Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
Feb-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-18-2013
LANDED..........
Feb-18-2013
Thanks :) I'm sitting in the immigration office right now... it's so intimidating.... ahhh, let's get this over with!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ivelinan said:
Thanks :) I'm sitting in the immigration office right now... it's so intimidating.... ahhh, let's get this over with!
I'll keep my fingers crossed here - but don't worry about it, my landing was SUPER easy and most officers are friendly. They wil only ask to confirm your status (still married, or still in couple), and read the information on the COPR to make sure it's correct, then sign in front of an officer, get your address for the PR card, and that's it! usually 10 min is more than enough! :)
I'll wait for news!
Sweden

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
woohoo ivelinan! Congrats on the COPR, and speedy landing!

My husbands PR card came in the mail yesterday. Your right Sweden, what a fancy card! I'm getting anxious to get my husband moved up here. I'm flying down to Arizona at the end of March and then we're packing up and driving back up with B4 in hand. I just realized this will be our 3rd 26hr drive we've done in 6 months :eek:

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sunshine87 said:
woohoo ivelinan! Congrats on the COPR, and speedy landing!

My husbands PR card came in the mail yesterday. Your right Sweden, what a fancy card! I'm getting anxious to get my husband moved up here. I'm flying down to Arizona at the end of March and then we're packing up and driving back up with B4 in hand. I just realized this will be our 3rd 26hr drive we've done in 6 months :eek:
Congrats on getting the card, it came faster than mine - CIC is speeding up, good!

26h drive! oh my... sounds a lot! but hopefully once your husband has moved, you can travel less - or maybe only in Canada, there are also 26h drive possibilities around here! :)
The spreadsheet starts to look all colored, it's nice to see! good job with the updates, thanks for doing that!
Sweden

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Twice! 05-November-2012 & 19-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
Very strange but today I received a second PPR. Same exact email I received in early November. Well hopefully it will get done right this time.

ivelinan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Plateau Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-24-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-03-2012
Med's Done....
May-13-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
Feb-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-18-2013
LANDED..........
Feb-18-2013
proco said:
Very strange but today I received a second PPR. Same exact email I received in early November. Well hopefully it will get done right this time.
Oh wow, that sucks.. they've crewed something up, or just did not tell you they needed something else like they did with us...

ivelinan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Plateau Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-24-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-03-2012
Med's Done....
May-13-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
Feb-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-18-2013
LANDED..........
Feb-18-2013
Sweden said:
I'll keep my fingers crossed here - but don't worry about it, my landing was SUPER easy and most officers are friendly. They wil only ask to confirm your status (still married, or still in couple), and read the information on the COPR to make sure it's correct, then sign in front of an officer, get your address for the PR card, and that's it! usually 10 min is more than enough! :)
I'll wait for news!
Sweden
So, it went well. I tried to just go straight to Immigration on the Canadian side, not to have to drive our of Canada, but that didn't work LOL. They asked me to go with the car through the US booths, and then make a U-turn back to the Canadian booths.

So I did that, the Canadian booth guy gave me some yellow slip and sent me back to the immigration desks inside. I got a grouchy lady that has given me hell on previous occasions when coming into Canada, so I was a little worried it's not going to go as smoothly as possible. For some reason this particular woman is always pissed off :/

Anyways, she was not enthusiastic, but I guess at this point had nothing to torture me with, so she just filled out the things she has to sign off on, and gave the CORP back to me to sign, stapled it to the passport and sent me over to customs. Overall, very dry.

The younger guys at customs made up for her lack of enthusiasm and even offered to take a picture of me as a souvenir. Unfortunately they said, they are not allowed to be in the picture, LOL

Today, I went to Service Canada and got my social insurance number. Tomorrow I'll go apply for the medical card, and next week I have an appointment to exchange my driver's license.

So now... I'm all legal and stuff :D :D I can FINALLY start my doggy daycare business, I have been waiting for SO SO long to get going with that.

