saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rnaaz said:
Hi all,

Today I have called CIC again, and Iam completely shocked,
The call centre agent told me that my application has been returned to me on july 26th because the appln form was wrong. and it has not reached at my address till now. what do i do now. Iam in a dilemma like what could be there in the mail , whether I can apply again or not? unless I see the mail sent by them How do I know whether my application is completely rejected or they asked me to re apply. and even Iam not in the new occupation list...

The call centre agent also sent me an email rite then to download the new appln form and apply again.

all seniors plz advice .

Hi Rnaaz,

Sorry to hear that your application must have lost in the post, i might be wrong but i dont think they would have asked you to reapply under the old rules because most of the applicants who got there application back after 26th June were told to apply under the new rules and unfortunately 4131 is no more in the list. Ring CIC again and ask them for what reason it was returned?

Cheers
Saki

rnaaz

Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2010
Hi saki,

The reason he said was, the application form was wrong.could u plz tell me how do I get my post sent by them whom shall I contact GPO or ...?

satnak

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
- CIO...: Aug 2010 NDVO...:Jan 2011
Med's Done....
April 01, 2013 MR Line....: April 14, 2013
aran said:
Friends,

I have just received my IELTS score

Listening - 6.5
Reading - 9
Writing - 6.5
Speaking -6.5

Overall Band - 7

Hope this will bring me 14 points

Good-luck for all other people

Aran
Hello Aran,

Congrats on your IELTS scores!

You will get 14 points, if English is your FIRST LANGUAGE otherwise you will get 8 points from these scores.

Satnam

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satnak said:
Hello Aran,

Congrats on your IELTS scores!

You will get 14 points, if English is your FIRST LANGUAGE otherwise you will get 8 points from these scores.

Satnam
No, he will get 14 points irrespective of English as 1st language or not.

Mitali

satnak

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
mitali said:
No, he will get 14 points irrespective of English as 1st language or not.

Mitali
Hello,

I checked it at following link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html

and it is also written in "Canada Guide to Immigration Application" Page 9 under heading "Using your test results".

Regards,

Satnam

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, IELTS result is in. extremely happy... ;D

Listening : 7.5 = 4 points
Reading : 6.5 = 4 points
Writing : 6.5 = 4 points
Speaking: 8 = 4 points
Overall band: 7 = 16 points

satnak

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
haral said:

Congrats!!

but check the link I have posted in my previous post and also Guide.

Besties~

Satnam

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satnak said:
Hello,

I checked it at following link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html

and it is also written in "Canada Guide to Immigration Application" Page 9 under heading "Using your test results".

Regards,

Satnam
Hi satnam,

Please check the following site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp

You can score 16 points if you are opting for English as your only language and obviously you will add on points if you have experience in french as well.

As per Cohen's website:

There are 2 languages you can claim points for... we all know it is either English or French. Suppose you choose English as your 1st language and calculate then you get 16 (for all high) and if it is 2nd language or in other words "not your 1st language" then you get 8. When you are opting for English "not your 1st language" then automatically French becomes your 1st language.

I hope it is clear.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haral said:

Congratulations Haral.....lot of tension just evaporated for you.

Mitali

satnak

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
mitali said:
Hi satnam,

Please check the following site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-language.asp

You can score 16 points if you are opting for English as your only language and obviously you will add on points if you have experience in french as well.

As per Cohen's website:

There are 2 languages you can claim points for... we all know it is either English or French. Suppose you choose English as your 1st language and calculate then you get 16 (for all high) and if it is 2nd language or in other words "not your 1st language" then you get 8. When you are opting for English "not your 1st language" then automatically French becomes your 1st language.

I hope it is clear.

Mitali
Thanks Mitali

priyankaa

Apr 24, 2010
Hi Mitali,
I filed my application on 28th April 2010.My credit card got charged on 30th July 2010.I called CIC in first week of sept. and they said if you will not received any email or documents give us a call in end of the month.Now i have lost the number can you please give me the no. from where i can get all the information.

ArshadAli

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waitinig
Passport Req..
waiting
mitali said:
Hi Arshad,

The rules of acquiring the Transcripts is different for different Univ.

Generally, the applicant requests the Registrar of the Univ for a Transcript in sealed envelope. They would ask you to provide identification. For very old batch they request for a photocopy of your transcript/marksheet to locate the paper files. Once they find the info they prepare new copy of transcripts and sign with current date and put them in an envelope and seal it. There is a fee for this. You have to send this envelope to VO.

Hope this helps.

Mitali
Thanks Mitali,i did masters from University of Punjab,but i have opened the sealed envelopes to make these transcripts attested by HEC,so what should i do now? i should again apply for transcripts or just go for HEC attestation.Plz answer

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArshadAli said:
Thanks Mitali,i did masters from University of Punjab,but i have opened the sealed envelopes to make these transcripts attested by HEC,so what should i do now? i should again apply for transcripts or just go for HEC attestation.Plz answer
Hi Arshad,

Many people have got their Transcripts attested by HEC and it seems that worked for them. I would suggest to request for another set of transcripts from the Univ and in the meantime get the transcript that you have in hand attested. If you are close to 120d submission then go ahead with the attested transcripts or else wait for the Sealed envelope from the Univ.

Previously this was not a big deal but now with all the changes at CIC and the 'apparent' procedure adopted by CIC to weed out candidates at the slightest pretext (my opinion),has made candidates more careful about their appication.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyankaa said:
Hi Mitali,
I filed my application on 28th April 2010.My credit card got charged on 30th July 2010.I called CIC in first week of sept. and they said if you will not received any email or documents give us a call in end of the month.Now i have lost the number can you please give me the no. from where i can get all the information.
Hi Priyanka,

There you go....

You need to call at 16139444000 and then select options in this sequence 1...2...1...2....1

You would be placed in queue and after 5-10 minutes, your call would be attended by someone. The person would ask for client id. If you dont have it, provide your name and DoB and then ask for your status & client id.

Hope this helps

Cheers

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thx Mitali... Yes its a big relief..

mitali said:
Congratulations Haral.....lot of tension just evaporated for you.

Mitali