04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
fireluck said:
im the sponsor so it is his file in Manila. so does it mean im applying in his behalf?
Yes, only people already in Canada can apply for GCMS notes, so in your case, you will apply on his behalf and he gives you his consent to do so.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
fireluck said:
Hi Steph C congrats!... I wonder what happened to our papers... do I need to do something or what? Please advise guys. It has been a year yesterday!
Oh no Fireluck.. your PPR should be soon. I will bet it's next week! We have a Magic Rooster tab on the bottom of the spreadsheet.. it predicts who is next to get PPR based on Sponsor approval. You are near the top.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCLbbZupkY_dHJRT2R1alhXS2xaUzFTcHZsTUhVbHc#gid=6

There was a big group of applications that was received in Manila on September 27th. I think yours just missed this shipment. Yours is probably in the next shipment which they should be opening :D

Please contact your MP to ask them for help at this point.. because it's beyond ridiculous for you. You're the longest waiting person on the whole spreadsheet.
Find your MP here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC&PostalCode=K1S2P4

Ordering notes is a good idea, but since you didn't yet get PPR I don't know if they will say anything. Your delay is due to super late sponsor approval.. like mine was. But the other steps I guess are according to Sponsor Approval date. My notes came a week before my PPR and they were pretty much blank. However, it takes a month to get - mine took 20 days, and so if you get PPR next week it could give insight on your file a month from now.
I got my partner to print, sign and scan the consent form.. he emailed it to me, then I emailed the consent form, the E-payment receipt, and the application form. Just to repeat the links that BC Girl wrote:

Fill out this form and also make a payment of $5

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp

The sponsored person needs to print and sign this form, then scan and email it to the Sponsor in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Include: the completed ATIP form, receipt of payment ,and consent form (total 3 documents) in an email to:

ATIP-AIPRP @ cic.gc.ca

I ticked "Access to Information Act", then on the 3rd question "Email"
4th Question "No.. Consent Included"

next section "I am a Canadian Citizen etc.." then "Public" no need to include proof if you have a Canadian address.

Section C make sure you tick "electronic files" so as not to delay your processing while they photocopy your actual file.

Did your husband submit an original Advisory On Marriage with the application? Most people forgot to include one because they included a marriage certificate, but you really have to have an AOM too. Most people get a request for their AOM along with their PPR. Maybe if you didn't include it you can order one for your husband online so that when he gets his PPR next week he will already have it. Teleserv you can order and pay online.. and it's really fast. It delivers via Air 21, 2 days only to Davao.. not sure about the other places. You have to order a CENOMAR to get an AOM. There's a form, then an online chat thingey where they ask you a few questions, then a payment page where you can use a Visa card to pay the 500p.
http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/

But the good news is I think Manila Embassy is starting to process people really fast once they open the application. I have seen people getting PPR's and DM's all in the same day. And I think the medical is faster now too, possibly only a month if your husband needs to re-do. I bet once your husband gets his PPR it will be very fast and you will be hearing more good news within the next 2 months :)

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
Thanks Steph C and BC girl. My husband got his AOR today asking for his passport. However there was this note in his email "NOTE: We have sent your NEW medical instruction via email on 18 April 2013". Problem is he did not receive any email. Please advice... Anyone?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
fireluck said:
Thanks Steph C and BC girl. My husband got his AOR today asking for his passport. However there was this note in his email "NOTE: We have sent your NEW medical instruction via email on 18 April 2013". Problem is he did not receive any email. Please advice... Anyone?
Congrats! I was so happy when I saw you posted hoping it was good news.
They did the same thing to us - they said they sent an email but never did. Just email in reply to the email address that sent the PPR and write URGENT in the title.. include your file # also and say you didn't receive the instructions for re medical and could they please re-send it. Send it from the email address you want it to be sent to. They sent it within 24 hours to us.

RE-MANIL.IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
fireluck said:
Hey Fireluck,

Glad to see that things are moving, AOR and passport request + re-meds, that's great! I would advise to write back, answering to the email that you received, stating that you didn't get the re-meds instructions on the 18th of April, and asking if they could re-send it to your email ( the one currently using). They should be able to resend it to you right away.
Then - it should be almost over! re-meds and PPR so close to each other is a good sign for sure! Steph C might give you more details instructions are she is dealing with the same VO and has a very similar timeline to yours.
Wish you the best of luck - I hope your husband is in Canada really soon! :)
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Steph C said:
Congrats! I was so happy when I saw you posted hoping it was good news.
They did the same thing to us - they said they sent an email but never did. Just email in reply to the email address that sent the PPR and write URGENT in the title.. include your file # also and say you didn't receive the instructions for re medical and could they please re-send it. Send it from the email address you want it to be sent to. They sent it within 24 hours to us.