Thank you all for the advice and support.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ivelinan said:
The younger guys at customs made up for her lack of enthusiasm and even offered to take a picture of me as a souvenir. Unfortunately they said, they are not allowed to be in the picture, LOL
that's really nice! :) I got a super nice and enthusiastic border officer when I landed, it was nice to have somebody welcoming me - even if I had been in Canada for more than a month when I landed!

ivelinan said:
Today, I went to Service Canada and got my social insurance number. Tomorrow I'll go apply for the medical card, and next week I have an appointment to exchange my driver's license.

So now... I'm all legal and stuff :D :D I can FINALLY start my doggy daycare business, I have been waiting for SO SO long to start.

Thank you all for the advice and support.
Good luck with your business, and welcome (legally) to Canada!
Sweden

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
yahoo .. my VO processing time droped from 20 to 19 months ... Come on Amman ... work them files :D

Congradulations to all who have gotten a PPR and those who have landed

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CKnD said:
yahoo .. my VO processing time droped from 20 to 19 months ... Come on Amman ... work them files :D

Congradulations to all who have gotten a PPR and those who have landed
yeah! one month less - that's going towards the right direction! and your file has been with the VO for quite a while now, hopefully you'll hear from them really soon!
Sweden

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
Thanks Sweden ... In the Amman channel, there has been some movement with people getting their files worked on, so I'm monitoring my Ecas like a hawk, hoping something happens soon.

Question to you and all those who have landed: Tell us about your new life in Canada, what do you love?. What do you hate ?, What do you miss ?. What parts of Canada have you seen, been too ? all those kind of things.

I find we get alot of info about peoples wait times, struggles to get here, immigration hassels. But we never get any info of those that have landed, and have started their lives hear, lets here their stories. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CKnD said:
Thanks Sweden ... In the Amman channel, there has been some movement with people getting their files worked on, so I'm monitoring my Ecas like a hawk, hoping something happens soon.

Question to you and all those who have landed: Tell us about your new life in Canada, what do you love?. What do you hate ?, What do you miss ?. What parts of Canada have you seen, been too ? all those kind of things.

I find we get alot of info about peoples wait times, struggles to get here, immigration hassels. But we never get any info of those that have landed, and have started their lives hear, lets here their stories. :D
Good point! :) I landed in Victoria, BC. I like it here! :) it's currently 8 degrees and sunny, while a lot of other parts of Canada ( most of it!) is still covered in snow and really cold! Haven't seen much of Canada yet - mostly Vancouver Island, and the coast north of Vancouver... settling hasn't been too difficult, I miss friends and family, but have been living away from them for quite a while, so... nothing new.
Started making new friends here (through the forum, and just meeting people here!), and my life seems to be taking a nice direction. Most of my time has been devoted to try and get a job since I landed... more waiting, and more frantically checking emails ( no more ecas for me though! :) ) I don't hate anything! :) in general pretty happy here!

CKnD - hope you hear soon and ecas turns into 'in process' for you!
Sweden

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
CKnD said:

The biggest shock for me, after being away for about 13 years would most certainly be the amount of TAXES we pay in Canada. It's out of control. Do any Canadian politicians ever run for office with the slogan of reducing taxes?

The other thing that was a bit of a shock, in a funny kind of way, was that it seemed everyone HAD TO have a cup of coffee in their hands at all times of the day. In China, I'm used to being one of the few who drinks coffee, so seeing coffee shops on practically every street corner was odd.

We're not moving back permanently until September this year, so nothing more to add now...but I am sure there will be a lot of 'new' experiences along the way....

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Taxes are higher than we are used to in California but we get a lot more benefits. OHIP, Child Tax Benefit, Universal Child Care Benefit. I can't complain, at least not yet!

proco

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-April-2012
Doc's Request.
09-October-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
20-July-2012
Med's Done....
16-April-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Twice! 05-November-2012 & 19-February-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-March-2013
LANDED..........
30-March-2013
Ecas has changed to Decision Made! Hope to get COPR soon!