask my employer to write the letter on the company's letterhead and his signature, explaining the first 3 months probationary period hourly paid and then the switch to the salary. This way it's gonna look more official and credible. And hopefully CIC will attach that letter to my file:)
That sounds great! Luckily for me, HR policy demands that any probationary period already be noted on employment confirmation letters. And plus, I'm pretty sure I also noted the same in some explanation letter I attached.

Aside from this letter, I would also include a short letter, as to the reason you are attaching this....kind of like a cover letter. So they know the purpose. But thats just me! :)

ravskabra

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
CEC2013 said:
Seeming as how only a few 2174 applications from 2013 are being processed....ya, go for it. And just email it to them. My approach is to take the chance...moreover if I was the VO and noticed a discrepancy, I would want to have an explanation up front, rather than create and log communication, and then wait and repeat. I dont see the harm in sending it!! Could only help...
A lot appreciated CEC2013, Now what e-mail address or the mailing address should I use to contact them. I can't get the letter from my employer as pay rise happened after 6 months of my probation period.

Any ways I will include kind of cover letter to explain and will also include the new assessment, T4 and the letter from my employer which states that I was promoted in pay on the particular day.

Thanks

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
ravskabra said:
A lot appreciated CEC2013, Now what e-mail address or the mailing address should I use to contact them. I can't get the letter from my employer as pay rise happened after 6 months of my probation period.
Any ways I will include kind of cover letter to explain and will also include the new assessment, T4 and the letter from my employer which states that I was promoted in pay on the particular day.
Yea, a letter explaining the circumstance and some sort of proof/evidence should be provided to support your claim. A new assessment, T4 or even a letter from your employer that you were promoted should be substantive enough. If you email them, it will take about 1 to 2 weeks to receive a response. At the end of your email, kindly request for them to confirm that the files have been attached for consideration. Should you not receive a response within that time period, email them again.

If sending multiple files, make sure you scan them as 1 document (pdf) and do so at lower dpi, since they will not accept anything over 5MB.

You can send your documents to the following:

Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates (and other hard copy documents, as necessary or requested) to:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

alevator

Apr 11, 2013
Hey guys,

I've been reading some other threads and I was wondering why CIC asks for your passport?
Do you still have to send your passport if you are from a visa exempt country?

Thanks!

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alevator said:
Hey guys,

I've been reading some other threads and I was wondering why CIC asks for your passport?
Do you still have to send your passport if you are from a visa exempt country?

Thanks!
Not required if you are from a visa exempt country.

yaman23

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
I GOT MY RCMP FINGERPRINT THING ON AUGUST 27

WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP TO DO???

HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO DO THE CLEARANCE??/

Wwkk32

Jul 15, 2013
I submitted my application to CIC on April 23. They notified me in June that they had received it and sent it to Ottawa and gave me an application number as well. Since then, I've been using this number or my client ID# to check the status of my application on the CIC website. It's now September and the status of my application still says "Application Received". Shouldn't it say "In Progress" by now? I've been checking every week. I'm a little frustrated and confused...I don't know if I'm doing something wrong....or that they just take awhile to update statuses online. Has this happened to anybody?

YoungJC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Passport Req..
03/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
03/26/2014
LANDED..........
03/31/2014
Wwkk32 said:
I submitted my application to CIC on April 23. They notified me in June that they had received it and sent it to Ottawa and gave me an application number as well. Since then, I've been using this number or my client ID# to check the status of my application on the CIC website. It's now September and the status of my application still says "Application Received". Shouldn't it say "In Progress" by now? I've been checking every week. I'm a little frustrated and confused...I don't know if I'm doing something wrong....or that they just take awhile to update statuses online. Has this happened to anybody?
If you look at the processing time for CEC PR applications, you'll see it takes about 12 months for average completion. Its only been 5 months since April so y'all should chill out a lil bit. You still have a ways to go.

angiealeliejeff

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-13
Doc's Request.
13-02-14 IMM5669
AOR Received.
12-06-13
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
17-01-14
Med's Done....
04-02-2014 Med's send to cic 20-02-2014 Application on Process: 04-03-2014 RPRF Request 10-03-2014 (pay same date)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 26, 2014 June 1 ECAS change to decicision has been made
VISA ISSUED...
---waiting---
LANDED..........
---waiting---
hi everyone any update on your application...mine is still the same..no movement still application received in cic...

Konkanasetty

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014(chest x-ray was pending due to pregnancy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back with Visa Stamping on 17-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-0ct-2014
Hi,

I would like to add my timelines to my profile of canadavisa.com forum. May I know how I can attach timelines to my profile in this forum?
I tried to edit my profile, but I couldn't see any option to add my timelines.

Your help is much appreciated.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Konkanasetty said:
Hi,

I would like to add my timelines to my profile of canadavisa.com forum. May I know how I can attach timelines to my profile in this forum?

You only have posted six times so far. I think to update your forum profile
you need more posts.
For now, add you timeline to the spreadsheet of the month you applied in and keep posting here.

To update your forum profile go to
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=profile
and look for 'Forum Profile Information' on the left side under 'Modify Profile'

Hope that helps.

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
Konkanasetty said:
Hi,

You need to post at least 10 posts to be able to edit the profile information.