RE-MANIL.IMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca
ah ah!! I knew that Steph C will have very precise instructions on that one! :)
Sweden :)

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
Thanks a lot StephC. So does it mean he has to do medical again? Is that what you did?

Sweeeden! I'm so numb because it took so long. I just want to submit all the stuff and get it over with. Baby's birthday is on June 4. Imagine that! That is how long this is taking. Hopefully it goes fast from hereon.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
fireluck said:
Thanks a lot StephC. So does it mean he has to do medical again? Is that what you did?

Sweeeden! I'm so numb because it took so long. I just want to submit all the stuff and get it over with. Baby's birthday is on June 4. Imagine that! That is how long this is taking. Hopefully it goes fast from hereon.
It will be fast now! Medical means you're approved :D
When my guy went to the doctor in Davao, there were no waits.. he could just go in whenever he wanted. They asked for 4 pictures even though the form said it was not needed. They weren't specific immigration sized photos, just any wallet size will do. There is a new list of Doctors enabled with e-medical. The exam cost 5,450 :-X
He will need to bring id - birth cert (they accepted photocopy) or passport photocopy. The doctor's office gave him this email address and said after 2 weeks you can email the embassy and see that your results are there.
manil.mc-extmed @ international.gc.ca​
On the spreadsheet, it looks like people are getting their visa 1 month and 2 weeks after the medical request. That's good news!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fireluck said:

I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you to be away with a young baby and doing all of that on your own.... best birthday present would be for him to be there on 4th June! but you're definitely on the finish line, and re-meds is really good news, it should be the last step when it's so close to the PPR.... so essentially you're almost done! a few weeks more, maybe a little over a month, that would be great! fingers crossed for you!
Sweden

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Sweden said:
I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you to be away with a young baby and doing all of that on your own.... best birthday present would be for him to be there on 4th June! but you're definitely on the finish line, and re-meds is really good news, it should be the last step when it's so close to the PPR.... so essentially you're almost done! a few weeks more, maybe a little over a month, that would be great! fingers crossed for you!
Sweden
I know! My little nephew is the same age, they grow so fast! Did your husband get his CFO seminar yet? He can do that in the meantime, Cebu or Manila, to get it out of the way before flying.

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
Steph C said:
I know! My little nephew is the same age, they grow so fast! Did your husband get his CFO seminar yet? He can do that in the meantime, Cebu or Manila, to get it out of the way before flying.
The CFO requires you to bring your passport right? So is it ok that you already have a CFO stamp on your passport before submitting it to the embassy for the visa?

Yes sweden, one woman show with baby, and i really need to work soon!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
fireluck said:
The CFO requires you to bring your passport right? So is it ok that you already have a CFO stamp on your passport before submitting it to the embassy for the visa?

Yes sweden, one woman show with baby, and i really need to work soon!
Either you bring your passport in advance of your PPR, or bring a photocopy of the passport and you will get a certificate and they can issue the sticker later when you have the visa, in their office or at their desk in the airport.. which you have to call ahead to do. It's fine enough to do it when you have your visa already, just we're not from Manila and the seminars there are only Tuesday and Thursday, really a full day. Seminars in Cebu are every weekday. They also require to see pics of the two of you, and your marriage licence.
So my guy is going to Cebu to do his.. hopefully it will save us the extra cost of staying in Manila for that.

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
Steph C said:
Either you bring your passport in advance of your PPR, or bring a photocopy of the passport and you will get a certificate and they can issue the sticker later when you have the visa, in their office or at their desk in the airport.. which you have to call ahead to do. It's fine enough to do it when you have your visa already, just we're not from Manila and the seminars there are only Tuesday and Thursday, really a full day. Seminars in Cebu are every weekday. They also require to see pics of the two of you, and your marriage licence.
So my guy is going to Cebu to do his.. hopefully it will save us the extra cost of staying in Manila for that.
Ahh I'll let him call CFO to inquire. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully everything will be done soon.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fireluck said:
Ahh I'll let him call CFO to inquire. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully everything will be done soon.
it looks like everything is coming together - all pieces of the puzzle starting to fit in, and hopefully soon you can book a one-way ticket for your husband!
Sweden

fireluck

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
10-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Request
18-04-2013
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
August or September 2013
Sweden said:
it looks like everything is coming together - all pieces of the puzzle starting to fit in, and hopefully soon you can book a one-way ticket for your husband!
Sweden
Keep your fingers crossed Sweden! = )